my first team

Shackbest

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you could try a calm togekiss with twave air slash roost heal bell

i give a shot with togekiss, for evs and ability what i should looking for?

gl with ur team buddy ^^

thanks^^

calm serene grace 252hp 252 spdef since you're looking for a mon with some special bulk

Freddie_forum_size.png

That was the main reason I recommended Careful Gliscor, as it can either use Knock Off or roost off Gengar's Sludge Wave/Shadow Ball while the latter takes Life Orb recoil damage and wears himself down. I don't know how AV Conkeldurr (carrying Knock Off) fairs against Gengar, though.

Indoor-Fishh.png

Some personal opinions :

Tyranitar : i don't really like the idea of using sassy since you have 4 attacking moves on it (AV is much much better , period !) , it should be relaxed , or adamant . By the way i've calculated the damage , unless you build full spatk tyranitar , otherwise it's not worth it because his atk is much much better .

Starmie : Don't use lum on starmie , he got natural cure , it's a waste to give him a lum berry , if it's your main special sweeper , give it life orb .

Excadrill : I can see that you fear of getting stted , but once again this thing is a combo with tyranitar to deal as much damage as possible in the sand , so life orb is prefered . And the only status that can really annoy you is Burn , and in the sand , there's litterally nothing faster than you , accept prankster like sableye . Last thing , i see that you don't want to have his powerful STAB iron head ......

Metagross: I have never used this before so i can't tell , but as i see your team , you should make this guy a steath rock setter , so that you can guarantee to KO something that not resist excadrill STABs . Don't really need earthquake on him tho .

Gliscor : You use lefty on him , so no Acrobatics , get rid of that . This is also a waste on gliscor , because he's fast , he can taunt to stop most hazard setters , accept pranksters . No reason to give him sword dance since you already have 4 attackers , 1 powerful special sweeper and 1 deadly combo , 1 bulky sweeper . I'd say give this thing Roost , taunt , Eq , Knock Off .

Venusaur : Nothing to say about this , but i don't think he's a good choice . Roserade is faster and has access to toxic spikes , Aromatherapy ( which can solve your fear of status ) , Higher spdef , higher spatk . But 1 minus point that it doesn't have leech seed . And i think personally , if this is me , i'll use Leech seed , Synthesis , Sludge bomb , Sleep powder , synthesis for a reliable healing (since this is a tank) , sludge bomb is there for faires (Since you have 0 super effective move for faries) , leech seed for being annoying , sleep powder to put something to sleep and it's always good to put something into sleep .

Conclusion :

Terrible weakness to ground , choice scarf garchomp will sweep this team once gliscor is out (which is very common) . No hazard setter (which is bad because hazard is important) .

No spinner/defogger (which is bad too because they can set up a bunch of hazards on you) .

No scarfer (once tyranitar is dead , and they have a talonflame / scarf gengar / life orb weavile / things like these. You'll get swept) .

No life orb , choice band (No guarantee kills unless it's super effective x4 ) .

Kinda talon-weakness team (once tyranitar is out , you're in trouble ), very weak too azumarill , the only thing that want to take a hit from azumarill is venusaur . There are many more but i don't have time to point them out ...

These a MY BASIC OPINIONS on your team . Feel free to share your thoughts back .

In case you don't know (There're 2 useful tools i usually use ) :

Team builder (To check weakness , STABs moves of your team)

https://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/

Type Coverage Checker (To check your moveset coverage and pick your moves wisely)

https://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage

Good luck !

accelgor.gif aegislash.gif blaziken-mega.gif charizard-megax.gif crawdaunt.giflucario-mega.gif

hi my team is little changed, i have replace venusaur and metagross

since for egg moves i can't unlock yet and life orb, scarf i can't afford atm

i can put stealth rock on careful gliscor wich i should find and rapid spinner excadrill to attenue this aspect

i should drop sp atk evs on tyranitar rise sp def and use assault vest insted? in that way can take hit from fb of gengar

1vGFhDO.png

TG89Eao.png

hi my team is little changed, i have replace venusaur and metagross

since for egg moves i can't unlock yet and life orb, scarf i can't afford atm

i can put stealth rock on careful gliscor wich i should find and rapid spinner excadrill to attenue this aspect

i should drop sp atk evs on tyranitar rise sp def and use assault vest insted? in that way can take hit from fb of gengar

1vGFhDO.png

TG89Eao.png

With sassy nature , 252 HP and 252 Spdef yes , you can live a focus blast from gengar with max spatk . But not if he crit you

accelgor.gif aegislash.gif blaziken-mega.gif charizard-megax.gif crawdaunt.giflucario-mega.gif

can i use this how special tank? U6wQJJm.png

goodra is better with a modest nature and sap sipper ability, also it shouldn't be your first option to tank special attacks because of its lack of recovery and how easy it is to wear it down

Freddie_forum_size.png