Lets talk about our current progress in PRO 2.0

Surrender

Like in topic what about our progress when 2.0 come to live? I dont want to speak when it be or how many time we have left, im just asking about our progress. As i read before i know there will be two different games and the old one will be supported well. But truly for many players like me it will be no reason to stay in old one but still starting this grind from 0... It just scares me... You think about this or just start new one?

Blue Server

Just another normal guy who is a pokemon master for fun

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[mention]Surrender[/mention] It is a new game so you have to start from 0, also "PRO 2.0" isn't the real name, it's an entire new game so all your progress here means nothing over there then. Shane already said that he will give people who transfer over to the new game some sort of "bonus".

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

@Surrender It is a new game so you have to start from 0, also "PRO 2.0" isn't the real name, it's an entire new game so all your progress here means nothing over there then. Shane already said that he will give people who transfer over to the new game some sort of "bonus".

but still its not that hard to transfer all players data and i think some legacy server will be nice for players like me :Angel:

Blue Server

[mention]Surrender[/mention] as said, the game will be completely new, diffrent coding aswell. Progress will be reset, however PRO will stay alive as long as it pays off from the donations. There will be still moderators for PRO and also content. Shane doesn't work on any content in pro, he just implements them, the one behind the clothes etc are the art team, the ones behind the scripting also the scripting team. The one behind the maps for regions, mappers. Just because Shane makes a new game, doesn't mean pro will be dumped.

faggots_sig.png

@Surrender as said, the game will be completely new, diffrent coding aswell. Progress will be reset, however PRO will stay alive as long as it pays off from the donations. There will be still moderators for PRO and also content. Shane doesn't work on any content in pro, he just implements them, the one behind the clothes etc are the art team, the ones behind the scripting also the scripting team. The one behind the maps for regions, mappers. Just because Shane makes a new game, doesn't mean pro will be dumped.

I know all of this very well but still if new game will be better (and by better i mean just technical side) it force players to choose between they progress or better experience... Or suddenly pro "1.0" will over limit unity engine (i hope so).

also data is data so i dont know whats about coding, its not just like transfer old database to new architecture?

Blue Server

but still its not that hard to transfer all players data and i think some legacy server will be nice for players like me :Angel:

PRO currently has way too many Pokemon that shouldn't exist (botting) as well as currency. Transferring that over to the new game would be a bad decision. I know it sucks to have your progress lost, I have 2k hours myself, but it's the only viable way.

PRO currently has way too many Pokemon that shouldn't exist (botting) as well as currency. Transferring that over to the new game would be a bad decision. I know it sucks to have your progress lost, I have 2k hours myself, but it's the only viable way.

Agree.