Mt. Pyre Exterior Bug

Aldor

Hi,

I've battled these damn trainers on the exterior, all of which give 0 exp and 0 gold, half a dozen times. The farthest I've made it is, according to this link, is the guy with the lvl 42 Flygon and lvl 43 Honchkrow.

Every time I leave to heal my pokémon, whether it be through "blacking out", or going back inside the Mt. Pyre interior to pay $2,500, I need to defeat all the NPCs again from the very first one. Last time I tried to go through, I ended up using 10 revives and died in the end. I've spent $10,000 healing. This glitch is causing me an extreme loss of $$$ and patience. It is impossible for me to make it to the top if I can't heal my pokemon in between....

I've left the area and returned without healing, and this glitch doesn't happen. It seems to only happen when I heal my pokémon.

Is there some way you can solve this for me? Also is it possible for me to get my $25,000 in lost items & useless heals back?

If I can't progress then I will have to quit the game.. can't go any further.

Thanks,

Aldor

If you want video proof I'm sure I could download something to record my screen too, but I don't have the patience to do that after spending an hour trying to bypass this stupid glitch.

Hi,

I've battled these damn trainers on the exterior, all of which give 0 exp and 0 gold, half a dozen times. The farthest I've made it is, according to this link, is the guy with the lvl 42 Flygon and lvl 43 Honchkrow.

Every time I leave to heal my pokémon, whether it be through "blacking out", or going back inside the Mt. Pyre interior to pay $2,500, I need to defeat all the NPCs again from the very first one. Last time I tried to go through, I ended up using 10 revives and died in the end. I've spent $10,000 healing. This glitch is causing me an extreme loss of $$$ and patience. It is impossible for me to make it to the top if I can't heal my pokemon in between....

I've left the area and returned without healing, and this glitch doesn't happen. It seems to only happen when I heal my pokémon.

Is there some way you can solve this for me? Also is it possible for me to get my $25,000 in lost items & useless heals back?

If I can't progress then I will have to quit the game.. can't go any further.

Thanks,

Aldor

Hey @Aldor,

Im sorry for inconvenience.

First of all, this is not a bug - it is intended that you have to start all over again when you take a visit to a Poké Center or leave this aeria at all. The difficulty in this quest is to beat all those trainers in one rush. You may have to think over your strategy or train your Pokémon a bit more, you may havent visited Route 123 yet (South to Mt. Pyre) where some strong trainer are waiting for you. Also battling skipped trainer may help you to make your Pokémon stronger and the quest easier.

Kind regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution

Hey @Aldor,

Im sorry for inconvenience.

First of all, this is not a bug - it is intended that you have to start all over again when you take a visit to a Poké Center or leave this aeria at all. The difficulty in this quest is to beat all those trainers in one rush. You may have to think over your strategy or train your Pokémon a bit more, you may havent visited Route 123 yet (South to Mt. Pyre) where some strong trainer are waiting for you. Also battling skipped trainer may help you to make your Pokémon stronger and the quest easier.

Kind regards Xylos

I've literally skipped 0 trainers, have a membership and have used a +25% EXP boost through the whole game.

I read in another post that you can simply log out before the battle starts and skipped it using this exploit.

There should be a warning to prevent people from wasting tens of thousands of $ trying to beat this, only to have to restart. It makes no sense.

Also, the difficulty is too high. Something like that would be fine if we were able to evolve our pokemon before level 100, but with the current exp system, you would have to be an idiot to evolve anything before level 99/100. With this in mind, an opponent's evolved pokemon with half your level will often outclass you in speed, and one shot you due to the stat differences.

Something of this high caliber difficulty would be fine if the experience system wasn't completely out of tune in this game, but with the way the game is now, Mt. Pyre seems impossibly hard without exploiting in-game mechanics. I hope your team will listen to what I'm saying and keep this in mind.

Thanks.

TLDR:

Either inform the players before hand or decrease the difficulty/number of trainers or fix the experience issues with evolving your pokemon. Also, gaining experience for these fights would be greatly appreciated! What is the point of such a hard struggle with no reward? It's just ludicrous.

I've literally skipped 0 trainers, have a membership and have used a +25% EXP boost through the whole game.

I read in another post that you can simply log out before the battle starts and skipped it using this exploit.

There should be a warning to prevent people from wasting tens of thousands of $ trying to beat this, only to have to restart. It makes no sense.

Also, the difficulty is too high. Something like that would be fine if we were able to evolve our pokemon before level 100, but with the current exp system, you would have to be an idiot to evolve anything before level 99/100. With this in mind, an opponent's evolved pokemon with half your level will often outclass you in speed, and one shot you due to the stat differences.

Something of this high caliber difficulty would be fine if the experience system wasn't completely out of tune in this game, but with the way the game is now, Mt. Pyre seems impossibly hard without exploiting in-game mechanics. I hope your team will listen to what I'm saying and keep this in mind.

Thanks.

TLDR:

Either inform the players before hand or decrease the difficulty/number of trainers or fix the experience issues with evolving your pokemon. Also, gaining experience for these fights would be greatly appreciated! What is the point of such a hard struggle with no reward? It's just ludicrous.

Hey @Aldor,

sorry for the late response.

Yes, it is possible to log out an login in order to skip trainers but that is not the way how it is intended to solve the quest. Not only the Pokémon´s level does matter, also your strategy and knowledge of Pokémon at all is needed. It is definitely hard, never said something different but yet everyone has pass throught the mountain, even when it was hard.

Also, there is a warning at the start of the quest:

CsAFQtA.png

The EXP System will remain how it is, of course it is efficiency to not evolve your Pokémon but when your are stuck you may have to do it as you need the strenght of them, you can still pass through the story with evolved Pokémon and even if they are evolved, you can still level them faster as in the original games until a certain level were you can cheat and use some Rare Candys.

I can understant your feelings regarding the quest, I also had to invest much more time in this quest compared to other quests and was very angry when a grunt thought to crit me 3 times in a row ;) But it is intended to be hard like that, PRO is harder than the original games and was always planed to be. I know you can do it! Take your time, think about a strategy, train your Pokémon or think about to add a mon to your team, it is definitely doable. :)

Kind regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution