Random encounters with Legendary beasts

Juqi

1. 1.

I think i'd be a great thing that after beating elite 4. In Kanto, could appears Raikou, Entei and Suicune randomly and they could be captured but they couldn't be for trading to avoid the spam and overprices.

random legend encounters will never happen here. any catchable legend encounter will always be a single one time only scripted event, there will be no do-overs either

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

48332 random legend encounters will never happen here. any catchable legend encounter will always be a single one time only scripted event, there will be no do-overs either

So instead of giving them a difficult but rewarding method to farm something that will otherwise be farmed in a way you don't want, you're giving people a great reason to make ten thousand alts and clutter up the database? How could this possibly go wrong. I'm gonna make a batch of 100 alts right now in preparation.

So instead of giving them a difficult but rewarding method to farm something that will otherwise be farmed in a way you don't want, you're giving people a great reason to make ten thousand alts and clutter up the database? How could this possibly go wrong. I'm gonna make a batch of 100 alts right now in preparation.

To be fair, do you really expect people (and yourself) to finish multiple regions 100 times?

I honestly doubt people would bother doing the requirement 100 times, as it is right now, it doesn't sounds like it's going to be easy. I bet we would need to be the Champion of the latest region in PRO just to be able to get one. Mew alone also needs 500 hours playtime apparently. Doing that for 10 characters would be equal to 5000 hours, which is around half a year of constantly playing (24/7) without stopping. Doing that for 100 characters? Around 5 years of constantly playing without stopping.

Unless you have like, 50-100 computers all run 24/7 just for PRO.

48405 To be fair, do you really expect people (and yourself) to finish multiple regions 100 times?

If I played seriously like I did during the first two weeks after release, I'd be finishing up something like alt 20 right now, and I'm not even the fastest in my guild. M4sterj0e beat Kanto and Johto in a day and a half. Twice (though it took him like two days the first time).

48405I honestly doubt people would bother doing the requirement 100 times, as it is right now, it doesn't sounds like it's going to be easy.

I don't actually plan on doing that of course, I was just flexing my point with an obvious hyperbole. While you're right in that it might be difficult and such difficulty could deter some people from making alts, even if it is, that only resolves half of the problem; the other half is that players still deserve to have more than one shot for at least a good nature, and some may go to great lengths to do this anyway. If the difficulty in respawning a Legendary is great, but still less than the difficulty in creating an alt to get that Legendary, then it stands to reason that most players will follow the path of least resistance and literally everybody wins.

I feel that's a preferable approach to game development versus clumsily ripping out parts of a problem like a blind double arm amputee brain surgeon with Parkinson's.