April 13th 2018 - Friday 13th Story Event

Friday the 13th Story Event

All Servers Welcome

halloween-hub-banner-desktop.jpg.33703e53ed3631e9b9bf7eabe9e8216e.jpg

Greetings fellow Trainers:

It has finally happened. We get our first Friday the 13th in April. As it is our first Friday the 13th of the 2018 year let us treat it as something special. This event has a pyramid of rewards depending on the number of Entry's. But, let us get to the juicy part of the competition.

Format:

The format for this event is you need to write about what one of the Pokemon in the above picture does on Friday the 13th. The short story must be 250 words and no longer than 500 words. I won't be critiquing proper grammar but spelling is a must. I am looking for a good story to give thrills and chills similar to ghost stories around a camp fire in the woods. This should be PG13 and under.

Prizes:

As mentioned above there is a pyramid system for rewards depending on the number of submitted stories. So the more submitted stories the better the reward is.

Tier 1 - Less than 10 Stories

1st - 1 Coin Capsules

2nd - 15 Day Membership

3rd - 25% Experience for 72 hrs.

Tier 2 - 11 to 20 Stories

1st - 2 Coin Capsules

2nd - 30 Day Membership or 1 Coin Capsule

3rd - 15 Day Membership

Tier 3 - 21 plus stories

1st - 4 Coin Capsules

2nd - 2 Coin Capsules

3rd - 1 Coin Capsule or 30 Day Membership

How Judging Works -

Judging will be handled by me and a few of my friends. We will double check the word count to make sure it fits the criteria as requested. The event will close on 12:01 AM PST on April 14th. We will review all submissions and announce the winners on April 15th. Prizes will be given out at the earliest convenience.

Where to post my story?

You can post your story here in the thread. If you feel someone might steal some of your ideas you can send me a PM with your story. All stories will be published at the end of the event.

Questions?

Feel free to PM me here on the forums or you can find me on Discord. The link to the Official Pro Discord is in my signature.

Best of luck and may the odds forever be in your favor.

Edited by Spacemuffin
  • Like 6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anybody was wondering (I had to look up some of these gen 5+ Pokémon) what the names of the Pokémon are, that you can write a story about, from left to right, is the following:

Zubat

Gengar

Duskull

Sableye

Trevenant

Drifloon

Chandelure

Banette

Espurr

Misdreavus

Pumpkaboo

Ghastly

Haunter

Remember, 250 to 500 words!

Anyways, with the names, you can look up their pokedex entry and basically learn everything you need to about them for storywriting.

Happy Writing!

• Like 1

The Sprit of Gengar. Every one was downloading Pokemon go.Them moment I heard about it,I went to the app store and download it.It was so great being able to catch all of the original 151 Pokemon again just like I did when I was a kid.I played Pokemon go every day after work.It was a great way for me to get out and get some exercise.

One afternoon as I was playing Pokemon go as I normally did.I noticed that there was a few rattata,hoothoots and magikarp around,but those were the usual Pokemon that I find.I nearly dropped my phone in shock once I looked to see other near by Pokemon.There was a Gengar near by.I couldn't believe my eyes.

Since the Gengar was nearby,I decided that I would search everywhere I could around the area in order to find it.It was too good of an opportunity to give up.

I continue walking forward until it disappeared.I couldn't believe it was gone so I tried walking back to see if it was really gone or I just walked to far.Thankfully,I didn't walk to far.

Before I realize it,I was in empty ally.I had no idea where I was,but I knew that I didn't walk very far.I figured I'd try just going in the direction I went when I was looking for the Gengar.

I froze and dropped my phone suddenly when I felt a cold hand cover my mouth.Everything just stopped ,I couldn't comprehend what was going on.

"Look like you find me!" I heard the man laughing from behind me.

I felt a cold sweat and my hands trembled as I realised what was happening.I had fallen right into that man's trap.

I don't even think about calling for help.There wasn't single person around me.My mind raced as I tried to think of some possible way to get this.I knew if I stayed there,then I was going to be killed.

I stood there for a moment trying to muster up as much courage as I could.His hand suddenly tightened on my face and I felt something poking from back.I didn't want to believe what it was but I knew it was a gun.

"Don't you think about leaving.You're gonna be coming with me.."he said as he shoved the gun against my skin.

My heart felt like it was beating out my chest.For a moment,I felt like giving up hope.He had me at gun point and I was all alone.

I closed my eyes and clutched them shut.Then I heard my phone's vibration is shows I found a pokemon when I see to my phone it was a Gengar I found.This couldn't possibly be reality.I couldn't even tell you what happened to me after that.Something just snapped in me.All I remember is the scream of the man and a loud gunshot.

I ran as fastest as I possible could as l could get home.I still to the day can't believe what happened to me.It still feels like a bad dream,but I know that it was all too real.

• Like 1

I was just playing with my poke-doll plush Espurr I had it for years never left it's sight. One day I was looking on YouTube for videos but, they were all boring. However, I saw a video of a man playing hide and seek with his doll in the dark and he did some spell to actually make it scary and as if the doll was haunted. So I decided to give it a try I mean what's the worse that can happen? I greatly regretted that idea as I felt a cold, dark hand slowly touch my skin. And like many people I ran, I ran as fast as I could but, whenever I went it would always find me. sooner or later I realized that I had to go back to , where I did the spell and send that vile thing back where it came. So I dashed like Usain Bolt to the Bathroom. And there before me I saw it staring down at me with a menacing face.

It said "whereeee areee youuu goooinng"

At that moment my whole body froze as if I was frozen I time I was so confused to what was going on and yes some people would probably say I'm crazy i decided to ask it questions like "What do you want" or " What's your business with me" It gave no answer so I tried to maneuver around it but, yet again it stopped me so I carried on asking it questions.

It finally gave an answer what I said was truly horrifying "Why do you want me to go? You've known me the whole of your life" I said "Yes but, this isn't what I wanted"

Surprisingly, it understood and let me pass and I re-did the spell and everything went back to normal so I went to bed and tried to sleep it off like nothing ever happened.

The next morning I saw my doll there and at that moment I realized not to do anything crazy like that again xD

Ps: Good luck everyone

~Bossman

Edited by Bossman123
  • Like 2