Player's Rival

Engineer

So the player's rival in Kanto is named Jackson.

Is there a reason for this? I was thinking you should use Gary as his rival, considering that is how it was back in good ole Blue version, and plus you battle Gary at the end of the E4, so that is fitting.

Speaking of the rival, you are missing a battle before nugget bridge that took place in the handhelds.

Quote me if you reply so I see it in a notification.

Thanks

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

So the player's rival in Kanto is named Jackson.

Is there a reason for this? I was thinking you should use Gary as his rival, considering that is how it was back in good ole Blue version, and plus you battle Gary at the end of the E4, so that is fitting.

Speaking of the rival, you are missing a battle before nugget bridge that took place in the handhelds.

Quote me if you reply so I see it in a notification.

Thanks

PRO isn't exactly a complete duplicate of the original games, any and all content made in PRO is mostly our own, or similar to the games but not entirely the in the fullest, the reason why there is no Blue/Gary, is simple. We are not Red/Ash, we are our own character, so we have our own rival. It can be theorized that Red and Blue's parents may have moved towns or passed away, depends on the amount of years that have passed, all that YOU as the player knows is that at the beginning of the game you see Red fighting Lance in a forest like area, which tells you that it is sometime in the future. Especially since Red was using a Mega Charizard. Our Rival battles are going to be different, or placed differently simply because not everything is meant to line up with the handhelds exactly. Our storyline while similar has it's key differences that you will notice down the line.

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Okay I understand everything you said there. One question though, how come we battle Gary after the Kanto E4 then? I love that battle, please keep it there. But it doesn't make sense that he is not mentioned at all before that battle, is after all the champ (former champ after beating him). I think there should be atleast some mention of Gary before the player gets to the E4. Thanks for the reply Gawerty, you eased most of my concern.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX50HvhXx182ANOBZ-jCYoEu1oiOOg5-X9zjXvybOhmoji1V72

Okay I understand everything you said there. One question though, how come we battle Gary after the Kanto E4 then? I love that battle, please keep it there. But it doesn't make sense that he is not mentioned at all before that battle, is after all the champ (former champ after beating him). I think there should be atleast some mention of Gary before the player gets to the E4. Thanks for the reply Gawerty, you eased most of my concern.

In retrospect, Blue became the champion here after Red decided he was going to complete his pokedex and continue his training. In this case, the reason we face Blue is because the storyline takes place sometime between Red leaving Kanto, and after Gold beat Red.

Story line wise there are so many cool things that can be done with those characters. You could even center events around Red, Blue, Silver and so on. Would strike my interest for sure.

Yeah we could do many things but we need to make them in sync. You've already seen Red on 2-3 times even before finishing Kanto and now that makes the question where he is after beating elite 4. Will he be on on Mt. Silver and waiting for you. Will he be with Green or Blue, will we make Blue(actually Green, but sometimes the translations are off so green is blue and reverse) too. So many debating still needs to be done.

But we will definitely have Red somewhere.

There is a lot of discussion about PRO's storyline behind the scenes, as more things are completed and added for players to run through and play, the storyline will make more sense. you'll see.