Shadow Tag Voting

Palpatine

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are good points in both side imo.

At the same degree, There is also some off-subject argus and personal feeling implied in some statement, which bother me, such as :

1/ " The amount of time it takes for a Gothitelle to set up Calm Minds on each Pokemon is very long which makes battles dull and time-consuming. "

Dont play pokemon if you always want a 10mins game , or always the same rythme, stall team is a lot about predict, and 50/50 are rly important there, that's what some players dislike , its another way to play a match.

Also its not wasting so much time , if the players arent being idiot, they wont spend 30 secs by round while gothitelle calm mind and klefki suicid with spikes/twave etc. Of course if you're against the slowest guy possible on your server ( hello sambenny26 ) this will be a pain.

Other games such as counterstrike are about camping, its a part of the game, sc2 or war3 (for the olders from you) are also a lot about lame strategy and not ONLY skill , the game can lenght 1h30 with lame when it should be 20mins if its a classic game ~ , and I've a scoop for you, thoses are usually the most epic games in term of snowball and epicness ( including epic fails x) )

So why would pokemon be an exeption ?

I'm all IN for skill, at the point that its for me the most important stuff in a game, and Unlike some people here i'm objective and for the good of a game we need to have differents approach, and different way to win or it risk to be to redundant.

2/ "Many players have invested many hours and a considerable amount of in-game currency to obtain viable Shadow Tag Pokemon."

This one is the biggest joke and off-topic reason read here, and I almost want to vote for BAN just to piss off the people who used that argu. Sry in advance for being rude but i've to, who actually care of the time invest when the matter belong to the PvP ? Its being plenty egoist from the ones who even use that as a viable argu, it's to much personnal and subjective .

Secondly this doesnt serve the PvP purpose in any kind of way . Do not confuse your personal experience and feelings with the PVP meta / purpose / improvement .

Quickly why did I pointed out thoses 2 points ? What ever the decision the admins will take after the vote time , I rly hope they'll not take into consideration this kind of points we can find in some people statement ( yeah I just gave an example )Thoses are for me not receivable for the reasons I stated , and for this reason they shouldnt be added in the balance before to decide the next.

I vote for : BAN

I'm not very fan on baning something in a game , but since this game aint properly coded, nore contain every items/abi etc so no doubt there is/will(be) OP combo/pokes for a period of time in PRO life , and untill everything is coded/fixed/added , i believe there are some stuff to be done with the balancing by ourself. so today its gothithelle shadow tag, tomorrow it will be something else.

Also, since there are new abi/item coded every month ~ , maybe gothitelle if it is banned, wont even stay banned for long , so chill guys.

For anyone a minimum objective, its really hard to vote and be sure of the choice, since as I said earlier there are good points in both sides.

The reason why I go for the ban , is because unfornately the best way to counter/revenge kill gothitelle arent coded, aka : Pursuit and Team viewable before the matches.

If we add thoses two stuffs to the strenght of a +6 calm mind / rest, it just become way more complicated and its impossible to revenge kill it unless if the gothitelle user doesnt switch ( and that's his mistake for being to greedy due to being to confident with +6 calm mind) .

ce9327b4bf764fd34e78d1cc2675f3d7.png

PCznf1X.png?1

7YF4im4.png

47pi7M9.png

To stay, I do not vote in the same way that we spend days hunting the Pokemon, it is not fair to ban because the only ones who complain are the walleros who use the same always Slowbro Blissey Tangrowth Poliwrath There are only two pokemon with that ability

ACpTf6i.png

4663f5171313f202bbdae84f2450d835.png

I vote for shadow tag to be banned because of how broken goth is. Many people say that it only counters stall but actually it also destroys almost every weather team as it can trap bold politoed in rain, defensive tyranitar in sand and ninetales in sand. Also, the lack of unaware and choice items make it really hard to counter as if you don't have a physical dark poke to try and revenge kill it you're doomed. And even if you have one your opponent can just switch out and wear it down until it can no longer check it then try to set up again with gothitelle and basically sweep the rest of your team.

Freddie_forum_size.png

463be59e12ca4e2a88db1d29a307bd8f.png 50838dfeeef041b3a18b0d8dd61463e4.png

In my opinion, Gothitelle give restrictive teambuilduing more than he give benefits for the game (against stall). Even if gothitelle is dont played a lot, encounter an gothitelle 1match each 20 ruin experience of pvp. Need to put move like Uturn, Voltswitch, Taunt, Baton Pass, Roar, Acid spray,... just for dont be traped 10min on pokemon dont even stall oriented.

Gothitelle its not only useful against stall. Loose an defensive poke in balanced team ruin the strategy of that kind of team. Also gothitelle still trap some offensive poke like starmie (even with life orb), eeleektross, goodra... Easy to revenge kill with Bisharp,Weavile and Crawdaunt i understand that but build team with this poke just for gothitelle is another restriction.

Indeed Gothitelle is an answer for the stall and the game lack item for heavy hitter, some move and abi like sheer force. But you still have in pro some option dont used a lot= Stallbreaker (Taunt+statut, Booster like gliscor careful), Pokemon with high attack or/and booster ( Sword dance,...), Mixed Attacker (Probably the best and almost never used in pro).

Then for klefki i understand the point lack of defog or even infiltrator. Roar, Whirlwind, Brick break can be used against screen team instead of gothitelle. Magnezone is also here and act like an nerf only for steel type. And its sure i miss or i dunno some wallbreak and antiscreen option.

That's my point. I vote Ban

480786trainercard.png

Sure yes gothi isnt invincible, but i vote for shadow tag to be banned, because time to set up calm minds etc take too much time, when u have klefki or blissey against it u just can do nothing, any attempts to kill it will just make the fight much more longer, a little satut and u will have to wait 3 turns for gothi rest, its frustrating, this poké just kills the fun, and requires no skill to play it

Those who say its for beating blissey can use much faster responses to him, u just need a strong sweeper with fight move, instead of wasting lot of time, it takes 15minutes to full calm mind gothi in front of my blissey , then i can kill gothi fast, but if he switch, he can start again when he see another opportunity and then u can go for another 15 min depending on which poké u still have

So, easy kills without much skill, and long time stalling, only gothi users can vote no for this ban, only bad thing is the time they took for farming it, a good shadow tag one is really hard to find

WYe7ZWv.png

I believe Shadow Tag SHOULD BE BANNED, because it's a broken ability, that can be used and abused to worn out teams that have little or no direct counter to Gothitelle. I already found myself against one and it was annoying to say the least. I won't add more reasons because some of the players have already said it all like Tymerod did, so I make his words mine.