April 13th 2018 - Friday 13th Story Event

The Gengar

It was a cold night in Eterna City, my friends and I were having a party for beating the second gym; something that took us months worth of training. It was 01:34AM in the morning, the party took place in a cabin that we rented near the Eterna forest. Inside the cabin, the only people that were left was Hugo with his lovely Piplup, James with his incredible Chimchar and me, Glunarr, with my strong Turtwig. The three of us know each other since 2 years old. We were best friends who just started out our adventure and our goals were to beat the Elite Four, then progress to the Champion and then head on to Unova region. We were standing in front of the fireplace as James' chimchar helped us to light a fire when suddenly, we heard a strange noise coming through the backdoor. Our pokemon sprinted towards the backdoor while we run behind them to see what it was going on. The backdoor was half open, we stood still completely whiten out from fear when suddenly Hugo's Piplup found a note in the backdoor. I read the note as my friends were so afraid that they could not move. The note said "The sleep of reason produces monsters". The three of us closed the backdoor and barricaded the whole exits in the entire house. After barricading ourselves inside the house, it wasn't long untill James saw some big scary red looking eyes staring at us from the front window. We were so afraid that we started crying from fear when suddenly, my pokedex started making weird noises as it has seen a new pokemon. I was so afraid to look at the pokedex untill turtwig grabbed it from my pocket and gave it to me. The pokedex said "New entry in the pokedex, number 000". Hugo then opened his pokedex in order to search for that entry but nothing seemed to appear. We went to the second floor only to use the internet so that we can find usefull information about the cabin that our party took place. It wasn't long enought untill we came across a police report saying that the specific cabin was haunted from a Gengar that had killed his trainer for dumping it at the basement. It was the moment that we knew that we were going to die. The lights went off, we couldn't see anything but thankfully my Turtwig knew flash which helped us find the exit. Our goal was to find the exit and then destroy the door using our pokemons. We started moving towards the hall untill we came a cross a shadow-looking creature. The creature could be recognized as the trainer that had been killed whispering "There in no way out from the nightmare". Furthermore, James passed out and so did I and the second I woke up, I had a headache and I was alone. I stood up trying to figure out where was I, but I could not remember a thing. I started crying so loud untill my friends came running to me saying that we got to leave the place. We were walking when that Gengar appeared screaming "ALL TRAINERS MUST DIE". We started panicking when Hugo said "Guys, Gengar is right. Maybe we should die". We said "Are you nuts? Hugo please wake up. Gengar is using you!" then hugo replied "Gengar knows more than us, we need to go with it." and suddenly Gengar devoured Hugo right withing our eyes. I cannot remember a lot, there was blood everywhere. James and I starting running away from that Gengar. We found the backdoor open, it was when James said to me "Go we need to run, forget our pokemon and Hugo, we need to run" and then we went off. We were running in the Eterna forest screaming for help but nothing was to be seen, only trees and mountains. After a while, James and I saw Hugo. "Hugo is that you?" I said but Hugo did not replied, James screamed at him "HUGO PLEASE WAKE UP" and rushed to him when Gengar appeared and killed James in front of my eyes. I was so panicked that I could not breath. It was when Gengar whispered to me "All trainers must die". I could see a weird aura around Gengar, "What is that?" I said and Gengar replied "I am feeding from your fear and your friends death" "What do you want from me? You took everything, my pokemon, my friends, everything" I said and Gengar said "I want you!". After that, there was a silence and thinking that I was about to die, I said "Oh god, please protect my family and tell them that I love them." Gengar starting coming closer and closer untill it was right in front of me when suddenly James' and Hugo's spirit appeard saying "Leave him alone, take us forever with you, take us into your void!" and then Gengar disappeared. My friends came close to me saying "We will never forget you Glunarr, you were amazing. We will always protect you!" I said "Please, wake up; with tears coming out of my eyes." It was then that they disappeared, never to be seen again. I started running toward the exist while I was crying when suddenly I found the exit and head on to Eterna City.

10 years later, here am I, in Eterna forest feeling sorry that I could not save my friends. "I am so sorry guys, I will never forget that you went to the void so that Gengar will not have to kill me." It was afternoon and about time that night came when suddenly James's and Hugo's figure appeared, touching my shoulders. It is something that I will never forget in my entire life.

The end.

Written by,

Glunarr

This is my signature.

pokemon_signature__boxed_by_rainingknote-d6qs3m5.png

|YouTube|

Name: Harry | IGN: Glunarr | Hobbies: Gaming, Editing | Age: 18 | Location: Greece

If you have any questions, please send me a private message and we can talk there.

Also, I know how to customize Discord Servers. If you are interested customizing your server, be sure to message me.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gengar: Oh, so glad you two could make it!

Pumpkaboo: (sarcastically) Yeah, it's only ten past nine!

Espurr: Um, why are we even here?

Gengar: Oh come on, it's only natural for us to go to a large, creepy house on a day as supernatural as Friday the 13th. Come on in, I set up a pit for us to tell spooky stories and everything.

Pumpkaboo: Did you seriously drag us out into a haunted house on Friday the 13th just to tell us a campfire tale?

Gengar: (a grin spans Gengar's entire face) Maybe. Who knows?

[The atmosphere gets worse as they near the pit]

Gengar: Mind if I tell mine first?

Espurr and Punkaboo: Fine.

Gengar: Excellent. Mind if I borrow your phone?

I just need to quickly, set up the atmosphere.

[Creepy music starts playing]

<clears throat>This old, rotting abode wasn't always abandoned you know. Way back when, a couple used to live here. It was a most peaceful time. They had but one kid, and his life seemed to be just as normal as any kid from back then: Toys to play with, friends to be there, and the love of his parents. But, times change, and the good life couldn't last. The 20s roared and the 30s fell, and this family would come to an untimely end. Young boys were furious at the family, as they had full stomachs and lots of money, a luxury they could never have. They planned to take that from them, one way or another. On the night of a Friday the 13th, very similar to this one, the boys revolted, and stormed the house. The Family could do little to the enraged mob. They found the couple, and did...

[he pauses for a sec, then speaks angrily, almost yelling] unSPEAKABLE things to them!

Espurr: Arceus have mercy!

Gengar: Shh, no speaking. (he takes a breath) The couple didn't survive, and the kid they loved so much, now a teen, cried "Mom?! Dad?!" The workers, still furious, grabbed the son and beat him up! Rather than outright killing him, they picked the boy up and made their way to the top of the house. The boy yelled "You'll pay for this. Everyone, shall, paaaaaa-" but it was too late. They threw him off the roof, and SPLAT!

Espurr and Punkaboo: <gasp>

Gengar: A tragic tale, really. They say that boy came back as a Gengar, and still haunts this place to this day, taking any unsuspecting kids that dare come here, and KILLING THEM AS REVENGE!!

Espurr and Punkaboo together: AHH!

Gengar: <chuckes>

Punkaboo: (scared) w-wait, there's still one question...

Gengar: Oh?

Espurr: Yeah, is that Gengar... real?

Punkaboo: a-and if he is, does he want to kill us?

Gengar: (cuckles) well, if you're so curious...

[Gengar floats over to the phone and shuts it off rather, than just turn off the music]

...why don't you ask him yourself?! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Espurr and Punkaboo together: AAAHHHHHH

AHAHAHAHAHA. AHA HA HAAAA!

Darkness seems to demand a certain kind of respect. Those who fear and respect it’s demands tend to live simple, long lives. For those who don’t, nothing is guaranteed. The more darkness claims of something, the more strict these demands become. And thus it is that the tunnels and caverns deep within the Earth are only occupied by the evilest of creations, or those too ignorant to respect them.

A bright, white light exposed the inner working of one of these cavern systems. The cone of light, being emitted from a PokeDex in the hand of a man, revealed the smooth stalagmites and the damp, uneven walls. Water dripped from the ceiling and created two large pools of water with a narrow way of slippery, cold stone between them.

A man strode slowly down this makeshift path, head dropped low, barely even concerned for the possible threats that might be lurking abound. There was something odd about him, for he did not seem afraid of the dangers held therein, but was not continuing forward through courage or hope. He held an aura of defeat, of solitude, of shattered dreams once sought for. I would describe his clothing, but it would not matter. I would describe his complexion, but it would only waste words. I would describe his eyes, but there was nothing left but blackness.

Eventually, the man wandered into a dead end, with no way to continue forward. After a long moment, with nothing but the drips of the water into the lifeless pools to break the otherwise overwhelming silence, the man turned away from the cavern wall. Facing the path in which he came, he dropped to his knees, turned off his light, and laid it next to him. Before too long, two shiny gems appeared just before him, somehow making a slow descent upon the man, stopping short not more than 5 feet away. With a long, dejected breath, the man whispered to himself, “I’m ready.” He raised his head and met the shining gemstone eyes of the Sableye in front of him.

Those who respect the darkness, live long and simple lives. Those who do not fear and respect it, often find themselves troubled by the entities held within. Those who search out the darkness, are the most troubled of all, for they themselves contain a portion of that darkness, and sometimes it is too much to return from, and what day could there be better to abandon all hope than on Friday the 13, when the darkness consumes all.

I went to the pumpkin patch to pick some pumpkins to make jackolanterns. I know it's April, but I live in Lavender Town and it's Halloween all year there. The pumpkin I picked looked kind of funny. I took out my carving knife and began making the Jack O'Lantern. Then I put the jack o'lantern on my front porch.

The next day the police came to my house and arrested me for Pokemon abuse. How was I to know that the pumpkin I got at the pumpkin patch was actually a hibernating pumpkaboo? Winter had come much earlier than usual that year.

After I was released from prison and went back home the jack-o'-lantern was still there. I tried to get rid of it but it always reappeared on my front porch the very next day. I got arrested two more times before the police realized it was the same Pokemon that I had inadvertently killed on Friday the 13th rather than a new victim. It was a horribly traumatic experience and I will never look at pumpkins the same way again.

It was dark by the time I realized I was late getting home. I knew at that point I had to take a shortcut in order to be somewhat on time. The only option I had for a shortcut was through the nearby woods. Walking alone through the woods was never a good idea, but I felt confident I wouldn't be spending long in the woods. It was a clear night at least, with a bright sky that could help illuminate my path.

While in the dark woods, I realized that there was a presence nearby me. I could feel my spine tingling, an eery feeling of being watched creeped through my body. My eyes darted back and forth as I looked around for someone. I spotted nothing nearby, but the feeling remained. Suddenly, I heard the snapping of twigs behind me. I quickly picked up my pace, looking back to see nothing again. My feet moved as fast as they could to get me away from whatever it was that I heard. The presence remained around me, the feeling that someone, or something, was following me, watching me. It took awhile, but finally I could see the light illuminating the edge of the forest. It was still a little ways ahead, but relief flooded through me to see the exit to these woods. That's when I felt the pressure on my back, the light trailing of fingers running from my neck down. It was so sharp, and sudden, I immediately stopped in tracks. Paralyzed with fear, I felt like there was nothing I could do. My breathing intensified, and became shallow. Slowly I turned around, face to face with a wild Haunter. Something was different though, the tongue was a different shade. It's eyes pierced through me, a cold sweat ran down my body. I realized I had no Pokemon with me to defend myself. Everything faded around me as I blacked out. I awoke in a cold sweat. Nightmares like that have haunted me ever since that fateful night. I will never walk alone in the woods again on a Friday the 13th...

Once, there was a small town, the town was full of trainers aand their pokemon. There was a gengar owned by a young trainer , both of them used to love each other. At 13th of april friday , at the night time the young trainer was sleeping at his home but his gengar was still not sleeping. He was roaming here and there with his red eyes shining in the dark..... The young trainer woke up to drink water but what he saw... The gengar was not there at his usual place. The young trainer decided to search gengar in the home itself, when he went near the kitchen he was able to see only the red shining eyes .The boy was scared , he was not able to say anything , he didnt know it was his gengar. So the boy called out his greninja for help but the gengar outspeed it and faint it by thunderbolt. Now the young trainer switched on the lights and identified that its his gengar not any ghost. At the same time all citizens gathered at his home by listening the noises came from his home. The boy told everything to them , the citizens discussed and decided that this gengar is dangerous for the people of the region so it should be away from the town. The gengar did nothing wrong it was just a misunderstanding of the trainer who attacked his own poke without knowledge. The trainer tried to make them understand but they not understood. The gengar was left in a dark forest away from the town. After some hours in the midnight the red shining eyes came to every home in the town except the young trainer to take revenge for throwing it in the dark forest without valid reason. The gengar came near the people who were sleeping ,it touched them and when they wake up and see the red eyes they get scared and shout loudly. Then the gengar told how he felt in the dark forest will be felt by the people of the town now . The people regretted but the gengar was raged in anger. All the people came out of their homes. Now steps of gengar was coming towards the crowd , as the gengar was coming near them it was having electric waves around it seems it was about to give them a thunderbolt and then attack them with shadow ball. All the people knew its special attack power, they were frightened they thought the gengar will kill them , they pleased the gengar , they were sorry to gengar . But the steps of gengar were not stopping at the same time the young trainer came and was going near the gengar, the people told him not to go near it. But the boy looked straight in the red eyes of gengar and went to him. The gengar stopped for a minute and asked the boy "Do you also think i was harming you?" the boy replied "No my dear gengar , the people of the town misunderstood you please forgive them for me" The gengar stopped his anger and warned the people not to mess up again with it otherwise...... they know well how worse it can be.

The end

by Shikhar

'The Flames of a Candle'

Ever since I started watching the Pokemon anime, ghost-type pokemons interested me a lot. Ecruteak gym-leader Morty was one of my favorite gym leaders. Gradually I too started hunting and training my own ghost type pokemon team as I play PRO.

Among then my favorite pokemon was Chandelure. I knew I just had to catch a pvp potential Litwick in order to complete my ghost team.

Eventually I did all the research I needed before hunting down my epic Litwick. Including finding the spot where Litwick spawns and getting a membership in order to access Lavender Town-underground.

Proceeding towards the underground was pretty difficult as I did not look at the guide, but eventually I did manage to make it there, and began hunting.

I had lavender city music playing on background as I hunted, just to give me spooky vibes.

But what happened next was something I could never forget.

It was almost 3hrs and Im still hunting, The clock was showing 02:45.

"One more Litwick encounter"

What I was saying to myself.

When finally I encountered my last Litwick for the night. I opened my bag and waited till the lag wears off. The lag was pretty normal when hunting but all of a sudden my whole pc shut down. Got pretty disappointed and did not bother turning on my computer again.

I got into my bed and turned the lamp lights off. When all I could hope and imagine is that at least one of the Litwicks I've caught turns out good.

Almost about to fall asleep and that's when all of a sudden my pc turned on automatically. I flinched a little bit and got confused. Why will my pc turn on all of a sudden. And what haunted me the most was hearing the lavender town music again.

I quickly get back to my computer desk and inspect what's going on. And that's when I see that Litwick I couldn't catch at the end was still there!

So many questions were flowing through my mind. Why hasn't pro shut down? Why did the pc even auto start?

Suddenly I hear a familiar noise coming from the hall room, a very familiar sound.

A sound which I was expecting while hunting tonight. I gave it a good thinking and recalled its the same sound Litwick makes.

I was pretty sure I'm just helucinating stuffs. Maybe I'm just too tired and all. But the moment I took a look in curiosity I couldn't believe my eyes.

I see a burning candle in the dark and the moment I came it disappeared.

Completely losing my mind in that moment I lost conscious. Waking up in my bed in that morning got me thinking all must've been a dream.

But finding my computer still turned on and seeing the monitor having the PRO log in screen gave me a shiver down my spine.

Edited by Alain30
Alain301forumsize.png

Thursday, April 12nd

It was coldest rainy winter back in town, it was around -70C.I know it was April but seems that these winters never come to a stop, I was just driving home after long day of works. It was around 11pm; I still remember that every side of the street was full with candles that located nearly five meters apart so I decided to buy a pack of candles in convenience store, not sure like it was a sign. I was driving and found that people walking in this extreme cold weather rarely be seen, only four cars that I have encountered during my journey adding the silence and quietness of that night. Every time I came back home from work, I need to pass through the giant forest since my home is quite far from city. When I’m passing through, I got the strange feeling that there was a light shining from my left side window and disappear, I cant see it through because of the rain that starts pouring, out of curiosity i decided to take a photo using the camera app in my phone that can capture things in high definition. When I got home, I saw the clock pointing at 11:31pm, which is quite rare since I usually spend around one and half hour travelling. I decided to open my refrigerator and take a bottle of coke and some leftover chocolate that my son ate 2 day before. Suddenly, light went out, and since there is no generator in my house I need to take the candle that I just bough to bright the house. After I light the candle, I straight went up stair to bed because of exhaustion.

Friday, April 13rd

Precisely at 2:59 am, I woke up because of the really loud noise downstairs. I went down, and found that the house is on fire and realised that the candle is not a regular one but it’s a CHANDELURE. I hear it pretty clear and loud what it said to me, it would burn the house and the houses around it and burn every soul of the people that lives near here. I felt the extreme heat and feel like my body is burned, I kept running trying to find water, suddenly I tripped and realised that I just woke up from my bad dream. The strange thing that when I woke up I saw the clock pointing at 2:59am, and since then I didn’t want to see or use candle for the rest of my life.

Banette, The Possessed Toy

Kathy lived in the oldest part of a country where dark comes very soon and winter seems to never come to an end. She was born in one of the richest families of the town and due to this the rest of the children of that town never wanted to play with her. Kathy was alone, in her bedroom, without a thing to do. Suddendly, someone knocked on the door and with a weak voice Kathy gave permission to whoever was knocking the door.

Kathy's father came to the bedroom to tell her terrible news, her mother was suffering a terrible illness and she wanted to see her daughter one last time. Kathy came into the master's room where her mother was there, lying on the bed while the doctor was trying to make her to feel better.

-"There's nothing to do, Sir"- the doctor's said. While the doctor was talking to the head of the family Kathy came closer to her mother, she tenderly touched Kathy's face. "Mother, you are going to get well" Kathy's whispered to her mother but as the snow was falling the life of her mother fell as well.

Two days later after the tragedy, Kathy was in her long dark room, looking through the window looking down the rest of the children playing with the snow. The door softly opened and a maid came into the room with something in her hands.

-"Lady Kathy?" - the maid asked.

-"Yes, Cinthia"- She replied

-"This toy has your name and I come to bring it to you, Milady"-continued the maid. It was a dark old toy very similar to those clowns that the toy shop sells but with a strange smile in its face. At first, Kathy didn't want to play with the toy but little by little it will become one of her best friends. She started to spend much more time with her new toy, she recovered the smile on her face but little by little she forgets about the people around her. They were very close friends until she contracted the same illness than her mother. Lying in the bed without giving signals of life Kathy talked to her toy as if it had life.

"Take me with you" "Take me to a world where happiness exist" She hugged her doll giving her last breath "You are me and I am you B-A-N-E-T-T-E" as the girl pronounced her last words the sun went off and the snow began to fall "Forever we will be one".

Kathy's father came into the room and saw her daughter lying in the bed without life, he took the toy and looked the face of that terrifying puppet when he looked closer a strange shiny came from one of the eyes of that puppet, frightened by that he throw that puppet away without knowing that her daughter's soul was in there.

From that day on Banette is looking for a new way to return home.

Edited by Hbuendia