Fullscreen Windowded

Guest UnknownUser11

Guest UnknownUser11

It is already like this.

If you go fullscreen, it is infact fullscreen windowed. you will notice that when you realise your monitor isnt taking a bit to change res. and its instant.

It is already like this.

If you go fullscreen, it is infact fullscreen windowed. you will notice that when you realise your monitor isnt taking a bit to change res. and its instant.

not really... it goes to minimize instantly when you click on something else (a bit frustrating on dual screen)

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Guest UnknownUser11

You said not really, but if it were actual fullscreen you wouldnt be able to switch out in a second, etc.

It would take some time for your display to switch screen resolutions, and appear black for a moment. As seen on true fullscreen apllications.

Windows doesn't view your screens as 2 separate desktops.

Assuming you have your displays "stretched/extended", it is actually treating your PC as if it were using 1 screen. and so this will happen on a lot of programs.

I have no control over this, or to why it minimizes.

The game is though, infact "Fullscreen Windowed".

As proper fullscreen dedicates your GFX Card to the game, and not windows & game.

However, It may be possible to just make it window (with the border), set a screen res that will fit into your other screen and probably use it that way.

It just wouldnt take up the whole 2nd monitor i guess.

I cant really help you anyway, i only have 1 monitor, as much as i wish i had 2.

I'll have a play around with some stuff.. and see what i can do though

Guest UnknownUser11

Ok.. did some research, it appears i can probably fix this, by using DirectX 11, instead of 9 maybe.

I dunno how this would affect the PRO community by updating the game to DX11

Only people with windows xp will be affected by this (vista+ supports dx11). XP is 14 years old anyway. Its almost as old as the PS2. So if people are using a legacy OS like that then theyre going to be left behind eventually.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

You said not really, but if it were actual fullscreen you wouldnt be able to switch out in a second, etc.

It would take some time for your display to switch screen resolutions, and appear black for a moment. As seen on true fullscreen apllications.

Windows doesn't view your screens as 2 separate desktops.

Assuming you have your displays "stretched/extended", it is actually treating your PC as if it were using 1 screen. and so this will happen on a lot of programs.

I have no control over this, or to why it minimizes.

The game is though, infact "Fullscreen Windowed".

As proper fullscreen dedicates your GFX Card to the game, and not windows & game.

However, It may be possible to just make it window (with the border), set a screen res that will fit into your other screen and probably use it that way.

It just wouldnt take up the whole 2nd monitor i guess.

I cant really help you anyway, i only have 1 monitor, as much as i wish i had 2.

I'll have a play around with some stuff.. and see what i can do though

Looks fine by me...

kbpRXOm.png

but yeah, the minimize thing is still can be irritating, i'll try to find a solution on my end but who knows...

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.