How to get good IV mons & enjoy this game overall?

Mic921

So it has been a while since I took a break from PRO. While I sincerely compliment the work of programmers on the idea of triregional (currently) game with significantly advanced difficulty, I could not be confidential about my frustration of grinding and trainer battle system.

Grinding is just necessary in any series of pokemon games, and I accept it. It is truly understandable that we need 510 EV’s to make a ‘mon perfect. But this is where the problem with IV steps in. While I can barely catch any wild ‘mon with any stats above 28, in trade chat every third of fourth ‘mon I see at least four 31 IV’s in the most ideal stats (Most notably Rough Skin Garchomp with 31 1V on everything except Sp.Atk while Gible / Gabite can only be found in Moon iirc). The reason why I have decided to take a break from this game is because I attempted to hunt Modest HP Fire Magnemite, only to waste 60k money that I earned from Johto / Hoenn playthrough. And I have wasted 2 weeks in Meteor falls just to find a Bagon, which never appeared while the online fellow who arrived Meteor Falls at the same time at the same location found one under 10 minutes.

Also 70+% of the viable pokemon are either super rare or membership only. After 8 months from the start, I only have Mamoswine, Weavile, and Gengar, with none of them ever having above 29 IV in any of their Atk / Sp.Atk / Speed.

I want to clarify if membership users have better RNG to get wild ‘mons with better IV’s, or if it is just me who are unlucky. I could bare with Impish Cyndaquil with 2 Sp.Atk IV’s in Johto but I can’t really bare with this wild ‘mons IV stats, because nature can be somewhat adjusted using Synchronize lead while EV training is significantly less difficult with Macho Brace. For now, current grinding is just completely pointless without at least getting wild ‘mons with reasonable IV’s. PvP apparently makes 30 Speed IV + Jolly nature Garchomp useless because of those with 31 IV’s.

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, I actually like this game. A lot. I just want some tips on making PvP mons with less stress. Thanks.

Hello [mention]mic921[/mention],

so first of all ->

pCwWs0E.png

I think my experience about this game is enough to answer all the things you have mentioned. :P

I'll go through sentence by sentence to make everything as clear as possible

While I can barely catch any wild ‘mon with any stats above 28, in trade chat every third of fourth ‘mon I see at least four 31 IV’s in the most ideal stats (Most notably Rough Skin Garchomp with 31 1V on everything except Sp.Atk while Gible / Gabite can only be found in Moon iirc).

I don't believe those claims not even for a second; a 3x 31 IVs or even 3x 31 IVs are still something that is pretty pretty rare and every 3-4 pokemon in tradechat are 100% not with those stats. Those pokemon are incredibly rare and I yet have to get one myself with those stats.

This claim is simply wrong unless you can proof it (which you can't because 3-4 31IVs are very rare and by far not common).

The reason why I have decided to take a break from this game is because I attempted to hunt Modest HP Fire Magnemite, only to waste 60k money that I earned from Johto / Hoenn playthrough

Magnemite is Tier1 (ABUNDANT) and Tier2 (COMMON), which is basically the lowest rarity tier; getting a modest HP Fire one is still rare but that's part of the RNG factor in this game. The pokemon itself is common but the things you want for it are a little more rare.

And I have wasted 2 weeks in Meteor falls just to find a Bagon, which never appeared while the online fellow who arrived Meteor Falls at the same time at the same location found one under 10 minutes.

Please take a look at the recent changes --> Spawn revision 2017 3/3 and Spawn revision 2017 and repel trick

Those changes are made by Red to make hunting more enjoyable, rewarding and more healthy.

This problem was acknowledged and Red is working hard to make spawns more enjoyable and more healthy; your example with hunting two weeks without getting an encounter is exactly the reason why changes were needed.

Also 70+% of the viable pokemon are either super rare or membership only. After 8 months from the start, I only have Mamoswine, Weavile, and Gengar, with none of them ever having above 29 IV in any of their Atk / Sp.Atk / Speed.

That's on you and how much effort you put into this game; it's an MMO based game and if you think you have a complete perfect team with 100 hours; then this game is clearly not something for you. The most meta pokemon at this moment are Clefable, Dugtrio and Nidoking which are all common pokemon.

You don't need to have +29 IVs to be successful in this game or in PVP, I made Top25 twice with trash IV's and average pokemon.

This is simply on you as I already said; put more effort into and you will get better stuff. I also wouldn't count the 8 months argument, you may started 8 months ago but surely didn't play for this long.

I want to clarify if membership users have better RNG to get wild ‘mons with better IV’s, or if it is just me who are unlucky

Unlucky, all Membership features

[spoil]

• Bonus 50% EXP!
    Double Money Gained!
    Access to Members Only Areas!
    Early Access to various Pokemon!
    Access to unique Members Only Clothes, Hats and Mounts (From various Quests and NPC Shops ingame)

[/spoil]

For now, current grinding is just completely pointless without at least getting wild ‘mons with reasonable IV’s. PvP apparently makes 30 Speed IV + Jolly nature Garchomp useless because of those with 31 IV’s.

I said it already, you are not alone with not having "perfect 6x 31IVs" pokemon; those are pokemon are like super super super rare and barely anyone has one or even one close to that. I assume you haven't played much PVP since then you would know this claim is wrong :P

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist, I actually like this game. A lot. I just want some tips on making PvP mons with less stress. Thanks.

Those are all valid concerns but you sound very inexperienced and have small knowledge about certain things, no offensive but a little more research would have been great especially for spawnchanges.

For your last question; Dugtrio in Diglet Cave, Nidoran in Route 36, Donphan Mount Silver, Tangela Mount Silver and Tentacruel Vermilion City are all very common pokemon and good in PVP. Please don't take anything I said here as offensive towards you but well I am not a big fan of people claiming untrue things :P

Good luck with hunting and let me know if you have more questions :Smile:

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.