Red server is old

Moltisanti

First of all, I don't know if this is the correct subforum to make this post, and I know that this has not easy solution. I just want to create a space to know each other opinions and discuss about it.

It's a fact that servers are a little empty lately, but at least in the red server (I don't know if in the other two servers the situation is the same) there is a big decompensation between the players.

It used to be natural to see a lot of players completing the story, battling gyms, starting their teams, etc. Now almost all the players are veterans and it's difficult to see those things (it's kinda sad). When you see people completing the story, it's probably a veteran player with an alternative account.

This causes several problems in the commnunity and the market.

For example, it used to be easy to sell decent (but not really good) pokemon cheap, because they are good for new players who are starting their team but do not have much money. Now it's really hard to do it because everybody is a veteran player and nobody wants them.

On the other hand, there is a huge inflation for epic pokemon. Back in days a epic pokemon used to cost arount 300-400k, now it's more like 2-3m or even higher. This makes the money that you can earn in story and quests practicly irrelevant because it still being the same that was before but the prices in market are so much bigger. Those are some problems of an unregulated free market, that came worst because of the descompensation between the players.

Also this makes the game more unnatractive for new players because it's diffictult to get good money at the begining and they can't participate in the market succesfully (nobody wants to buy the pokemon that they can sell because they are not epic, and they can't improve their posibilities of buying good pokemon because story's money now is kinda irrelevant). We have to keep in mind also that it's not attractive to complete the story alone like in a regular offline game.

I want to know your opinion about this and what you think we (or staff) can do to solve it, thanks for your time.

Edit: A good idea that emerged from this discussion (by Sceo and FatManClt) is to change what server the game shows by default when you open it for the first time. It can be changed once a month, or maybe even once a week. This wouldn't cause a huge change but it will help to inject fresh blood in the old servers.

If you have more ideas feel free to share them with us!

Difficult to do something about it though, like the obvious solution would be that it would merged in 1 server instead of 3, then you get a constant joining of new players which balance the market better, instead of such high prices. I mean as new players you don't think you will ever get 2m, and then to even spend that on 1 poke, you gotta be crazy o.o

Maybe switch the selected server for new players every month or something to kinda have a constant joining of new players.

350078 Difficult to do something about it though, like the obvious solution would be that it would merged in 1 server instead of 3, then you get a constant joining of new players which balance the market better, instead of such high prices. I mean as new players you don't think you will ever get 2m, and then to even spend that on 1 poke, you gotta be crazy o.o

Maybe switch the selected server for new players every month or something to kinda have a constant joining of new players.

Thank you for your answer, I thought about that two options too. The first one may would be the greatest but I think that's impossible right now.

The other option (to switch the preference of the servers when you open the game) is so easy to do and I it would help a little, I wonder what staff members think about it.

350105 The principal fact is the default server, In blue it was the same situation before he become the default server.

I think the best way should be to change the default server all the week, one week red, then the next week blue and after yellow. That will aliment correctly all the three server

Good luck on Red

I'm agree, that would help. I don't know if it's better to change the default server once a week or once a month but I think it's necessary to inject fresh blood in all the servers equally.

They will never merge server because it would mean that lot of people will have to start over the game. And other than that, what would it solve? Just 800 person instead of 400 in the game.. but still 800 veteran and not 400 veteran and 400 new players.

350122 They will never merge server because it would mean that lot of people will have to start over the game. And other than that, what would it solve? Just 800 person instead of 400 in the game.. but still 800 veteran and not 400 veteran and 400 new players.

Yup, that's why I said that I think it's not possible. But changing the default server doesnt require much work and it will make a difference.