Anyone else feel like Johto's difficulty is overdone? *SPOILERS*

Ymsmash

I mean, it all starts in Goldenrod, where u have to grind up to level 30 just to be on par with the rockets and another one in Ecruteak where Morty's pokes seem to be lv40+. I can understand this fully if we were actually given good grinding spots for them but look; in golderod you're stuck the the south route where you have to grind to 30 from lv 12+ pokemon, and in ecruteak it's either burnt tower or route 37 where there are only lv 15-ish pokes for your lv 30 pokes.

it just turns to a boring grindfest >.>

the difficulty was set down recently. you don't have a big powerspike after ecruteak/olivine anymore. despite that you can let your pokes daycared/buy strong pokes to go past that. i formyself did it with 2 pokes (whole johto) since you get your kanto pokes back after the 8th badge. maybe you should only train 2-3 strong pokes

Seibuza_Sig.png

60125 the difficulty was set down recently. you don't have a big powerspike after ecruteak/olivine anymore.

Oh, the difficulty spike gets toned down? That's nice to hear.

I also had the same problem as YMSmash back then when I go through Johto.

Level 35+ enemy when our Pokemon is lv25 at most, and the wild Pokes are less than lv15, is definitely not ideal at all.

And then in Mahogany, I'm carrying lv45 stuff.....the rocket hideout enemies have lv55+ stuff -_- Even worse when you realize the wild pokes around the 7th Gym's city is STILL around lv15. The only good place to level up is way back on the ocean outside Cianwood, the only place at that point where the wild pokes are level 30+.

But the truth is, this wasn't the PRO staff's fault - Johto is a region extremely well known by veteran Pokemon players as a region with the worst level curve, even in the remakes (only God knows why GF didn't fix the bad level curve in the remakes....)

In the official games, Dragon's Den is not accessible until you defeat Clair, and the wild pokes? Level 20 at most, with the trainers inside having lv 35 Pokemon. Level 35, and that's after the 8th Gym. What the hell, GF?

We're lucky the PRO staff fixed this problem by making Dragon's Den immediately accessible as soon as we arrive in Blackthorn, and set the level of the wild pokes to be 55+.