Alternate way to get pokedollars

Evilshuckle

Yesterday or so I made a thread with a suggestion I still to believe to be good. It got misunderstood and before I even had the chance to clarify, it got locked. I tried contacting the mod, but as was pointed out instead of messaging mods I should put it on the forum, so here I am.

My suggestion was to make players get pokedollars by fighting other real players. This would make battling other players more interesting, because there would actually be a point to it for new players. In the last generations of pokemon games you could battle other players without getting xp or gold, which you would do to test your skill with finished pokemon teams. However, this is a different type pokemon game, a completely online one, but at the moment the game is just like nintendo made pokemon games. Surely, you see other players, but they aren't really there, as you can walk through them, and battle them without it really doing anything. You only interact with them, pretty much when you've finished the storyline.

If battling trainers of the same level would get you pokedollars or even xp, it would really integrate the other players into the game. Having this alternate way to get money or even xp would mean getting money from pokemon in the wild could be removed. Gengar17 responded to this by saying I must be joking because getting pokemon from the wild has been the main way of getting money for 20 years and it would be counterproductive to remove it.

Gengar17 clearly completely misunderstood my point, because there hasn't been a single game where you'd get pokedollars from pokemon in the wild. The main source of income was from battling npc trainers. Winning would get you a bit of money, whereas losing would result in losing some. My suggestion also wasn't about the removal of getting money from pokemon in the wild bit (even though it still makes no sense to me. A ratata giving you 5 pokedollars for knocking him out), but about integrating other players into the game, so the game actually is an online game, as opposed to it being almost the same as nintendo made games.

Now, because in the actual pokemon games you'd gain money for winning but lose it for losing, it would make sense to me that battling real players would also result in one of the players losing money whereas the other one gets it. Gengar17 said that the only good suggestion I had was the bit about getting/losing money when facing other players. This was, in fact, the only thing I suggested in the first place. About it being used to steal from new players:

New players wouldn't have any pokedollars to begin with. In any of the games you'd lose some money losing a battle. Just like that, you'd now lose the same amount for losing against a real player, it would be just like the actual games, except that other players are really part of it. Other than pokedollars, getting a bit of xp could also be interesting, although this might be xploited (as the xp gain would be a lot higher than just battling pokemon in the wild), so maybe the xp gained could be lowered drastically, making it about as much as just fighting a pokemon in the wild.

I hope this thread is now clarified. Also, hopefully the matter can now be discussed instead of it instantly being locked because it wasn't clear enough.

47997 Lol people can spam fight with his friend for free money xD

Yep, I would like a betting system:

-Bet money

-Bet pokèmonz

-Bet items

-Bet multiple of the above

And winner takes all. Maybe have an in game location like an arena and you give the wagered items to an NPC who can give it to the winner as a reward.

Phaedrus in the hizzouse!