Permanent Ignore Function

Water01

+1. +1

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Dude, its a video game if you feel so much hurts by some 13 year old random persons at the point u even cant make your nights ( because u seems very offended rightnow and to take it at heart ) so just stay in offline statu, or dont play online video games.

Trashtalks, insults, harassment, toxicity in general always been on video games.

And you should be glade, PRO staff is a lot more against thoses things than the other gaming community I know .

I sincerely feel pitty for you when i read that " telling me to end my life quite frequently "

I mean how can u even bother that lol , you should try and work on yourself, maybe you're depressed thoses days ? but you should never take thoses kind of sentence at heart. I talk to you As I would talk to a close friend, because I sincerely feel pitty about you right now... If someone in a video game by telling you that make u feel that bad and all, you probably have some problem rightnow in your life that make u think they're right to say so ?

If its the case take some time off from video games and try to make your real life better, then the day u'll come back online, you'll be confident about who u are and what you owe !

Dude I like trash talking and I can go ham on people but at a certain point someone just gets repetitive and you don't want to see them repeat themselves.

Imagine if there was a bot in your house that just said 'hello' every 5 seconds, that's what it's like with some people. It's nice to just not see what they're doing. Especially when chat box is so small and can't be made bigger, if they message every 10 seconds they are taking up 1-2 lines that could be someone saying anything useful.

In addition, you can already ignore people, why are you so opposed to perma ignore? You are on some massive philosophical rant regarding mental health for something that is like a 0.1% change in functionality lmao. It's not as deep as you're making it out to be.

- DrNerf

You need to chill man, its a video game...

Trashtalk and all is apart of video games so once for good stop to cry, and be a real man.

No doubt everyone bully you and troll you on your server if you're so touchy and take everything to heart like that, you're an easy victim for all of them.

Try to work on yourself and leave this victim role and believe me you'll feel better online.

Dont miss understand me, i'm not sayin that add you are suggesting wouldnt be worth adding .

Just if your whole life you relly on strict rules and reports to deal with different problems, you'll always be the victim of someone, and that for ever..

Its just a tips for you , because when I read your comment and how all of that Hurt you, I sincerely feel pitty and, that's a pathetic to feel pitty for someone I dont even know, on an online support.

Once again, i'm not judging you, and i'm talking to you in all honestly as i would try to help a real friend to me.

PCznf1X.png?1

You need to chill man, its a video game...

Trashtalk and all is apart of video games so once for good stop to cry, and be a real man.

No doubt everyone bully you and troll you on your server if you're so touchy and take everything to heart like that, you're an easy victim for all of them.

Try to work on yourself and leave this victim role and believe me you'll feel better online.

Dont miss understand me, i'm not sayin that add you are suggesting wouldnt be worth adding .

Just if your whole life you relly on strict rules and reports to deal with different problems, you'll always be the victim of someone, and that for ever..

Its just a tips for you , because when I read your comment and how all of that Hurt you, I sincerely feel pitty and, that's a pathetic to feel pitty for someone I dont even know, on an online support.

Once again, i'm not judging you, and i'm talking to you in all honestly as i would try to help a real friend to me.

I am not crying or anything, it's just boring to ignore the same people after every 10 minutes. They don't worth the effort nor the energy.

I'll ask Shane and see if it's possible. I believe that blocked users are cleared on relog because of the space it takes up on the database. I'm unsure how much extra space it would take up on the database and if it'd be worth it. Currently, the best thing you can do for users who spam/ harass you is report them. If we find that a user has broken a rule or taken part in group harassment/ continued harassment, they will be punished. We don't tell people to "just ignore them." Thanks for the suggestion :)

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I'll ask Shane and see if it's possible. I believe that blocked users are cleared on relog because of the space it takes up on the database. I'm unsure how much extra space it would take up on the database and if it'd be worth it. Currently, the best thing you can do for users who spam/ harass you is report them. If we find that a user has broken a rule or taken part in group harassment/ continued harassment, they will be punished. We don't tell people to "just ignore them." Thanks for the suggestion :)

If database space is a problem, may I suggest you make it a client-side setting and store the list of ignored users somewhere in the users' settings directories? While that would still clear the ignore-list upon reinstall of the client, at the very least it won't clear it every single time you log-out, which is already much better. You don't even need to really implement client-side chat filtering in any way if it's currently done server-side -- just have the client spam /ignore for each player in this list when it logs in. The list will still be cleared on the server when you log out, but re-created when you log back in again, so it's essentially permanent. Alternatively, implement a limit -- up to, say, 100 blocked users for each account. Or even do both.