9 Suggestions of Varying Importance

Drnerfariouz

Having spent a lot of time in help chat I've noticed many common trends that lead new players to get stuck, so I have a lot of suggestions regarding the new player experience as well as a few general suggestions.

- Item descriptions. Mobile users cannot read what the items do, which often leads to them asking what every item does. This seems extremely important. To a lesser extent it would be great if you could put the TM name next to the TM number because it can be annoying to have to hover over the TM to find out which one it is when your bag has about 80 TMs in it. In addition, having a description of Pokemon abilities when hovering over the ability would be useful.

- The map feature. Similarly to item descriptions the map does not specify what is in which location for mobile users. This leads to extremely spammy conversations where someone says 'where is X', they get their answer 'route X', but they cannot navigate to it because they cannot see route X on the map. Which means you have to say 'City Y, go north to route Z, then east to route X' etc. And this assumes they know where the starting city is, which they often don't.

This leads me onto my other map related point, a 'YOU ARE HERE' marker on the map would help new players greatly. The map has 3 regions on it and if they're new to Pokemon, telling them X route / city is not helpful because they have no idea where they are.

- A quest tab would help, or small direction hints. People ask very frequently for a quest tab because they don't know what they're doing. A box similar to the 'Pokemon on this route' box would help them know what their current aim is.

- Separate happiness from HP, preferably displaying happiness value. Currently new players assume their happiness is their HP because next to the orange happiness bar there's a number for health. It is a little misleading and as you're okay with happiness being searched via command I think displaying the value next to the orange bar would help a lot.

The remaining suggestions are not aimed at new players and are almost QOL suggestions.

- staffview 3. staffview 2 is very close, staffview 1 is a little far away and that wouldn't be an issue but it constantly makes the screen re centre which is a little annoying. I'd love a staffview 3 which is approximately halfway between 1/2.

- Add a dig passage through victory road. Victory road is not very long but being able to dig through it would be nice, and consistent.

- Either open PM chat boxes where the user previously closed them or just move the chat box opening location from the centre of the screen to the far right where there is a gap in the UI. Currently I, and many others, have messages disabled because it showing up in the middle of the screen right on top of your player character is annoying. I can understand how it could be hard to code it so it opens where we prefer it to open, but opening it on the right side seems like it'd be easy and has no downside.

- Though I have suggested it before I would like to bump the request for a more flexible PC storage system. The storage system is EXTREMELY tedious. It is not a small problem it is a massive problem for me personally. If you do absolutely nothing else please just let us put Pokemon in a separate box instead of forcing them into the closest available. I really, really, hate having 10 sync Pokemon and 50 dupes mixed in with the rest of my dex completion Pokemon.

Finally, it would be a great help if moderators spent a little more time in chat. There are at least 3 people per day that I play who come on with the sole intention of spamming, cursing, trolling or antagonizing users. An alternative if you do not have a moderation team who feels they can spend time policing, is to recruit 'community' mods who have very limited moderation power but can act as a presence in the chat rooms so that people stop breaking rules.

Sorry for the lengthy post, and thanks for reading if you made it this far;)

- DrNerf