Starter Pokemon

Guest Tawhakii

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to support this suggestion because for me, the starter pokemon have its emotional values and I never ever sold my starter, I have played 5 handheld game but I never sold my starter in any one of them, So it really feels bad when I get a bad iv starter.

That's only my point of view.

SweetieSerena.gif

[glow=green]

Made by Somes, Killua, mixunli and CarlosAST

<i>[/glow]</i>

Guest notblackjack
well i wouldn't support cuz all will be having even pokemons then what about an epic starter?

it seems me like a decent iv > 18-20.. Also, i know starters can be caught in wild at some specific locations but wheres the guarantee that those starters caught will be epic or uber? they are HR in those locations and after catching they might be useless/decent IV's aswell.

So, it's better if we stick to the original handheld games starter random ivs someone might get epics,ubers and decents.

What he said :xiagree:

Starter Pokemon:

Originally I was all for this idea until I started thinking more about it.

For Starter Pokemon to hold any economical value in this game (assuming you make them identical), you have to make sure that the ones that everyone starts with are BELOW average. I suggest 15s across the board in all stats, and all of the Starter Pokemon have neutral Natures (variety would be nice, but it has to be neutral). We don't want to make all the IVs the same for everyone only to let a good/bad nature make them different.

The problem I see with this idea in general is that it makes your initial choice very easy. Why would anyone choose Charmander? You can beat Brock and Misty with Charmander, but why would you want to waste the time to train an average/below average Pokemon? Bulbasaur would become the overwhelming favorite because it allows you to advance in the game more quickly than the other choices. As many of you have pointed out, all of the Starter Pokemon are available in the wild. The handheld games make your choice important because you don't have the opportunity to catch the other two naturally.

I'm all for creating a level playing field. I love that this would reduce the amount of players who would create multiple accounts until they found a great Starter. However, I don't think that this is a healthy idea for PRO.

IV-Randomizer:

I really, really, don't like this idea. Pokemon is a very simple game comprised of one primary aspect and a handful of secondary aspects. Hunting, finding and catching Pokemon, is the bread and butter of Pokemon. After you catch a Pokemon, you can train it, trade it, battle it, or stick it in a box forever, but it all begins by finding and catching it. Allowing players to randomize the IVs of their Pokemon gives them another chance at obtaining what they want by bypassing the primary aspect of the game. You can sugarcoat it however you like, but the sole purpose of an IV-Randomizer is to make the game easier--not to mention that it doesn't make any sense.

No thanks.

I agree on both points - very good arguments.

No equal starters and no iv randomizer please

buddha333.gif

"One is not called noble who harms living beings. By not harming living beings one is called noble."

Signatures made by

Annazhee (Jungle Buddha sig) and Chappy (Abra Buddha Sig) <3

I prefer random IVs like in normal pokemon games.

if they have good ivs, its easy, if bad, game becomes a bit challanging, and challange is never bad ;)

and some said that you can catch starters in the wild,so you can just farm for 1.

its an MMO afterall.