Shadow Tag Voting

Palpatine

</B></U>

Edit: Voting will go from March 22 - April 12 (3 weeks)

<i></i>

Introduction

After reading many detailed discussions with strong points from both sides of the spectrum, we have decided to let the community vote on the ability, Shadow Tag. Shadow Tag - Prevents the Pokemon from switching out / escaping. Primarily, Gothitelle seems to be the only problem but the Pokemon that possess this ability are the following:

574.png575.png576.png360.png202.png

The voting process will be simple. In order to cast your vote, you must have obtained at least 200 points on the PvP Ranked Ladder and your account must have at least 200 Hours in-game. If you cast a vote and do not have proof of having 200 points, your vote will not be counted. After obtaining these points you will post the screenshot of your Rating, Wins, and Losses followed by at least 4 sentences explaining why you want it banned or not. Towards the end of the PvP season, the votes will be tallied up to decide whether the ability is banned or not. There must be at least a 60% majority vote in favor of the ban in order for it to be removed from ranked PvP. The voting will be open for everyone on March 22 and it will stay open for 3 weeks. This should give everyone enough time to get the requirements. If you are found using more than 1 account to vote, your vote will not be counted and further action may be taken. Any post that is not a vote will be ignored and deleted. This is to ensure we have an easier time tallying up all of the votes. An example of a valid vote would be:

2e96dec043674e2b8949bbad38d36bd0.png

I believe Shadow Tag should/should not be banned because.........

Points On Why Shadow Tag Should Not Be Banned.

• You can easily revenge-kill Gothitelle with a STAB Dark moves from prominent Pokemon such as Bisharp, Weavile, Absol, Tyranitar etc. Gothitelle is also easily walled by these Dark types.

• Gothitelle is only good against stall-oriented teams and is rendered useless against offensive teams.

• There aren't that many Pokemon Gothitelle can set up on in PRO. Therefore it is often dead weight in a team.

• Gothitelle is beaten by strong wall-breakers such as Togekiss and Mew.

• Banning Shadow Tag will increase the amount of stall teams and Klefki.

• Many players have invested many hours and a considerable amount of in-game currency to obtain viable Shadow Tag Pokemon.

Points On Why Shadow Tag Should Be Banned.

• With the lack of team preview, it is difficult to know whether your opponent has a Gothitelle so you are not given a chance to play around it.

• Having bulky water types such as Slowbro, Milotic, and Alomomola removed due to Shadow Tag makes strong physical attackers in Gliscor, Talonflame, Machamp, etc. too hard to beat.

• The amount of time it takes for a Gothitelle to set up Calm Minds on each Pokemon is very long which makes battles dull and time-consuming.

• Shadow Tag takes away a fundamental aspect of that game, that aspect being switching.

• Shadow Tag is generally a very "uncompetitive" strategy and takes very little skill / knowledge to use while being very good at the same time.

• You are guaranteed to lose one Pokemon when Gothitelle is sent into battle on a pokemon it can set up on.

• Even though Gothitelle can easily be revenge-killed, it can easily switch out to a counter. Especially with the lack of Pursuit.

<U><B>Edit: Voting will go from March 22 - April 12 (3 weeks)

<i></i>

[center][/center] [center][/center]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've decided to go ahead and open up the voting tomorrow on the March 22 and leave it open until April 12. Remember, If you are found using more than 1 account to vote, your vote will not be counted and further action may be taken. Any post that is not a vote will be ignored and deleted. This is to ensure we have an easier time tallying up all of the votes. Good luck. :y:

[center][/center] [center][/center]

I vote for Shadow Tag to be banned. I've experienced gothitelle first hand and a politoed used perish song and switched to the shadow tag gothitelle making me unable to do anything. I think this would be better if it was banned.

Proof that i can vote:

5tQezOg.png

WDljWdv.png

(Top 10 on the blue server ladder atm)

Best regards~~

Kibitz of the Blue Server

cqjN0su.gif

Kibitz the Whale

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/Kibitz

My Twitch Channel : Twitch.tv/xkibitz

XfRMr90.gif

I believe Shadow Tag should not be banned because Gothitelle is only good against stall-oriented teams and is rendered useless against offensive teams. Why there are many people that want it to be banned is because of the PRO rank are full with stall team, this is quite sick tho,especially when stall team vs stall team will consume hours to finish a battle, I believe the exist of Goth can be balance up this situation,people might want to increase some offensive pokemon to counter Goth instead of having full stall team.

giphy.gif

[glow=red]Here's NicoChan :3[/glow]

DONT BAN- my vote :kiss:

Easy to kill using the right pokemon

• Gothitelle is only good against stall-oriented teams and is rendered useless against offensive teams

that is true actually it is totally useless if u r running offensive team .

So i think if ur team is regen brother (bro & tang) with blissey u will definitely want h.a goth to be banned.

Im running a stall but not those common tanks(regen bros) in pvp but i never find h.a goth as a threat on my team,

so it depends on a player on how he use his team.

77e3d102e0264ea0b59f910e502993f2.png

097fd0b7088043dcb90e76d8b705bb5c.png

Keep Calm and Catch 'em All!

beep boop beep boop

Vote-DO NOT BAN

I've personally have never used goth in a pvp match. I do play a offensive style, and feel goth brings balance to the game,without it I feel we would potentially revert back to a much more prominent stall meta, which I consider boring,requiring less vital decision making and is frustrating to play against. At the current moment I do not feel goth is anywhere close to being overpowered. If its presence deters other users from spamming stall/klefki im for it. If more items/tms were coded my vote most likely would be different.

6d5766cb9bfd0d9ae1f38a4cf422f149.png

2775e5448d8d5fa043db5286f48d541c.png

• With the lack of team preview, it is difficult to know whether your opponent has a Gothitelle so you are not given a chance to play around it.

I WANT SHADOW TAG BANNED - duo to this first line, you have no way to counter this. Its like you did a mistake even so you didt xD

sure you can revenge kill it and win np, but for the not that experienced players - one free kill of your comp can be devastating for the whole batle.

and it also takes so much time zzzzz

D7RJjSJ.png

Even tho i think that shadow tag itself isnt the problem i have to vote for a ban because in the current state gothitelle is just to powerful and we dont have other options to vote for because it would be to confusing for us (that's what the staff told me)

Beeing the best trapper, the best pp-staller (u can stall up to 80 turns with only rest and calm mind that's even worse than stall) and the most reliable calm mind setter with only one moveset is to much. And one day trick+choice items are coded and it gets even worse. And we had to wait almost a year before this vote started.

I dont mind trapping because if switching out is all the counterplay u need the game would be boring and stall would always win. But the combination of trapping and setting up, which is great against most spinner (starmie, tenta, blastoise), special attacker without a boosting move (magnezone, venusaur, roserade, politoad) and most walls, is to strong. The setting up also enables gothitelle to use a chesto berry because it can pp-stall even dual stab pokemon resulting in not beeing revenge killed by knock off. The strongest dark-type pokemon ada+life orb bisharp deals 79.3 - 93.6% with sucker punch (=boosted pursuit which isnt even working atm) against a bold gothitelle. so there is no easy revenge killing as some persons claim.

In summery gothitelle is not only good against stall in the current state as ome players claim. Way more pokemon are pressured and forced to use inefficient movesets to prevent gothitelle from getting to +6 for free. Against all other setup sweeper u can switch in a counter, a haze user and one day hopefully unaware pokemon.

Imo it would be enough and the best solution to ban calm mind/setup moves in combination with shadow tag. Goth would still be able to challenge stall because of taunt+toxic but would never be able to sweep complete teams or to pp-stall anything besides seismic toss blissey or pokemon with 4 status moves. And to keep the meta shifting and interesting we need more options not less. Also the ban in smogon resulted in gothitelle being playable in ubers. in PRO it will be gone (which makes the copy-pasterinoing the process from smogon even more ridiculous)

ajmerggx.png