Fall 2017 Anime Discussion

Latias

Hey guys! I haven't seen a topic like this in Anime and Manga, so I thought I'd start one.

The Fall 2017 season for anime is about halfway through! What's your AoTS (Anime of the Season) so far? What started out great but wasn't how you expected to be partway through?

87463.webp?s=6f30fbcd9bf40926f863a43a0bded79b

Personally, I've been enjoying [glow=pink]Net-juu no Susume[/glow] the most; the romance plot has me all nice and giddy inside and features a highly relatable main character :heart:

88434.webp?s=8f19daf6dcc1a419eb20e583c2cd295088215.webp?s=afbb5416832e9e8590573da5497c3e7a88476.webp?s=2f946655a0118a8fc661e717b26d536e

My honorable mentions would be [glow=lightblue]Shokugeki no Soma (Season 3)[/glow], [glow=orange]Himouto! Umaru-Chan R[/glow], and [glow=red]Mahoutsukai no Yome[/glow].

(The images are clickable, so if you haven't checked out any of these anime already, click their picture to go to their myanimelist listing! Also, the full anime list this season is released here, although I prefer anichat over myanimelist for a seasonal chart).

<i></i>

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been watching Himouto Umaru-Chan (both season 1 and season 2) and I really like it also. I think my favorite anime this season has to be Black Clover so far. Kekkai Sensen Season 2 is also good too, but I think season 1 was more interesting to me.

• 3 weeks later...
Why haven't I seen this earlier

We shoudl have this for every season.

Currently I am following Shokugeki no Souma and Yume, but looking for a new one to watch and follow on this season, any recomendation?

For movies, I'd like to suggest you to watch "Koe no Katachi" (from 2016), it fits the theme of your top pick :P

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

We shoudl have this for every season.

Currently I am following Shokugeki no Souma and Yume, but looking for a new one to watch and follow on this season, any recomendation?

For movies, I'd like to suggest you to watch "Koe no Katachi" (from 2016), it fits the theme of your top pick :P

I thought so too! Although I'm not sure how popular these threads would be...

As for Koe no Katachi, I've already watched it when it was released on the freeweb. I was waiting for a very long time and thoroughly enjoyed it. :Sing:

As for recommendations... what genre do you generally like watching? :heart: For me, I really like romance but there aren't that many this season; mostly just Net-juu no Susume, Just Because and My girlfriend is a Sho... (although I personally dropped the last one despite its popularity). A summer romance anime is finishing up called Ballroom e Youkoso, and although I personally haven't watched it, many of my friends have said they've enjoyed it.

If you're into sci-fi, mystery and magic (which I also quite like), I'd suggest Inuyashiki (has a 'Breaking Bad' vibe but instead of drugs the MC becomes a superhero), Children of the Whales (a colony that has yet to discover the rest of the world), or Black Clover (a hopeless MC that strives to become the best--a Wizard King). If you haven't watched Kekkai Sensen (mainly fantasy action), you should watch a few episodes and see if you're interested in it. I really enjoyed it and the second season is out (great for binge watching). :heart: Definitely pick one of these up if they sound interesting to you.

If you like moe and shoujo ai, I'd definitely suggest Konohana Kitan. I'm not completely caught up on the anime, but I've watched about four episodes or so and it's a decent anime. (I'll admit, I only started it because of the super cute cat ears, hehe)

If you are okay with CGI anime (I personally am not too fond of them), I'd suggest Houseki no Kuni. I think the anime is very beautiful, calming, and nostalgic due to its buddhist influences. Some people have been considering it the 'hidden gem' of this season as it's been overlooked for other popular airing anime, like the 2nd season of Umaru, 3rd season of Shokugeki, and 2nd season of 3-gatsu no Lion. (If you haven't watched Umaru or 3-gatsu, they're both really great; Umaru is a lighthearted comedy anime while 3-gatsu takes a more serious approach to slice of life featuring competitive shogi).

I haven't been keeping up some animes I've heard decent reviews about, like Animegataris, Blend S, Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, and Kino no Tabi. If you've watched any of these let me know your thoughts on them! :Sing:

P.S. Not part of this season, but have you watched the shortfilm Violet Evergarden yet? People on MAL have been raving about it and I have yet to watch it.

Shokugeki no Soma is looking very promising. Not surprising since it's one of my personal favourites. (I love the opening song) as it is confirmed to have 24 episodes airing. Koe no Katachi was awesome (Much better than Kimi no Nawa) and can't wait till Boku No Hero Academia Season 3 returns too. I will also continue watching Boruto Next Generations as it is a MUST since Naruto was my childhood.

cqjN0su.gif

Kibitz the Whale

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/Kibitz

My Twitch Channel : Twitch.tv/xkibitz

XfRMr90.gif

Shokugeki no Soma is looking very promising. Not surprising since it's one of my personal favourites. (I love the opening song) as it is confirmed to have 24 episodes airing. Koe no Katachi was awesome (Much better than Kimi no Nawa) and can't wait till Boku No Hero Academia Season 3 returns too. I will also continue watching Boruto Next Generations as it is a MUST since Naruto was my childhood.

I've also been enjoying Shokugeki no Soma so far; although I've been mostly keeping up with the manga. Do you like the Boku No Hero Academia OPs? If so, which one do you like the most? :heart:

I watched a bit of Naruto when I was a kid, although not for very long as the airing time clashed with my schedule. Makes me kind of sad as the sheer amount of episodes makes it intimidating to start watching from the very first episode. :Shocked:

I've also been enjoying Shokugeki no Soma so far; although I've been mostly keeping up with the manga. Do you like the Boku No Hero Academia OPs? If so, which one do you like the most? :heart:

I watched a bit of Naruto when I was a kid, although not for very long as the airing time clashed with my schedule. Makes me kind of sad as the sheer amount of episodes makes it intimidating to start watching from the very first episode. :Shocked:

Opening 2 of Boku no Hero Academia is the best. I love the Japanese and English versions of it. Yes many new viewers tend to stray away from Naruto as it consists of 600 episodes +. However if you watched it every week when it was still airing like me, the emotion you feel as the Final Fight as well as the reunion of Team 7 is very heartwarming :Heart-eyes:

cqjN0su.gif

Kibitz the Whale

My Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/c/Kibitz

My Twitch Channel : Twitch.tv/xkibitz

XfRMr90.gif