Shroomish Learning/Re-Learning Spore

Kitsune2

So according to Bulbapedia, Shroomish learns Spore at level 40. I got to level 40, it didn't even try to learn it, so I thought hey, maybe it's because it learned it later pre-Gen VII, but no, it was the same in Gen VI and Gen V, so I went to the move re-learner, but it acts like it can't even learn Spore. After some searching here on the forums, I've seen two different methodologies to teach it Spore, one being removing Stun Spore, then checking, or adding Stun Spore, then checking, and both ways that I have tried this, Spore is not there. If anyone could provide a solution that would be great, because according to all of these posts one of these ways used to work for people, and if I evolve this Shroomish it can no longer learn Spore, and I don't want to waste a great Pokemon. Thanks.

349891 So according to Bulbapedia, Shroomish learns Spore at level 40. I got to level 40, it didn't even try to learn it, so I thought hey, maybe it's because it learned it later pre-Gen VII, but no, it was the same in Gen VI and Gen V, so I went to the move re-learner, but it acts like it can't even learn Spore. After some searching here on the forums, I've seen two different methodologies to teach it Spore, one being removing Stun Spore, then checking, or adding Stun Spore, then checking, and both ways that I have tried this, Spore is not there. If anyone could provide a solution that would be great, because according to all of these posts one of these ways used to work for people, and if I evolve this Shroomish it can no longer learn Spore, and I don't want to waste a great Pokemon. Thanks.

Hello Kitsune2,

you have to learn "stun spore" first and after that "spore" will show up in the list afaik

___

Pre

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

349895 Just tried that again, here's a screenshot, it's not there. https://puu.sh/u0whM/6f5c756318.jpg

349896 Okay, nevermind, for some reason it learns it at 45 instead of level 40. Weird. Thanks for the help, though!

Hello Kitsune2,

well, nice to hear that :)

Have fun with the pokemon!

___

Pre

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

349896 Okay, nevermind, for some reason it learns it at 45 instead of level 40. Weird. Thanks for the help, though!

Shroomish learns spore at the following levels:

Gen 3: Level 53

Gen 4: Level 45

Gen 5: Level 45

Gen 6: Level 40 in ORAS and 45 in XY

Given PRO was already being worked on before ORAS, logically the learnsets must be from a previous version.

Locked.

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.