April 13th 2018 - Friday 13th Story Event

The Red Ghastly

Have you ever been to the basement of the Pokémon Tower in Lavender Town in the Kanto region? How far have you gotten? They say only those with particular traits can get all the way to the bottom…

But let me warn you right now, never, and I mean never, go to the bottom floor on Friday the 13th. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

It is rumored that a red Ghastly lives there, sealed away for most of the year, it’s seal only being broken when the 6th day of the week lines up with the 13th day of the month.

You may be wondering why a red Ghastly would be so dangerous, couldn't a Pokéball simply catch it? It's not that simple. Do you want to know where it’s red color comes from? The souls it consumes of it’s victims are eternally trapped in this Ghastly, being tortured and held back from a blissful afterlife. The red hue is the blood of the souls that cannot escape.

How powerful is it, you ask?

A full team of level 120 Pokémon with perfect IVs, EVs, natures, moves, and super effectiveness against it wouldn't even last a second against it. The ghastly would simply consume each one consecutively like how Pacman consumes ghosts with a power pellet, saving the trainer for last.

There is no way to stop it, thankfully, it’s seal only weakens enough to let it roam around the bottom floor of the Pokémon Tower.

Why hasn't it evolved? It may be due to the tormented souls that fight against their entrapment, not daring to let the Ghastly to get any stronger than it already is. If it became a Gengar, it just might be powerful enough to break it’s seal completely and consume the whole world.

Don't go to the Pokémon tower basement on Friday the 13th.

If you see a red Ghastly, just run.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gengar Curse

So the other day, my friends told me about Pokémon Revolution Online on Facebook messenger, so I decided to give it a try. Looking to my 3DS, I saw a Gengar appear in wild grass. I simply ran away, saved, and closed the game.

But I did not run away from the gengar…

I installed the game on my old dilapidated dusty computer, and I managed to get the game to run. After signing up, I entered my login information and selected Yellow Server. I knew my computer would take forever to load it up, but it seemed to be running fine. As the loading bar appeared, I went upstairs to make some hot chocolate for the cold Canadian weather.

When I got back, it was about half loaded, but I heard a mysterious cry that sounded familiar, but then I noticed the loading bar moving backwards. ‘No, not backwards!’ I thought, ‘This has taken a whole 5 minutes!’ Then I heard the cry again. I remembered where the cry came from. It was the wild Gengar I saw in my 3DS game.

Wait a minute, Gengar wasn't a Pokémon that could be caught in the wild, it had to be traded to evolve…

This was the exact same Gengar. I could almost read it’s thoughts, “I just wanted to be caught, and you had to abandon me! For this, I'll make you suffer!”

Instantly, my computer bluescreened, and it took the next month to get it up and running to it’s former glory again. I hovered over the PRO shortcut I had made when installing the game. ‘I wouldn't do that if I were you…’ I could hear this echo in my mind.

Remembering the incident from over a month ago, I decided to boot up my 3DS. I selected the Pokémon game and continued where I left off. The next step I took, I encountered a wild Gengar again! This had to be the same one!

Immediately, I lowered its hitpoints, attempting to catch it. It was in the yellow, and one more hit would take it to the red to make it at the perfect point to catch. I got a critical, a catcher’s worst nightmare. My screen showed a message.

Gengar fainted.

Gengar wants his revenge.

Gengar just wanted to be loved.

Gengar will get his revenge

. .

. . .

Suddenly, the power went out, and my 3DS powered off as well. I felt a cold hand on my shoulder, yet no one was there. I felt his presence, and heard his curse.

“Your children, when you get married and have kids, will attack and get angry every time they see Pokémon, to be cursed with my hatred. They will do all of this because you didn't love me. You have been warned…”

To this day, I have yet to get married. In dates, I always explain that I don't want to have kids, for fear of the Gengar’s curse. I have yet to get married.

The False Chandelier

Have you ever been to a mansion before? I have, once. All I can say, is watch out for the chandeliers. If someone doesn't like you, they could drop one on you when you least expect. Sometimes, the chandelier will drop itself on you…

If a chandelier ever just looks very enticing, and pretty, LOOK AWAY FAST! I sound crazy, don't I? But I'm serious, if that chandelier seems to calm you down, that's the last thing you want to do. Mentally note it’s place in the ceiling. Is it hanging from a chain? Is the flame orange or blue? If it's hanging from nothing and it's flame is blue, take out your pokéball and send out either your own ghost Pokémon, or a dark type. Command your Pokémon to attack the chandelier.

And for all that is holy, do not get burned by it’s flames. If you so much as touch them, you risk wandering this world for the rest of eternity instead of going to poké-heaven. Worse, your body may be used as a puppet by this chandelier. Then your friends would disappear, one by one, while you watch as a lost soul, being tormented by the pain of your friends suffering the same fate as you. You didn't deserve this, neither did your friends.

Lastly, remember how all Pokémon say their own name? If you ever hear this specific name, either fight it with your ghost or dark Pokémon, or just run.

Run.

Run until you no longer hear the call of this Pokémon rushing towards you. Run until your body burns from exhaustion, and keep running. Throw a pokéball at this fiend then just run. The extra few seconds will save you. And just know, there are thousands of these monsters on this entire planet. Don't expect a happy afterlife if you get caught.

Fear the name,

Chandelure...

I told you so

"You're the older one, shouldn't you be the whole trying to calm me down Lily?" A short blonde boy with a backward cap on chuckled. The blonde haired girl who looked similar to him sighed. "Shut up. Let's just go." She rolled her eyes and followed the path towards Lavender Town, it was completely empty, not a soul in sight. The two walked into the empty town towards the tower. They thought it was empty until they both spotted a tiny grey fluffball the resembled a feline, it held a dull expressionless look. "Where do you think you're going?" The monotoned voice said. Lily's eyes darted towards the pokemon. "Y-you.. it... talked." "That's not the scariest thing you'll see today." It answered, "I'm gonna find a Gengar!" Ben said proudly ignoring his arrogance. The small pokemon shook its head. "Do you know what day it is you bigot?" Espurr murmured. "Yea, Friday the 13th! The best day to find a Gengar!" He said holding out his Pokeball. "You're not gonna find anything... They're gonna find you." Espurr answered.The two siblings looked at each other, but before they could say a thing the Espurr was gone. "Maybe.. we should listen---" and with that Ben opened the door to the tower without listening. She hurried after him into the tower. "Jeez, do you ever listen?!" The air was ice cold, in the distance were steps to the next floor. A Zubat zipped by Lily's hair like it was desperately flying away from something. "What...?" Her breath visible in the air. "This doesn't feel right, Ben. Let's go please.." She pleaded her eyes slightly filling with tears from the un-comfort. "I don't like.. this.." She whispered to herself. "Come on, I see something!" He hurried up the stairs but as she followed him she heard a thud. "Ben!? You ok?" As they got closer to the second floor it got darker and darker. "Ben, I can't see a thing. Where are you? I heard something..." She reached her hand out to grab him and a hand took hers. "Shhh..it's ok." Ben said. She felt relieved grabbing his small cold hand. Finally making it to the second floor she could barely make out his face in the pitch black. "Here, let me give us some light." She reached into her pocket and pulled out her Pokedex. "Don't," he replied quickly slapping the device from her hand. "What.. why--" She felt a drop hit her arm. It was warm... "Ew.." Quickly she picked up the fallen Pokedex which lit up their faces, it relieved Ben's face but... it revealed a gory scene of Ben's face peeled off and slapped onto the body of what looked like a Gengar. Blood dripped at its corners. Lily screeched and dropped the Pokedex, realizing she wasn't holding Ben's hand anymore. The light from the Pokedex revealed bodies all around the room without faces. Lily's scream echoed throughout the tower. "He found them..." Espurr said looking up at the tower.

• Like 1

Once upon a time there was a Gengar and he was very excited about the april 13th giveaway and it was april 12th second last day till the giveaway ended when he woke up that day he went to his laptop and he relized that his laptop was not there so he went to his neibhours his name was zubat so if they know what happend last so zubat said hello gengar morning yesterday night I saw some team shiny umbreon mount in your house last night if remember correctly I saw(Sableye team captain, Misdreavus, Trevenant )zubat said if you want to find your laptop you need to do a mini quest first you have to find Banette that creepy pokemon who you bully him live's in that hunted mansion next door good luck. so Gengar goes to the house and found Banette and he talks to him ahh it's you Gengar who always bully me Gengar I need your help Banette why Gengar says yesterday night my laptop was stolen and zubat next door said that Team shiny Umbreon mount took it Banette that's horrible now I have feeling for you but yesterday I saw some Team shiny Umbreon outside my house they were talking about some cave in that lake near our town Banette says since I have helped you can you not bully me anymore plz Gengar says sure Gengar heads to the lake Gengar goes into that cave where he had to battle a PokeBoss called Chandelure, Ganger says ahh a boss this will be easy after a while Gengar beats the boss Chandelure says since you have beaten me how can I help you Gengar says my laptop is stolen and there are 12 hours left till the giveaway ends can you tell me where team Shiny umbreon mount is Chandelure says I will tell you where their hideout is but be cearful they have really powerful boss sabelye so the cave is down you have to surf down and go right and you will find it Gengar says thanks.

Gengar surfs down and goes right Gengar says yes I have finally arrived here it seems like I have to beat this guard Espurr so I can go to their hideout after 1-hour Gengar beats Espurr Gengar says noo now there only have 6 hours till the giveaway ends Gengar goes into the cave and he sees sabelye he goes to talk to him and Sabelye says well well well isn't it Gengar that kid who bullies my friend and Banette comes Gengar says you, lied to me you helped me so I fall into your trap but I won't fall in your trap Gengar used hypnosis and used confuse ray Gengar takes the laptop from the desk and starts writing the story and Gengar says 30 more min I will be just in time after 25 min he finished the story now I just need to sumbit. Next day he wakes up goes on his laptop and he gets a message saying congrats you have won the giveaway.

**Lost gastly**

Sinnoh Tournament finals...... Its on April 13th

I have only 1 pokemon left now....hope my ghost will clear him

Go!!! Gengar use hypnosis on talonflame

Now use dream eatter

Oh!! No it woke up

OK! Buddy use shadow ball

"**Opponent** : Talon use brave bird "

Talonflame fainted gengar wins......

Yes!! I won tournament

Thanks alot buddy we won hahaha take rest

Its night i'm about to sleep i'm thinking about my journey with gengar

It was cloudy night in eterna Forest. Me and my piplup were preparing dinner.at that time I was so hungry and I was hurry to prepare food but soon it rained . we went into our camp. That night was full of storm with thunder . My piplup is so scared when she heard sound of thunder . we didt sleep .....it was like hell

Morning ! we went to find fruits to eat . My shinx and starly helped me . we back to our journey . We were crossing Forest and I heard a weird voice of pokemon in bushes . I was checking and I found a seriously injured gastly . He was in stage of dying...I picked him in my hands and he was unable to move .

I'm running to pokemon center. While I'm taking gastly a team galactic grunt stopped me and he tried to steal my pokemons but me brave starly defeated him in a great way. Its too late gastly was in unconscious and pokemon center is too far. Later we found a house and old women she know how to take care pokemons. She told us bring some berries in hills but those hills are dangerous . we were in middle of hill some zubats and golbats were sleeping we were walking slowly we about to close them but I made a mistake by crushing leaves with my leg . they woke up started attack on us and my starly takes charge used brave bird .

Starly is tried I called back him. We reached to berries trees. We were back to house. We gave berries to old women she cured gastly . soon we became good friends but starting gastly was so sad about his friends and family. It was our first gym battle we lost it but gastly didn't lose his hope he trained without me. I encouraged him and trained him. We asked for a rematch . my gastly won his team one handed and we were closing to each other gastly shines I was shocked and it evolved to haunter . we won many battles and players but he had loses though . we learn from our mistakes. Now we are sinnoh champions.....

Do you you know who I am?

I'm yellow from vermilion city. Unova region I'm coming

The old graveyard was starting to break apart, but it looked well enough as any to set up. Alpha and Zoda set the recorder on the ground between them and scanned the darkened cemetery with their Illumise. There wasn't a sign of a caretaker as the only sounds were the random Gastlys.

"Turn it on and let's start," Alpha said. Zoda started recording, and Alpha began asking questions out loud.

"Is there anyone with us tonight?" Nothing filled the silence except a slight screeching from somewhere behind the stones. Disturbed, Alpha asks next.

“Tell us your name?" Again, the screeching.

"Can you show yourself?" The Screeching intensified.

"Probably a ghost poke afraid of being caught?" asked Alpha. The screeching stopped, but the atmosphere suddenly seemed thick and malevolent. None of the two could have anticipated what happened as the shadow behind them rose. The darkness swooped down and engulfed them until neither one could see the other, and just as suddenly, a scream in the dark followed by the silence in it.

The next morning when the old caretaker showed up, he found the recorder laying on the ground in front of the tombstone. He turned it on, and in the silence that followed each of Alpha’s questions, he heard distorted voices….no, whispers of high intensities.

"Yes...I am always here."

“Mis….dreavus. Will you play with me?"

"I'll show myself, but it is the last thing you'll ever see..."

"YOU WILL NEVER TRAP ME!"

The caretaker quietly threw the recording in his stash of other old and dusty recorders as the he looks around to see the raggedy pokemon giving him a dark smile before vanishing in the dark.

• Like 1

Okay all the PM's of story submissions have been posted. Within this post I will be posting links to every story which is not within the 500 word submission. I am excluding titles from this word count.

[spoiler=Stories that need fixed or they are Disqualified]

Submission by Ajaykrs

Submission by aniljain

Submission by MainRoselia

Submission By Name Withheld

All other submissions as of this post are within the correct word requirements. Those who are in the spoiler will all receive a PM from me about their story and what needs to be fixed in order for their story to qualify for the event.

If anyone is interested in knowing which word counting program I am using I am using this website - https://wordcounter.net/

We have reached the 3rd reward tier so first place will get 4 cc's.

Edited by Spacemuffin

Balloon's curse

There was an old man who always showed up at every festival that Sinnoh celebrates. He said he used to be a balloon seller when he was younger, and now he gives balloons to children and adults for free to make them happy. Everyone looks so happy when they are given one, but they don't know that they will be marked if they get a balloon from the old man.

If you lose your balloon during the festival, even if it was an accident, that balloon will turn into a Drifloon, and it will follow you to your home. When midnight hits, the Drifloon will wake you up and say:

- I am the balloon you lost hours ago. I was given to you so I could make you happier during the festival. Your only job was to bring me back safe to your home, then I would have disappeared. But you left me go, and you now will be cursed!

No one would ever take this seriously coming from a Drifloon, right? As cute as they are, they can't be a threat...

But a dark portal suddenly opens, and the Drifloon will drag you inside of it. He will take you to the old man, who will reveal himself as a Drifblim, and he will then decide which punishment you will be given. If you have luck on your side, you will be reborn as a Drifloon, helping the shiny Drifblim to spread the curse around the world. But chances are, that you will end up being dragged to the afterlife. Whatever may happen, it is known that you will be erased from other people's memories.

But, there is a way to remove the curse: you have to inflict to another human that same curse. If the person you have cursed comes back as a Drifloon, you return to be your old self. However, people's memories won't return.

A special egg is given to that person who got free of the curse. When it hatches, a shiny Drifloon will come from it, being your partner for the rest of your life. It will be happy around you, after all, it didn't take part with Drifblim's curse. But everytime you look at it, despite the good times you get with it, you will remember all of those people that you dragged to their death.

Up to this day, the "old man" is still giving baloons to innocent people all over Sinnoh, but I told you the truth behind him. You can believe me and spread the word or call me a liar, I won't judge you. Let's go to the next city, Drifloon.

*shiny sounds*

- Drifloon!