Ability changer

Darksun20

Once mega get launch.... Does ability even matters anymore??

Considering the few Pokemon that actually have a Mega Evolution, of course it matters.

The abilities of Pokemon without Mega Evolution are like 97% of the Pokedex.

Does it hurt PRO though, that's the question.

Does it hurt PRO? Well, in a sense yes.

What I mean by that is, Pokemon with 2 abilities where one is for example: Klutz, can be changed to their only other ability and no longer rendering them useless.

This drives down the value of alternative Pokemon caught with the other ability. Buneary, Gollett and Woobat as examples.

The list goes on of Pokemon with only really 1 viable primary ability.

The suggestion is made by someone wanting their personal Pokemon changed because of the frustration it has caused, not by something which will benefit PRO overall, which I think it won't.

This is merely my observation and of course I'm outnumbered in my opinion. :EeveeShy:

• Like 1
WT76FErWT76FEr

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No way does my idea hurt PRO. The regular games had Ability Capsules and they helped alot. Some pokemon have dual abilities that are viable, and say you want that mon with the other ability but you already have that poke, well you can just change the ability instead of hunting for another one. Plus Vivillion's random ability is really dumb. I just wasted months and months of hunting for an epic Scatterbug in headbutt trees everyday because it didn't get the ability that gives it the niche of almost 100% accurate Hurricane, which could be easily fixed if ability capsules were in the game. But they aren't so I'm stuck with a Viv that won't be used.

As long as the ability Capsule doesn't work for H.A abilities whatsoever then I don't see a reason not to implement one if it's just a straight +

-1 from me tho, think its just way to powerful.

12124124.png.a9ca649c7c911546604fd9055517a0f3.png

Check Out My Shop; Click Me

I Am Strong Because I've Been Weak. I Am Fearless Because I've Been Afraid. I Am Wise Because I've Been Foolish.

IGN: Pelfie - Shiny Wild OT Count: 54 - Guild: Fluffy Nation - Game Time: +2200Hrs - Server: Silver

Which is only applyed on Legendary pokemon's. Which is the reason as to why they are only applied to those arc types. Doubt i'm alone on this, just my opinion.

I Am Strong Because I've Been Weak. I Am Fearless Because I've Been Afraid. I Am Wise Because I've Been Foolish.

IGN: Pelfie - Shiny Wild OT Count: 54 - Guild: Fluffy Nation - Game Time: +2200Hrs - Server: Silver

-1 For me aswell.

It doesnt add anything to the game. Not helpful at all. I will always be against people who wants more & more things gifted to them. If you want to play a more casual game, almost any game on the internet will be good for you.

If you really want an other good poke with a different ability, why not just hunt one like you did for the first one ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a nice day !

Nahyun ;)

1534018533-sign.png

-1 For me aswell.

It doesnt add anything to the game. Not helpful at all. I will always be against people who wants more & more things gifted to them. If you want to play a more casual game, almost any game on the internet will be good for you.

If you really want an other good poke with a different ability, why not just hunt one like you did for the first one ? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Have a nice day !

Nahyun ;)

Not you again.

First of all, most of the changes made to this game that got implemented were suggestions from the community, big or small a lot of them got implemented.

Second of all, I enjoy this game, so I'd like to see changes made. What's wrong with that?

3rd of all, because to make life easier. How is it any different than say changing a spawn to make a pokemon easier to catch? or making mounts and bikes rideable somewhere? it's just the little things sometime can make a difference, small changes should be welcome and if it's a straight + and no issues with balance then I don't see anything wrong with it. If you don't like it fine, but don't make accusations towards me.

Which is only applyed on Legendary pokemon's. Which is the reason as to why they are only applied to those arc types. Doubt i'm alone on this, just my opinion.
You couldn't even do that until gen 7 in regular games. And since then it's been a broken mechanic in the game. It's an inherently broken mechanic for legendaries.

Ability Capsules are on a much smaller scale, and they worked to change H.A to non H.A in regular games, but didn't change to H.A. I don't see anything wrong with just changing just a primary ability. It's not like I'm asking to change to H.A, I'm aware that would be broken as heck.

Still think its a way to powerful thing to have access to no matter how you spin it. Sure as a player i'd love it but seeing it as a whole picture not so much. And lets be honest here, the issue lies more towards the ability to change the shiny abilitys, which in itself is a massive change.

Anyway's, hopefully you can somewhat see my point of view here.

Does it hurt PRO? Well, in a sense yes.

What I mean by that is, Pokemon with 2 abilities where one is for example: Klutz, can be changed to their only other ability and no longer rendering them useless.

This drives down the value of alternative Pokemon caught with the other ability. Buneary, Gollett and Woobat as examples.

The list goes on of Pokemon with only really 1 viable primary ability.

The suggestion is made by someone wanting their personal Pokemon changed because of the frustration it has caused, not by something which will benefit PRO overall, which I think it won't.

This is merely my observation and of course I'm outnumbered in my opinion. :EeveeShy:

I highly agree with this statement.

It does impact the pvp aspect as well, and can be abused. Look at Chansey if this was implemented and you caught a godly serene grace Chansey all you have to do is change its ability and poof. Godly pvp poke. Or even Clefable with Cute Charm and Magic Guard. This idea in my own personal opinion only negatively impacts PRO. The only gain is it makes RNG like things less relevant.

With the Legendary argument. My defense to that is Legendaries can not be traded. They do not impact PRO outside of PVP/Bosses. They do not impact PRO's economy.

In summary, the way I see it the gains for this to be implemented do not outweigh the negatives for this. So, for me its a -1.

dp8w1z.jpg