goku vs saitama?

Paweeeee

78861most of you just pick saitama off of the hype the anime gave you and dont have any real reason why other than"hes one punch man" for those who say saitama can you plz explain why?

Saitama is stupidly powerful. He never was close to serious at any moment in the manga, so you cant really say he has a hard time killing people with regeneration or things like that. Actually i read somewhere (cant remember where) that he said himself that if he threw a serious punch he would destroy this universe and 2 others. Don't take one punch man seriously. Goku has a "measurable" power, while Saitama is a caricature of shonen hero. It is the design of the character that makes him this way, and if you dont like it then you take the manga too seriously. (comparing saitama with other shonen heroes is already taking OPM too seriously...)

If you want to compare Goku and Saitama, you could say the nature of Goku is he gets stronger every time he gets close to death (or actually dies), when the nature of Saitama is to kill everything imaginable in one punch. He cant ever get stronger than he already is. It's ridiculous, and that's why is funny. Goku and Saitama are not in the same Universe, and if they were, Saitama would be stronger or he wouldnt be Saitama, it's as simple as that.

Saitama was designed to be strongest you could ever imagine, dont forget that it was a "web comic" at first, and never really meant to have a developped scenario. The web comic had a huge success and they adapted it, but that's it.

If you want a practical exemple on how Saitama power is stupid, /!\ spoiler alert /!\ it took him about 10 episodes of his anime to beat to the pulp the strongest fighter of his universe without being serious a single second...

To make it short :

Dragon Ball = action shonen

One Punch Man = humoristic shonen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

78861most of you just pick saitama off of the hype the anime gave you and dont have any real reason why other than"hes one punch man" for those who say saitama can you plz explain why?

Saitama is stupidly powerful. He never was close to serious at any moment in the manga, so you cant really say he has a hard time killing people with regeneration or things like that. Actually i read somewhere (cant remember where) that he said himself that if he threw a serious punch he would destroy this universe and 2 others. Don't take one punch man seriously. Goku has a "measurable" power, while Saitama is a caricature of shonen hero. It is the design of the character that makes him this way, and if you dont like it then you take the manga too seriously. (comparing saitama with other shonen heroes is already taking OPM too seriously...)

If you want to compare Goku and Saitama, you could say the nature of Goku is he gets stronger every time he gets close to death (or actually dies), when the nature of Saitama is to kill everything imaginable in one punch. He cant ever get stronger than he already is. It's ridiculous, and that's why is funny. Goku and Saitama are not in the same Universe, and if they were, Saitama would be stronger or he wouldnt be Saitama, it's as simple as that.

Saitama was designed to be strongest you could ever imagine, dont forget that it was a "web comic" at first, and never really meant to have a developped scenario. The web comic had a huge success and they adapted it, but that's it.

If you want a practical exemple on how Saitama power is stupid, /!\ spoiler alert /!\ it took him about 10 episodes of his anime to beat to the pulp the strongest fighter of his universe without being serious a single second...

To make it short :

Dragon Ball = action shonen

One Punch Man = humoristic shonen

i agree with everything but the part where saitama says he can destroy earth and this universe" ive read the opm manga twice mostly to get details on sweet mask and saitama has never said any of those words if im wrong screen shot a pic

Zezu.jpg

YVuBCg9.png

This is something i've heard of and i'm sure it isnt in the manga as well. I didnt read the web comic so it may have come from there. It may be coming from a fan discussion where someone quoted that as well, since i really cant remember where i read that. But even if it proves to be a total invention, you still got my point ^^