Shadow Tag Voting

Palpatine

51ed396b51474a5e889ac74d1d9931db.png

I vote ban for shadow tag ability.

When your opponent is using gothitele, even if u have a revenge killer for it, they tend to have a support for gothitele to prevent it dies.( supports eg. conkeldurr, poliwarth etc..)

When your sand team vs ur opponent's sand team, Gothitelle can kill your tangorwth with signal beam and your opponent's excadrill will easily sweep your entire team .

Additionally, gothitelle can set up calm mind and win in pp war against stall pokemons like blissey..

We have no choice when our pokes are trapped except disconnecting.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote to NOT BAN Shadow Tag ability in ranked play.

It is a fantastic counter to stall teams which is used widely in PRO. It can only stack up on a limited amount of pokemon. It is also a fantastic counter to rain team openers with Politoed and specially defensive tanks like Blissey. It doesn't fair well with the Uber common sand team a chunk of the PvP players use anyways. Sure you're almost guaranteed to lose one pokemon while she is out there but that one pokemon shouldn't completely crumble a balanced team.

Pokemon PRO Revolution Ranking https://imgur.com/gallery/sSnVo

(Sorry for having to use imgur, but this photo was too massive for the forums #mobile limitations)

gothi.jpg

I am AFTER the ban of this ability.

Not always in your team u have a pokemon which can easly kill it ( it is bold usually -> +def ) and with 6 calm minds nothing with spatk can kill it. This means u need to construct a team keeping in mind that u need at least one pokemon that can kill it. Unfortunately even if u have that pokemon you can lose it before gothi appears which means bye, bye team and bye, bye rank points just by a simple switch into gothitelle. There is a reason why on Pokemon Showdown it is in Ubers. For me this strategy is just to easy to get points with the minority of using brain to actually get higher. All you need is to reserve one slot for gothitelle and wait for the oportunity to set up having a sure 1 kill. And even if there is a revenge killer then a player ( the one that uses brain a bit more ) will just switch out to a counter poke and keep gothitelle to set it up on another poke if needed or just preserve it as a suicide switch which still gives you momentum in pvp+at least 1 killed pokemon. So I don't understand why it even is allowed in competitive PvP.

Obsession about mindless possession.

BAN GOTH PLOX

Gothitelle isn't a poke that's hard to beat tbh (since i'm using 2 dark pokemons in the same team that can easily revenge kill it). The thing is the amount of time it takes to stack up calm minds and rest It's really annoying, especially vs Clefable with moonblast which causes SPATK drops.

e66cd0b40e86b99e336579dcf6d57d40.png

You are not killing time, it's time killing you.

My vote is: Ban shadow tag.

-some guys use gothi to time stall, i personally had experimented this situation over 5 times and it's pretty annoying.

- it destroy any kind of strategy and every competitive aspect of the game.

-is very hard to defeat because gothi is always protected with other pokes.

3bf112da995d412ea3f27e300d779048.png

Bfz1BCC.jpg

Ban Shadow Tag I vote.

Be viable Stall should.

Right now in Red, seen any good stall team I haven't.

Bring stall back we should.

Edit: Have common sense, ppl who voted "not ban" simply don't.

Gy7V5xS.png

Special thanks for Kyuuta for making this awesome sign.

https://gyazo.com/1317adfed699a84e8288e0e679976b6d

I vote to BAN shadow tag.

Without team preview we cannot tell if the opponent has a gothitelle or not so it basically allows ur opponent to get 1 free skill-less kill on one of your pokes. Also, I think that revenge killing is a poor argument because the gothi can easily switch out until it sees another opporunity to setup on your team. If we had team preview we would be able to predict a gothi switch and make plays to counter it.