How to rate a pokemon?

Hndhmn

Hi guys, sorry of this question posted a lot, idk whats the keywords should I use to make the search to get what i want..

My problem is I see a many guys asking to rate their pokemons in the chat...

and they answer them like this 3/10, 5/10.... my question is, how to know what's the right stats? and what's the right nature.. it's so confusing... they give low rates even the pokemon is unstoppable.

• Like 1

Hi guys, sorry of this question posted a lot, idk whats the keywords should I use to make the search to get what i want..

My problem is I see a many guys asking to rate their pokemons in the chat...

and they answer them like this 3/10, 5/10.... my question is, how to know what's the right stats? and what's the right nature.. it's so confusing... they give low rates even the pokemon is unstoppable.

Bro actually its a matter of time u gain knowledge about pokes nature and their abilities and how to differentiate from other pokes cuz every new player face these problems about pokes info and mistakely buy wrong pokes so it's natural bro and keep collecting knowledge about pokes gud luck bro

• Like 1

Well a really good starting point for what good natures/abilities/moves are is smogon. Though you have to read its reasonings because its meant for a meta different from pro. But you want to look at a mons base stats abilities and moves to see what nature would be good for, which takes a while ti be able to do so dont worry over not being able to do it yet.

For ivs you need 20+ on its two main stats (dmg and speed or dmg and hp for offensive mons depending on their speed/bulk) (hp and defense or hp and spdef for defensive mons). So a mon with 31 in its main stats with right nature is rated highee than one with right nature but 10 is both main stats as main stats are most important to it.

• Like 1
magmah6sx0.png

Well a really good starting point for what good natures/abilities/moves are is smogon. Though you have to read its reasonings because its meant for a meta different from pro. But you want to look at a mons base stats abilities and moves to see what nature would be good for, which takes a while ti be able to do so dont worry over not being able to do it yet.

For ivs you need 20+ on its two main stats (dmg and speed or dmg and hp for offensive mons depending on their speed/bulk) (hp and defense or hp and spdef for defensive mons). So a mon with 31 in its main stats with right nature is rated highee than one with right nature but 10 is both main stats as main stats are most important to it.

Okay, let's say that all my pokes' moves are special, so i have to care about the SPATK, right? and the and the other base stats are high enough (more than 200),

and if my Poke is from a nature that has +SPATK, and -somthing... it would be really good right?

Also if the Ivs of all stats are above 20, this is gonna be in total really good, right?

Rates are usually based on pvp usage, that makes it very hard tbh. It really depends on the Pokemon, sometimes its really nice to have max speed on a Pokemon in our meta like at Gengar and Weavile and sometimes a decent speed is enough for a sweeper. Some Pokemon, mostly sweeper, dont care much about def, spdef and hp, ofc it is good to have good stats there but a 31atk 31speed Weavile with trash numbers on the other stats is better than a Weavile with 15 speed and 31 at all other stats imo. So it really depends on the Pokemon and its function in pvp.

You need some experience in pvp to be able to have a good rate on a Pokemon, but what you wrote about the Spatk thing is basicly right, its important to care about the Spatk on a Spatk Poke even when it is a tank, makes sense. But you still play most sweepers on a +speed nature to outspeed other Pokemon since most sweepers are a 1shot for other sweepers and it makes a lot of sense to be faster. You see its getting annoing to rate a Poke.

Like someone already said you can use smogon for the most Pokemon and natures/abilitys and depending on the influenz of the Ability you rate a Pokemon fist by his Ability with the highest impact, then the nature with the 2nd most impact and then the Iv´s imo. Sometimes Nature > Ability but that depends like I said.

• Like 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L