Things that everyone should consider.

Phoenixsoul

1- Use the server correctly. This "Announcements" section is the most useless section i have seen in all forums i have participated. 11 hours server down and 0 informational threads in that section (Announcements is a specific section for news and server issues).

2- Ingame chat punishments. People spam and insult in chats, but the best thing you can do is 60 seconds mute. If you want to use a mute punishment make punishments harder, (like 1st warning: 3 ingame hours mute, 2nd warning: 6 ingame hours mute, 3rd warning: 12 ingame hours mute, 4th warning and above: 24 ingame hours mute, and a warning reset system, i.e. If you have been 1 day without receiving a warning, your warnings are reseted). I'm tired to see the same people muted once and again. They will never change with 60-90 seconds mute, and you won't get a clean chat with those little punishments.

3- A decent pokemon storage system, just like the official one (different and configurable boxes + a favourite system for those pokemons that you don't want to lose due to a mistake by oneself, i mean, fav pokemons that cannot be released/traded).

4- F2P mount (1-2 are enough imo), completing a quest, after 8th johto badge, for example. (I don't know if it's actually possible to get a free mount completing a quest)

5- One of the most important things in my opinions: Punish the use of "cry" and "noob" words. These words are disrespectful. Noone "cries" and noone is a "noob". Some people are newbie, and some people discuss and complain about things.

I will update the thread if i think in more useful suggestions.

Excuse me if I make many misspellings.

In regards to your 2nd point. A system almost similar to this is already implemented but players outside the staff don't see this on the chat.

Smashing_sig.jpg

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums or on the IRC PRO Channel due to being of use to others. Please use proper Forum.

Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

In regards to 1, several moderators/higher-ups have already stated that announcement would not be used to communicate server statuses since that would render announcement completely futile. Why? Perhaps you wouldn't know but in the past month the server has gone offline perhaps more than 60 times. Are you expecting mods/gms to spend time bombarding the announcement every time a server goes offline, instead of spending their valuable time fixing the server itself? It adds no value and wastes time.

Please, I know it may be difficult, but do understand the mods' decision (especially when they have repeated themselves several times).

4- F2P mount (1-2 are enough imo), completing a quest, after 8th johto badge, for example. (I don't know if it's actually possible to get a free mount completing a quest)[/quote2]

You don't know anything, John Snow... You can get free mount, just check map very carefully ;-)

U6EGkEz.gif?1

"When you want to say something in All-Talk Chat"

AHwr0S8.png

48200 Are you expecting mods/gms to spend time bombarding the announcement every time a server goes offline, instead of spending their valuable time fixing the server itself?

That's their duty. They can move the thread to a "record" (for those who want to know what happened with the server back then), and create a new thread if a new issue appears.

P.S.: I have played mmos/participated in forums around 12 years, and i think i know how things works.

48200 Are you expecting mods/gms to spend time bombarding the announcement every time a server goes offline, instead of spending their valuable time fixing the server itself?

That's their duty. They can move the thread to a "record" (for those who want to know what happened with the server back then), and create a new thread if a new issue appears.

Again, I personally would rather the mods/GM to actually spend their valuable time productively to fix the server than to post meaningless announcements as you've suggested.Also, they don't have any official "duty" to inform anyone, considering the game is a voluntary piece of art. Blaming the mods/GM insofar as "That's their duty" is simply egoistical, since you yourself are consuming free content. Lastly, not every mod/GM have any knowledge of what is actually going on with the server, let alone until what time they expect to fix it. I hope you are not recommending them to post the likes of:

by MOD, Oct 25, 2015 1:00pm

The server is still offline, please be patient until it comes back up.

by MOD, Oct 25, 2015 2:00pm

We still have no information regarding when the server will be back up, please wait patiently until then.

by MOD, Oct 25, 2015 2:30pm

OK back up now.

.... you get the idea.

If you just want to know server status, the homepage is all you need.

If you want to know what time or the cause of the server crashing, go seek God.

P.P.S: Using the fact that you've played mmos for 12 years as pseudo-authority is just silly. Many in this forum have played for much longer and being an expert at COD for instance has nothing to do with knowing how the game should be moderated.

48188 1- Use the server correctly. This "Announcements" section is the most useless section i have seen in all forums i have participated. 11 hours server down and 0 informational threads in that section (Announcements is a specific section for news and server issues).

2- Ingame chat punishments. People spam and insult in chats, but the best thing you can do is 60 seconds mute. If you want to use a mute punishment make punishments harder, (like 1st warning: 3 ingame hours mute, 2nd warning: 6 ingame hours mute, 3rd warning: 12 ingame hours mute, 4th warning and above: 24 ingame hours mute, and a warning reset system, i.e. If you have been 1 day without receiving a warning, your warnings are reseted). I'm tired to see the same people muted once and again. They will never change with 60-90 seconds mute, and you won't get a clean chat with those little punishments.

3- A decent pokemon storage system, just like the official one (different and configurable boxes + a favourite system for those pokemons that you don't want to lose due to a mistake by oneself, i mean, fav pokemons that cannot be released/traded).

4- F2P mount (1-2 are enough imo), completing a quest, after 8th johto badge, for example. (I don't know if it's actually possible to get a free mount completing a quest)

5- One of the most important things in my opinions: Punish the use of "cry" and "noob" words. These words are disrespectful. Noone "cries" and noone is a "noob". Some people are newbie, and some people discuss and complain about things.

I will update the thread if i think in more useful suggestions.

Excuse me if I make many misspellings.

1- That depends on your "Announcement" definition. If we were to make new topics for each time the server goes down and gets back up, we'd simply spam it... So rather than that, Shane made a status checker. Which can be found here : https://www.pokemonrevolution.net/

2- Ingame punishments are in, though only mutes are visible to players. Others, like how our Discipline Appeal sub-forum is private, are invisible to other players, nor they need to be visible, which is practicaly public shaming.

4- There is a Free-Mount quest in game.

5- Any term that is used as a derogatory is mutable, which requires either report or blatantly insulting a player infront of us. On such offense, a punishment will be enforced to said player.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

P.S.: I have played mmos/participated in forums around 12 years, and i think i know how things works.

Oh i'm sorry, I didn't realise you were the guy who defines what the moderation staff should do.

Oh wait, I am.

Let me tell you what the Mods and GMs are for;

- General Moderation

- Policing the server for rule breakers

- Dealing with cases of rule-breaking

- (optional) Helping players with game/forum based queries.

I don't see 'reporting about server crashes that they actually would have no idea about because they don't have database access', do you?

We don't have time to report every little crash. When we actually have to do something (i.e. update maps, upload new server/client build), we actively

let players know in-game as it happens.

The 3 people who have such access are me, Red and Shane.

All 3 of us have RL related duties to attend to this week or so, in fact I am the most active of the 3, yet i'm barely on half an hour a day, such is life.

Things will get back to normal next week, but I will leave with this note:

We make this game for people to enjoy, we don't make this game so people can come on and whine when something doesn't go their way.

Also, please next time before saying that stuff doesn't exist and needs to be added, actually play the game more than 5 minutes. Arcanine mount is free to get with a quest, one or 2 others will also be obtainable this way in the future.

I've recently spoken to Shane about the PC Box storage system, it too, will be getting an overhaul; with better organisation, highlighted box numbers and search functionality being the major features. This will come in the future once major server stability is achieved

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.