Ways to improve the game

Prodigy

Hello, first of all, congratulations on the work you are doing for this great idea to go ahead!

Seeing the interest that you are laying, I have been forced to try to help a little bit, at least, giving you another point of view, for better or worse, but surely to advance, which is always good. I will let a few things that I think you could improve:

Music: I do not understand why the game is missing something as important as zone themes, that’s a tremendous mistake, even if it’s a beta. Pokemon game had lots of melodies, all different and all interesting. I think that’s a disaster that people who take more than 2 hours playing opt to mute because they are always listening to the same 4 themes all the time.

Empty houses: The other big mistake that I found in the game. It is clear that it is a beta, but we both know that most of those empty houses in Johto and Kanto are going to stay that way, and it’s unacceptable, because there are A LOT.

It’s better to finish a good continent than make 2 uncomplete continents (or a third), even if it means ignoring the community with their demands regarding Hoenn for now.

I think that these two issues are currently the most important, because those are the ones that sometimes make the game seem a bit ‘unprofessional’ (no offense).

Move tutors: Unlike many people, I think that not to implement move tutors like Calm mind, Dragon Dance, Swords dance or Double team is right guess. I think that the pace of metagame is benefited by these absence.

Security: IDK what are you doing to make the server safe, but definitely the future of the server depends largely on how you can solve all kinds of problems with cheaters.

And finally, 2 issues more, focused on people who do not have as much time to play as the ’pros’.

PvP Battles: I think that you need to do a lvl 50 PVP or something like that, because there are lots of people that doesn’t have time to spend in training evs and level. And if these people can’t use such an important tool, possibly they end up leaving the game.

Transport: Speaking with users, I realized that many end up leaving the game because they do not want to spend 15 or 20 min going from one place to another because they don’t have fly, personally, if you’re not going to implement fly, you need to drop Subway prices slightly. There is no reason to affect negatively nor you, nor to us.

Make it as constructive criticism, things may sound worse because my regular english, but I’m just trying to give you an objective view to improve a game that I and many more users will spend a lot of hours in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, glad to see that you’ve improved some issues like people in the houses, but i still see problems.

I still have the feeling that it is a waste of time going into the houses, why? Obvious, the people in the houses give us useless information.

That is, I enter in a random house and a lady says to me ‘I miss my husband, thanks for keeping me company’ dude, wtf is this? We don’t know the story behind that comment, it’s not part of a subquest.. so it’s a complete waste of time, completely made to fill.

When they are a few houses with this situations, doesn’t matter, but when there are a lot, back to what I said the first time, the game seems unprofessional.

So what you can do? Obviously make the npc’s important in their own way, and how? I can put a couple of examples:

-In the first town houses when we start the adventure you can do something like tutorial messages, comments like ‘I beat Brocks Onix with my lvl14 nidoranM’ or ‘Each wild poke gives you different evs’

-Putting mysterious messages, just an example, if you are near Mt Silver and enter in a house (I know there aren’t houses there) ‘Legend says that in the top of the mountain there are Larvitars waiting to be captured by the strongest trainers in the world’.

-Or nice messages like ‘if you are a lucky guy, you can find macho brace in tohjo falls’

In conclusion, interesting texts that make us going into the house to see what can the NPC tell to us.

70400 Hi, glad to see that you’ve improved some issues like people in the houses, but i still see problems.

I still have the feeling that it is a waste of time going into the houses, why? Obvious, the people in the houses give us useless information.

That is, I enter in a random house and a lady says to me ‘I miss my husband, thanks for keeping me company’ dude, [Censored] is this? We don’t know the story behind that comment, it’s not part of a subquest.. so it’s a complete waste of time, completely made to fill.

When they are a few houses with this situations, doesn’t matter, but when there are a lot, back to what I said the first time, the game seems unprofessional.

So what you can do? Obviously make the npc’s important in their own way, and how? I can put a couple of examples:

-In the first town houses when we start the adventure you can do something like tutorial messages, comments like ‘I beat Brocks Onix with my lvl14 nidoranM’ or ‘Each wild poke gives you different evs’

-Putting mysterious messages, just an example, if you are near Mt Silver and enter in a house (I know there aren’t houses there) ‘Legend says that in the top of the mountain there are Larvitars waiting to be captured by the strongest trainers in the world’.

-Or nice messages like ‘if you are a lucky guy, you can find macho brace in tohjo falls’

In conclusion, interesting texts that make us going into the house to see what can the NPC tell to us.

Your dialogue suggestions are excellent.

Pointless or context...less speeches do take away from the game when NPCs can be used as an alternative to help players along their journey.

wycTAcv.gif

Sig created by Annazhee

Transport: Speaking with users, I realized that many end up leaving the game because they do not want to spend 15 or 20 min going from one place to another because they don’t have fly, personally, if you’re not going to implement fly, you need to drop Subway prices slightly. There is no reason to affect negatively nor you, nor to us.

I think the problem with subway isn't just the price. The quest itself forces you to spend 125k in total, 75k for the bike to access Route 16, and 50k for the parcel. That's quite a lot of money.

Maybe it would have been more bearable had the Yorkie NPC is placed outside Route 16, as that means players would only need to spend 50k for the parcel.

The quest still consumes some money, but the amount doesn't "scare" players as much as before. Also, I think that's a better way than removing the money cost for the parcel, because between the bike and the parcel/Fly HM, the bike is more useful, so even if new players no longer need to buy it for this quest, the money that old players used for the bike doesn't really go to waste.

Oh forgot that post, when talking about lower price of Subway, i was talking about the Saffron-Goldenrod train, 5k is too expensive in my opinion, and it changes nothing (for you) if it was 3k instead that 5k.

Other thing, and VERY IMPORTANT, is the PC box, the box system sucks, I think every player lost a lot of time searching for his pokes because there's any tool, nothing to make a clean and fast search.

And finally, Chat mods, I understand that they are not professionals and the game has a lot of young kids, and that kind of things, but man, you can't ban a player when he says a swearsword without bad intentions, that's just ridiculous, and I've seen that with my own eyes. It remembered me today because a mod almost ban me for saying 'fuck yeah' a pair of times thankgiving an answer of a guy.

I like order in the server, but man, you need to know when you need to get serious and when not. Imagine if they ban me for such a stupid thing, after 400 hours of play and 30 or 40 dollars spent, that's just ridiculous

I mean, moderators are a very important part of the game and you should stop and think who you choose, because I know that previously it wasn't very difficult to become a mod of this game, but now, when the game is taking off, you should be careful with that, because not everyone is ready.

We don't ban on the first offense, we just mute, if the player still doesn't stop, then we have our rules to follow.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

74110 We don't ban on the first offense, we just mute, if the player still doesn't stop, then we have our rules to follow.

I know that there are first two mutes, but it canges nothing.

As I explained before, i'm not talking about offend anyone, i'm talking about know when you need to apply the rules and when not, and man, that's not a big deal.

I just participated one time in 'Help' chat and that happened for saying a swearword, so I guess that things are not things of one day only. I don't think it's difficult to distinguish the person who insults or trolls others of one who isn't doing it on purpose.

Worst is that people who put their trash pokes on 'Trade' and say 'Epic', for example, or that trolls in 'All' who got mute once one time of 20 that they deserve, or simply that people who continually use other channels to talk about other things.

I mentioned what happened the other day, if after that 2 unsense mutes I had dropped a phrase like 'why do you muting me for that nonsense thing?' (who was true) now I will be banned, and that's not fair.

That time the mod was Bardhais or something like that, and the problem is that you need to know differentiate when a guy deserves a pair of mutes and a ban and when not, and he didn't differentiate, because if he knowed that, he will know that's better to have an user like me (no troublemaking, spending hours, spending money, helping to improve the game..) than 10 rat kids, among other things.

Anyway, actually it's more important to improve other things of the game like PC Boxes :y: