Staff in numbers - influence on the game.

Crokstar

So it is just a general topic about staff. In a forum with large topic freedom I hope this topic will match the standards and will not interrupt any relations of any sort.

As we know staff is always a part of the game not only PRO but many others. It is obvious that the game needs the guards in order to function well. Someone must stand for the game idea and make players obbey the rules.

The question is who exactly should be the aforementioned guard and how many of them should be in order not to ruin the balance between controlling players and freedom of players.

First of all what are the pros of to many staff members.

The obvious thing is that the players will be really careful on what they do and they will strictly obbey the rules in fear of getting punishment. Sounds nearly OK. At the beginning of any game usually the percentage off staff is a lot lower then when the game is advanced. The players are not so used to the fact that they are getting controlled in every moment of their game and if this changes drastiacally in time then they do feel pressurised.

This implies the con of the situation which is that the relaxed mode which the game offers is starting to be blured by the massive outspread of the guards and the player in order not to lose what they have will fall under the pressure.

How reckless decisions can the staff make when in number power and how will this affect the relationship between them and the players?

Feel free to discuss,

Crokstar.

Obsession about mindless possession.

The problem in my opinion isn't the number of staff members. The problem is that there is lack of control on staff doings and they are making staff out of likeliness and not because of ideas,time spending on helping game and other important factors. When u want to increase the staff number u have to take many different people with different ideas so as to get a maximum variety before u get a decision over everything. When being staff means to follow whatever the higher in charge members say blindly then you shouldn't be a staff.

gifeditor_20180101_132119.gif

That sounds interesting. Controlling the ones who are controlling. Well I guess the creators of the game should be the one in charge to do so. I always beleave that staff is for players and not the other way. Staff should never take advantage of the fact that they have higher position. At least in a game scenario. I do think that number of staff is an important factor. Imagine a jail with more guards then prisoners. What is the sense of sucha situation: the guard gets benefits for being a guard but has no impact which makes the whole structure a mess. Out of lack of things to do they start to abuse the power and for instance do physical punishment to the prisoners for slightest insubordination to prove they are worth the title.

Obsession about mindless possession.

I don't respect this staff. They are worse than PWO.

The recent staff applications just confirms this yet again. You do not like a player, state they are immature and based upon that, reject their application because of it. Walrosskastanie was banned if i recall correctly and was placed into a staff position due to apparently being "professional and having a skill set" but how professional can you possibly have been if you were banned?

If you are willing to look away from Walrosskastanie's ban, why can you not overlook a player that is supposedly immature? Why deny that player an opportunity solely because they had an unfavourable opinion or comment about you? Who of you staff haven't made fun of the staff before you were given that title?

From now on I'm going to snapshot all the staff's chat I see that includes discord or wherever. If we can be brought to accountability then so should you.

Everybody isn't ignorant to your biased behaviour and the taunts that come from certain staff members who afterwards want to wave a white flag under their staff position.

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

We shouldn't have to justify why we add people to staff however it's already confirmed by us that Walrosskastanie's ban was lifted because he was falsely banned. So that point goes out the window. Players who were denied from the workshop were for many different reasons, displaying instances of immaturity was included in the list. Players who constantly break the rules were denied from the workshop, players who break rules when they're applying for staff aren't a good fit. No personal biases are taken into account when recruiting, I can assure you that. Though, those who were denied from staff and leaked their responses just prove that we were right to not trust in adding them to any staff chats. If you take screenshots of staff breaking the rules, that's all well. Please also make a complaint with all of those evidences so we can take appropriate action on said staffs. With that said, I'll lock this. Thanks and have a nice day.

- Locked -

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.