Game does not start on Linux

Bertrand1090

Hey all,

Sorry if this topic is duplicated; I tried searching around but I haven't found anything about this. Since the last updates of the game I am not able to play it on my Linux machine.

Here is the ouput of the error:

Set current directory to /home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage

Found path: /home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage/PROLinux64.x86_64

Mono path[0] = '/home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage/PROLinux64_Data/Managed'

Mono path[1] = '/home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage/PROLinux64_Data/Mono'

Mono config path = '/home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage/PROLinux64_Data/Mono/etc'

Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'

Player data archive not found at `/home/xxx/Downloads/PROLinuxRage/PROLinux64_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem

Then it stops and the application is stuck.

Could you look into this? As far as I know that only happens for Linux machines.

-snip-

Hey bertrand1090.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this inconvenience. Some players who use Linux were able to find a temporary solution on this post.

Something is messed up with full screen settings.

Go to ~/.config/unity3d/PROTeam/Pokemon Revolution

Open "prefs" file and change:

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>

to

<pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">0</pref>

Save file

Now lock permissions by opening Terminal in this folder and type "chmod 444 prefs" ofc without ""

You can change settings in game, but after restart it will not be saved, because game will change above setting and stuck again.

Best option is to copy "prefs" file for backup, change above setting, save file. Run game, type login and password, check remember box, change settings to what you prefer. Log in game, set items on bar and close game. Right now game will crash like before, but it will remember your settings so now make again above fix and change CHMOD. Now you have remembered settings and game will not crash.

-edit

When you first time launch game uncheck full screen mode. Now you don't need do this stuff with CHMOD

Please try it out and feel free to reply if you need any additional assistance or if it works for you. :)

Until we meet again.

-snip-

Hey bertrand 1090!

I am glad to see that the issue is solved! I will now be locking the thread. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

[glow=green]-Locked as Solved-[/glow]

Until we meet again.