Is PRO right for you?

Pretentious

Preface: These are my words. I am not a member of the PRO staff, and my opinions are not necessarily their opinions.

Lately I've noticed an increased amount of negativity in the community due to players complaining about the lack of *certain* features in this game. As I begin to write this post, 7975 users have an account on the PRO forums. Some accounts are "dummy" accounts created by staff for testing purposes, some accounts are alternate accounts for staff members, but the majority of the accounts are actual players of the game. Regardless of the amount of time a player spends here, PRO is a form of entertainment. You play because you want to be entertained. Nobody is forcing you to play THIS game.

In less than a year, PRO has created an amazing game almost completely from scratch. Shane has spent thousands of hours coding the game, and the rest of the staff have spent countless hours developing this game as well. While none of them can claim Pokemon as their own original idea, this game is very much their own. They've built upon the work of others and created something special.

From what I gather, the goal of this project is to create the best experience possible for the players---from the vantage point of an MMO. Every decision they make regarding breeding, regions, rarity, shinies, IVs, etc. is made by considering the ways in which it will affect the game from a multiplayer standpoint. Not everything in the original games translates well into an online version. Before posting suggestions about what this game doesn't have, consider the repercussions associated with the implementation of your suggestion. Some people have introduced excellent ideas which the staff members have considered and added into the game, but oftentimes player suggestions are narrow minded or near sighted. "Rome wasn't built in a day," and neither can your all-star Pokemon team.

For those that are concerned with the competitive battling aspect of PRO...

Battling in PRO will be extremely competitive--just not in the sense of the phrase that you're used to. Finding and catching premier Pokemon in PRO is difficult and time consuming to say the least. The battling system is currently incomplete, and it will probably never offer the same depth that battling simulators can offer. PvP is important, but it'll take time to develop considering the nature of this game. If you want to battle with a perfect system, try one of those simulators or play your 3DS. If you want to play a truly online Pokemon game which is being developed the right way, play PRO.

Hopefully the absence of these *certain* features won't keep you from playing this game. But in case they do, I'll enjoy playing with the rest of the community and the 10 additional players who have joined in the 25 minutes that I spent writing this post.

Viva!

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Every angle possible is discussed in a update, such as the thought of breeding, there was a lot of discussion on it but ultimately it was decided that it just wouldn't work. There was a alternative made for it, that lets you get SOME pokemon eggs, and it has been a great hit for some players.

The absence of certain features does not mean PRO isn't a good game, I prefer not to compare PRO to other games, because PRO is PRO and it is not PokeMMO, or PWO, or PDoD, or any of the other ones out there.

PRO is developed with the like-mindedness that we are our own game, our own community, we are a revolution.

Viva La Revolution~

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

Guest Fierheart

Just want to thank you for this post. PRO staff is doing an amazing job of translating things to a MMO environment.

In any game that receives regular updates, there are bound to be people who are not satisfied with the game in its current state and want more features. World of Warcraft and League of Legends come to mind. People haven't been satisfied with WoW for years, and in LoL's case you will see numerous threads per day on the subreddit who want such features as replays, voice comms, new skins, new splash arts, etc. Some even go as far as to say that Riot Games a is an awful company because they don't listen to their community and are plagued with Soon Syndrome.

Unfortunately these types of people are never going to go away. Sometimes feedback that would actually work very well for a game gets plundered and unrecognized due to the sheer number of complaints.

You have to be receptive but at the same time take everything with a grain of salt.