[PVP] Forfeit button

Adam

I agree with the forfeit button. For those against:

- It's not about encourage forfeititing, it's about giving a chance to forfeit;

- You don't need to beat down 6 pokemon to feel like a champion - for god sake - just accept your opponent's loss/surrender/forfeit;

- The forfeit button would have a confirmation message to avoid missclicks;

I disagree majorly; if you get sweeped take it like a real trainer and the match is over within a few minutes.

- And how is accepting defeat and clicking forfeit not "taking it like a real trainer" ? You'll save both players the minutes you talked about, that instead of used to move forward to another match, they're wasted on a losing fight.

So the only really decent argument against the button would be the boosting issue. Because if staff do their job in investigating strange cases as forfeiting 3 times in a row vs the same guy, the button's clean. But if investigating match history is hard for a staff to do, then I understand the skepticism on the forfeit button. Avoiding features that in general help the playerbase, because some like to play dirty, is kinda dumb tho in my honest opinion.

EDIT: If it was programmed to not allow 2 forfeits in less than 10 minutes, then the button wouldn't encourage more boosting than what may already be happening at the moment. Just requires more coding.

I fully agree with you and would like to go further: I even think there is no downside to it, you talked about elo boosting by surrendering but the thing is, every time you win a match against the same person, you are less and less likely to be matched against him next time, because your rank is getting higher and the booster's rank is getting lower. So this strategy cannot be used more than 2-3 times which is ok because if you got too high doing this you will get down quickly by loosing to trainers stronger than you.

So yes, if we sum up what everybody said there's no real downside, making a surrender option can only bring good to the pvp aspect of this game.

after all there's a reason why nearly all pvp games have this option...

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruh, you're entitled to your opinion, the thing is - Your opinion is based on a personal feeling preference. What about those who dislike getting 6-0'ed and rather click the forfeit button ? What about their feelings ?

This is suppose to be a practical functionality for pvpers to not waste their time on losing fights, I couldn't care less about either side's feelings, winners or losers.

Ofcourse my opinion is based on a personal preference. That's the same with yours and everyones opinion. But not everyone sees this as a practical funcionality.

I lose more battles than I win but I still don't like this idea. People will forfeit almost always when they are down to one pokemon and the opposing team has 2 or more left, which is the case in 90% of pvp matches. It's not fun for the opposing team.

The only time I would agree to be able to forfeit is when you lost easily against someone and have to play them again the next match.

You just can't deny it's not a practical functionality, both players save time even if you may find it less fun.

Additionally denying a surrender button would mean that to let the winner "have fun" you are forcing the looser (that doesn't want to play the match anymore) to stay and endure a useless match because its purpose is not to decide who is the best player anymore it is just a one sided swipe that the winner can enjoy, quite barbaric.

Finally you're admitting yourself that some times you would appreciate to surrender when "you lost easily against someone and have to play them again the next match.", which means you understand what it means to not stand a chance and the use of the surrender option.

[glow=black]A limitless gratitude[/glow]