DOTA2 or LOL?

Carlito2

1 member has voted

1. 1.

[highlight=yellow]DOTA is original :)[/highlight]

LOL DotA2 is original?

The DotA2 owners SAY they're the original DotA creators, just as the LoL creators do.

But, the fact that LoL came about 2~3 years before DotA2 means that the originality of a sole-engine moba game was originally Riot Games' idea.

The only 'more similar' thing that DotA2 has to do with DotA (over LoL, and expect the name) is the imbalance, that whoever reaches lv6 first wins.

ahahaha lol u made me laugh so hard. who ever reaches lvl 6 first wins? xD

priceless :*) to start off, its a team game, how does one hero reaching lvl 6 "win"? contrary to what u might believe dota 2 is pretty balanced, heroes that do have a distinct advantage earlier on in the game (that is, heroes that do reach lvl 6 and pose an immediate tnhreat as a result), are't so threat full later on in the game. I played both LoL and dota 2 and my personal preference in dota 2 (more challenging). To each he's own though.

dota's not so simple that it's just a matter of whoever reaches six first >.>

power levels also perform a role in this scenario

for example our PL safelane reaches 6 by 7 mins and has treads aquila and blade of alacrity already bcoz we left him solo vs a tidehunter. tidehunter's lv6 was delayed since he couldnt contest spirit lance spam so he got his lv6 at 8 mins. PL reached his 6 first (w/c makes him duplicate via right clicks) but he still couldnt make an impact bcoz he needs 2 or more cores items (namely diffusal) so he just continued to farm jungle but as soon as tide got his ult (massive aoe stun) he rotated mid to save his TA from a smoke gank and had a turnover and managed to net TA a double kill

this is what i meant by power level. u just dont look at whoever reaches six first. u also think about item dependency, skill set, net worth, situation, etc.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL DotA2 is original?

The DotA2 owners SAY they're the original DotA creators, just as the LoL creators do.

But, the fact that LoL came about 2~3 years before DotA2 means that the originality of a sole-engine moba game was originally Riot Games' idea.

The only 'more similar' thing that DotA2 has to do with DotA (over LoL, and expect the name) is the imbalance, that whoever reaches lv6 first wins.

ahahaha lol u made me laugh so hard. who ever reaches lvl 6 first wins? xD

priceless :*) to start off, its a team game, how does one hero reaching lvl 6 "win"? contrary to what u might believe dota 2 is pretty balanced, heroes that do have a distinct advantage earlier on in the game (that is, heroes that do reach lvl 6 and pose an immediate tnhreat as a result), are't so threat full later on in the game. I played both LoL and dota 2 and my personal preference in dota 2 (more challenging). To each he's own though.

dota's not so simple that it's just a matter of whoever reaches six first >.>

power levels also perform a role in this scenario

for example our PL safelane reaches 6 by 7 mins and has treads aquila and blade of alacrity already bcoz we left him solo vs a tidehunter. tidehunter's lv6 was delayed since he couldnt contest spirit lance spam so he got his lv6 at 8 mins. PL reached his 6 first (w/c makes him duplicate via right clicks) but he still couldnt make an impact bcoz he needs 2 or more cores items (namely diffusal) so he just continued to farm jungle but as soon as tide got his ult (massive aoe stun) he rotated mid to save his TA from a smoke gank and had a turnover and managed to net TA a double kill

this is what i meant by power level. u just dont look at whoever reaches six first. u also think about item dependency, skill set, net worth, situation, etc.

The very fact that u run a pl (farm intensive hero solo), solo vs tidehunter of all heroes proves that u dont play dota all that much. Tide easily wins this lane, with his passive and anchor smash combined with a magic stick or wand he easily beats pl in the lane. Pl can only spam spirit lance so many times before he runs out of mana (even with ring of aquila) even if its a soul ring pl, the dmg from soul ring combined with anchor smash spam from tide (which it can spam, and will spam, not only reducing pl's dmg but also dmging him, and it WILL hit him because he has to get last hits to farm.)

I do agree though here u do see that the opponent team sent tide solo, which it often does, to try and obtain that lvl 6 ulti as soon as possible. But the enemy teams knows this too, and as soon as they know tide has hit lvl 6 they will play with the possiblity of tide tp'ing in with ravage on their minds. This is exactly why i like dota over lol, because of the scenarios like this that it creates. Besides, most team fight changing ulti's come at cost, extremely long cool down times, so even if he does reach lvl 6 fast, after that first big ult you have to wait a fair amount of time for the next one.

mLcUOgl - Imgur.png

• 2 weeks later...

I started playing League of Legends first before all of the other fancy MOBA games out there. Afterwards I tried DOTA 2 for a bit but it did not really appeal to me as much as LoL does. Heroes of the Storm is neat, but it doesn't have the diversity and customization of items and whatnot that I enjoy in DOTA 2 and LoL. There is toxicity in LoL, which seems to be the thing everyone jumps to when talking about this game, but that's in pretty much any other online game community you'll find. That's why there's a mute/report function. I've been playing since season 1 of LoL, and have encountered my fair share of trolls/not pleasant people, but for the most part it isn't as bad as some may think.

so there's my $0.02

• 1 month later...