New client "PROLinuxRage" breaks Linux

Tested using Arch LInux, Kernel Version: 4.10.11-1

this is the messages I get when started from the CLI.

// location of executable and resources are located in /home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/

Set current directory to /home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution

Found path: /home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64_Data/Managed'

Mono path[1] = '/home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64_Data/Mono'

Mono config path = '/home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64_Data/Mono/etc'

Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'

Player data archive not found at `/home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

There is no "data.unity3d" and there has not been one in all of the previous Linux clients. I suspect that it was added in the windows/osx clients and then compiled without any testing done on Linux.

I can program and script if you all need help doing so for this game. I solely use Linux so having at least 1 person make sure this doesn't happen would be nice :)

What DE what you using? I just tested it on another computer using Ubuntu Gnome 16.04.1 and it still doesn't work. Although I did get additional dialog since it was the first time launching it from this computer.

Player data archive not found at `/home/user/Applications/PokemonRevolution/PROLinux64_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystemPlayerPrefs - Creating folder: /home/user/.config/unity3d/PROTeam

PlayerPrefs - Creating folder: /home/user/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution

So i guess this means it has nothing to do with data.unity3d but something else is going.

after removing this folder, I was able to get to this point on my Arch computer but it freezes at this point.

fitjW0E.png

Zrzut_ekranu_z_2017-05-01_01-18-35.png

LEFT = OLD works Fine

RIGHT = Crash and stay on Loading Screen

Zrzut_ekranu_z_2017-05-01_01-15-52.png

* this is fullscreen

This is exactly what happened to me. removing ~/.config/unity3d/ fixed the resolution but it only gets as far the screenshot I posted. What version of mint are you using? I'm assuming mint. The person who posted that it was working I think might not actually be using the newest client that just came out.

This is exactly what happened to me. removing ~/.config/unity3d/ fixed the resolution but it only gets as far the screenshot I posted. What version of mint are you using? I'm assuming mint. The person who posted that it was working I think might not actually be using the newest client that just came out.

Zrzut_ekranu_z_2017-05-01_01-40-15.png

Right now I'm playing Windows version via Wine

I found termopary solution if you like play in fullscreen mode.

Something is messed up with full screen settings.

Go to ~/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution

Open "prefs" file and change:

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>

to

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">0</pref>

Save file

Now lock permissions by opening Terminal in this folder and type "chmod 444 prefs" ofc without ""

You can change settings in game, but after restart it will not be saved, because game will change above setting and stuck again.

Best option is to copy "prefs" file for backup, change above setting, save file. Run game, type login and password, check remember box, change settings to what you prefer. Log in game, set items on bar and close game. Right now game will crash like before, but it will remember your settings so now make again above fix and change CHMOD. Now you have remembered settings and game will not crash.

@edit

When you first time launch game uncheck full screen mode. Now you don't need do this stuff with CHMOD.

Zrzut_ekranu_z_2017-05-01_02-58-59.png

I found termopary solution if you like play in fullscreen mode.

Something is messed up with full screen settings.

Go to ~/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution

Open "prefs" file and change:

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>

to

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">0</pref>

Save file

Now lock permissions by opening Terminal in this folder and type "chmod 444 prefs" ofc without ""

You can change settings in game, but after restart it will not be saved, because game will change above setting and stuck again.

Best option is to copy "prefs" file for backup, change above setting, save file. Run game, type login and password, check remember box, change settings to what you prefer. Log in game, set items on bar and close game. Right now game will crash like before, but it will remember your settings so now make again above fix and change CHMOD. Now you have remembered settings and game will not crash.

@edit

When you first time launch game uncheck full screen mode. Now you don't need do this stuff with CHMOD.

I can confirm that your solution does in fact work! Thank you. Hopefully with this information the dev can fix it so others don't have to do through this although I did send him a message about the "prefs" file and he just ignored and deleted it so I doubt caring is in the picture....

This is why I should always make a backup before deleting something lol. By the way, is there anything if your "prefs" file about loading up controller support? I've enabled the option for controllers but it wont load libudev.