simplest way to nerf Gothitelle and keep it up in ranked battles

Luohan

Just fix pursuit!

We would be able to trap only one poke by Gothi, then if opponent team is balanced enought u trap Gothi by pursuit. It ll make much more ways of battles, nerfing also Starmie etc.

1 move fixed - new meta done.

discord: luohan#1745

sry to disappoint u but pursuit working will change nothing because pursuit wont OHKO a bold gothitelle even if the gothitelle wants to switch out while gothitelle will OHKO every dark type with signal beam at +6. I dont understand why so many players make a claim without any evidence to support their claim (trump is calling)

am6rxxme.png

To clear things up. Pursuit is a tool to revenge kill weakend bulky psychic types or offensive psychic types (starmie, espeon, alakazam). But to do so u need to be faster than your opponent (choice scarf TTar or Weavile against offensive ones) else u risk getting hit by a signal beam, focus blast, dazzling gleam or other strong stab move threatening u with the OHKO. Also keep in mind that pursuit is way better for smogon than for pro because we lack psychic types like latias, latios, azelf and pokemons with 600 base stats (mew, jirachi, celebi) are uncommon because 50% of them are synch fails and those having the right nature may have low iv's and others like alakazam or espeon are hard to obtain because they are h.a. and/or lack coverage moves (like focus blast).

And a point even i havent touched till now is that with sinnoh (gen 4) we should get access to stuff like colbur berries which will kill every attempt to revenge kill it with a stab boosted dark type move.

As long as gothitelle can set up to +6 for free it threatens every dark type switch in with a OHKO while only a boosted knock off (130 BP) ensures the OHKO on Gothitelle. Atm the OHKO from knock off can be prevented with a chesto berry letting it still end up at 100% HP because it can stall up to 80 pp from the enemy with calm mind and rest.

doesn't need a nerf

says the player getting into top 25 (i believe for the first time) using gothitelle :Crazy:

366188 sry to disappoint u but pursuit working will change nothing because pursuit wont OHKO a bold gothitelle even if the gothitelle wants to switch out while gothitelle will OHKO every dark type with signal beam at +6. I dont understand why so many players make a claim without any evidence to support their claim (trump is calling)

am6rxxme.png

To clear things up. Pursuit is a tool to revenge kill weakend bulky psychic types or offensive psychic types (starmie, espeon, alakazam). But to do so u need to be faster than your opponent (choice scarf TTar or Weavile against offensive ones) else u risk getting hit by a signal beam, focus blast, dazzling gleam or other strong stab move threatening u with the OHKO. Also keep in mind that pursuit is way better for smogon than for pro because we lack psychic types like latias, latios, azelf and pokemons with 600 base stats (mew, jirachi, celebi) are uncommon because 50% of them are synch fails and those having the right nature may have low iv's and others like alakazam or espeon are hard to obtain because they are h.a. and/or lack coverage moves (like focus blast).

And a point even i havent touched till now is that with sinnoh (gen 4) we should get access to stuff like colbur berries which will kill every attempt to revenge kill it with a stab boosted dark type move.

As long as gothitelle can set up to +6 for free it threatens every dark type switch in with a OHKO while only a boosted knock off (130 BP) ensures the OHKO on Gothitelle. Atm the OHKO from knock off can be prevented with a chesto berry letting it still end up at 100% HP because it can stall up to 80 pp from the enemy with calm mind and rest.

doesn't need a nerf

says the player getting into top 25 (i believe for the first time) using gothitelle :Crazy:

Bruh he uses goth occasionally and he was on ladder the first or 2nd season aswell :P

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

Stop using walls/stall and dont cry :p

Already the voting post of the ban shadow tag is a joke because to ban shadow tag they need ban blissey, gale wings (talonflame), regenator (alomomola, slowbro, trangrowth) and how will not happen the ban of what i mentioned, i'll say again the vote to ban shadow tag is a joke!!

366326 Stop using walls/stall and dont cry :p

Already the voting post of the ban shadow tag is a joke because to ban shadow tag they need ban blissey, gale wings (talonflame), regenator (alomomola, slowbro, trangrowth) and how will not happen the ban of what i mentioned, i'll say again the vote to ban shadow tag is a joke!!

Gothitelle trapped and setup on my Infernape after i used Overheat. Last time i checked, Overheat Infernape wasn't a wall.

Stall and walls are part of the game. It might be stronger in PRO but it is a strategy people can use , it still has its counters. Using something that ''breaks'' the game to win vs stall doesn't sound right (at least to me).

Anyways out of topic probably since ''it's not a way to nerf gothitele'' but i read so many times you can revenge kill goth- you can kill it with knock off-if pursuit was coded we could kill it.. This doesn't change the fact that you'll have to say goodbye to at least 1 of your pokemon before.

Saying gothitele has counters.. every pokemon has counters lol you can switch.. shadow tag doesn't let you ''use'' your counters though till the pokemon gothi switches into dies. Having to trade one pokemon for gothi in the best scenario isn't exactly ''fair''.

Gothitelle trapped and setup on my Infernape after i used Overheat. Last time i checked, Overheat Infernape wasn't a wall.

if you use taunt with infernape maybe the gothitelle wasn't buffed with calm mind or restored hp with rest ;)