Extreme hour requirements need to be rethought

Firelordizumi

The amount of hours in order to do things in this game is on an incredibly steep slope. I can understand anything ranging from 100-400 hours but anything past that, in my opinion, is more of a middle finger to anyone who casually plays the game.

Most notable example of this would be 1000+ hours required to catch Genesect. Then you have the split hours requirements between regions. 750+ for the legendary beasts. So on and so forth.

MMO's with play-time requirements have play-time requirements built around how long gameplay lasts, barring a few extraordinary examples. In this game, however, the hour requirements seem to be placed without regard to how long the game actually takes to play.

Currently, I am sitting at 250 hours of playtime. I have beaten all four regions, have a nearly complete PVP team ready among various other teams in the works. I have the vast majority of Pokemon caught and evolved yet I am not even halfway to being able to do many of the things I want to. This isn't conducive to a positive player environment. Setting such steep goals paints an image in the player's head of impossible achievements and it will force them to leave the game which is why saying that most players do not make it to or past the hour requirements is a safe bet.

I understand this game is in beta. I understand there are more things to come to fill this vast void. However, even in beta, good games do not have these voids. They adjust and react accordingly and scale appropriately to the gameplay. Not to say this game isn't good, it's absolutely fantastic and a dream come true for many.

Just wanted to see if I'm the only one who thinks this..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I encounter this dilemma myself. I was in red and got in a guild (unfriendly useless guild) and left this guild. And done quest and roaming alone and I did things on my own which is frustrating and completing quest, story , and dex as well as accumulating playtime alone is tough. Maybe have a good circlebof friends in game so you wont notice your playtime and as well as dex completion assistance from friends...

From blue server I didnt suffer much as I did in red and now I got 5k+ playtime in blue. And got some friends

• 3 weeks later...

I see your point of the other legendaries, but genesect is an uber class legend, i made it 1000 hours for that reason back last year

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I see your point of the other legendaries, but genesect is an uber class legend, i made it 1000 hours for that reason back last year

Well,the fact that it's an uber class legend makes it really useless in PRO as you cannot use it in pvp and it's very meh for bosses.But in that quest,what I really have a problem is aint the hours but catching the 150 ivs mon...I've done the bca around 50 times and never got one.I just feel like this quest is extremly hard for a legend that won't be useful of any sort in PRO. o.o

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

Well,the fact that it's an uber class legend makes it really useless in PRO as you cannot use it in pvp and it's very meh for bosses.But in that quest,what I really have a problem is aint the hours but catching the 150 ivs mon...I've done the bca around 50 times and never got one.I just feel like this quest is extremly hard for a legend that won't be useful of any sort in PRO. o.o

off topic:

150iv is not a hard thing, really

it can be done in a week, with the right strategy

all you need to do is just keep catching pokes with high catch rate

anything can be caught with only 1-2 balls, normally tier1 or tier2

yes, they are Caterpie or etc, useless in pvp or worthless in market

I used a 40lv xatu with Night Shade and Thunder Wave

once you got 5 pokes which are not 150iv+, talk to the npc and release them

keep switching pokes' position can make the ID generated faster

the real hard thing is 290 points

because the only satisfied category is a 135iv+ TIER 4 poke

or you are lucky enough to get a really really high iv tier 3 poke

for me, it took me 3 months nonstop

you can catch anything for 150iv+

but you can only catch tier 4 for 290 points

that's the different

off topic:

150iv is not a hard thing, really

it can be done in a week, with the right strategy

all you need to do is just keep catching pokes with high catch rate

anything can be caught with only 1-2 balls, normally tier1 or tier2

yes, they are Caterpie or etc, useless in pvp or worthless in market

I used a 40lv xatu with Night Shade and Thunder Wave

once you got 5 pokes which are not 150iv+, talk to the npc and release them

keep switching pokes' position can make the ID generated faster

t

But well,this is still a possibility to never get the 150 iv mon if you are really unlucky o.o I did that over 50 times,and still dont have it,and ive reached a point where I got no motivation to try that quest anymore

Married to Shaymin

hQm6q6C.png

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, just an FYI, the high hour requirements are for people who basically no-life the game. it was never meant for casuals

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

The logic is absent. You simply want them because you cannot have them. The dog and Genesect were essentially rewards and badges for people who are long term players or grinders.

The "casual" player can have any of the 500 other Pokemon (of which they will catch maybe 100), but you can't have TWO Pokemon... yet.

What you're saying is basically "anyone should be able to have everything anyone else has, its unfair that i can't have event Pokemon too i deserve a Darkrai :( and i want christmas Pokemon even though I didnt play at christmas".

Plus the line were drawing is completely subjective. The line is 1k hours you want less and what is reasonable is not rational its just what you think. If you think its 500 then fine, another person wants it in 300 and another wants it in 100. Why not have a genesect quest midway through Kanto where catching 5 bugs gifts you Genesect? If you do any of these things you remove the appeal and point of the Pokemon... just because 2/500 Pokemon are exclusive to 2/500 players.

- DrNerf