Auction rules

Pitroipa

So what you're saying is, someone that offers the last bid 2 minutes before an auction ends wins the Pokemon because of a cooldown period? Nonsense.

Auctions run until the end time, anyone that gets the last bid wins, no ifs or buts.

Who cares about ethical reasons behind bidding, we all know what we are doing when we attempt to buy something with an expiry time. If you don't get the last bid it's your fault for not securing buying the Pokemon for the Insta / a price that won't be beaten in the closing moments.

Like I said earlier, I fully agree on a selling being forced to sell if someone has started the auction.

WT76FErWT76FEr

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what you're saying is, someone that offers the last bid 2 minutes before an auction ends wins the Pokemon because of a cooldown period? Nonsense.

Auctions run until the end time, anyone that gets the last bid wins, no ifs or buts.

Who cares about ethical reasons behind bidding, we all know what we are doing when we attempt to buy something with an expiry time. If you don't get the last bid it's your fault for not securing buying the Pokemon for the Insta / a price that won't be beaten in the closing moments.

Like I said earlier, I fully agree on a selling being forced to sell if someone has started the auction.

I think u get it wrong

I said if someone bids in the last seconds before ending i give other bidders the possibility/chance to bid aswell. They have additional 2 minutes after the last bid. In a live auction bidders have this possibility aswell. The auctioneer asks if someone wanna bid more. AFter that he is counting with his hammer and if no1 response to it the item is sold. What i said is similar to this. Someone could time until last second and win the auction which isnt fair because it has also to do with a bit luck. But adding this rule you have the chance to bid again as i said before so its similar to the asking and counting to the auctioneer during the auction.

I hope u get my point this time

greetings

Staff should add the possibilty for players to set an "automatick closing" for topic in trade forum.

This way, the topic will close by itself at the settled time, no more complain, no more "I was in time", no more problems.

it would be luck based and unfair imo. Everyone would watch server time and try to time it right to get last bid. And u dont have the possibility and the chance to bid again.

Explained in the post b4

Auctions should not be allowed to cancel just because the bids aren't good enough for the Auctioneer. This is a rule for selling and should be applied to auctions as either way you look at it's selling. And no auctioneer in RL just up and stops an auction just because they feel like it.

Edited by Darksun20
  • Like 2

I think u get it wrong

I said if someone bids in the last seconds before ending i give other bidders the possibility/chance to bid aswell. They have additional 2 minutes after the last bid. In a live auction bidders have this possibility aswell. The auctioneer asks if someone wanna bid more. AFter that he is counting with his hammer and if no1 response to it the item is sold. What i said is similar to this. Someone could time until last second and win the auction which isnt fair because it has also to do with a bit luck. But adding this rule you have the chance to bid again as i said before so its similar to the asking and counting to the auctioneer during the auction.

I hope u get my point this time

greetings

As a similar idea an auction could be made with the rule

"bid end after 24h without new offer" instead of "auction end 72h after 1st offer"

Right now people are waiting for the end of the auction which isn't fair for the early bidders

starting an auction 1m for a pokemon worth 3m makes no sense because outside of telling the seller that you are interested you get nothing out of this bid, you better wait the end of the auction to bid and avoid make the price raise.

With the rule "bid end after 24h without new offer" i think it could better converge to what the pokemon is really worth but is it allowed to make a rule like this on a PRO auction?

• Like 2

As a similar idea an auction could be made with the rule

"bid end after 24h without new offer" instead of "auction end 72h after 1st offer"

Right now people are waiting for the end of the auction which isn't fair for the early bidders

starting an auction 1m for a pokemon worth 3m makes no sense because outside of telling the seller that you are interested you get nothing out of this bid, you better wait the end of the auction to bid and avoid make the price raise.

With the rule "bid end after 24h without new offer" i think it could better converge to what the pokemon is really worth but is it allowed to make a rule like this on a PRO auction?

Thats similar to that what i said. The difference is the time. You said 24h without new offer. The system what u talking about is pretty much what i said. Close to the end of an auction i give the possibility and the chance that someone can make a bid. But the difference between me and yours is the time ^^. I give additional 5min to the bidders if someone offers in last second on that post. If nobody bids at the end the last person with the last bet wins.

I totally agree with you. And by making a start bid u avoid worthless bits already. Like lets say a pokemon is 3m worth and ur minimum(start bid) is already at 2m. So u wouldnt loose that much money and u can decide the start bid.

Greetings

Thats similar to that what i said. The difference is the time. You said 24h without new offer. The system what u talking about is pretty much what i said. Close to the end of an auction i give the possibility and the chance that someone can make a bid. But the difference between me and yours is the time ^^. I give additional 5min to the bidders if someone offers in last second on that post. If nobody bids at the end the last person with the last bet wins.

I totally agree with you. And by making a start bid u avoid worthless bits already. Like lets say a pokemon is 3m worth and ur minimum(start bid) is already at 2m. So u wouldnt loose that much money and u can decide the start bid.

Greetings

you didn't got exactly what i meant

what you said is for example 72h bid +5 min since last offer (i get that there can be a lot of +5 min)

what i say is 1st offer that isn't outbided within 24h win, so after start offer there is a 24h cooldown and everytime someone bid the cooldown is reset to 24h until an offer keep the CO for 24h in a row

By the way are you doing that rule on your bids already and do you know if it's allowed?

you didn't got exactly what i meant

what you said is for example 72h bid +5 min since last offer (i get that there can be a lot of +5 min)

what i say is 1st offer that isn't outbided within 24h win, so after start offer there is a 24h cooldown and everytime someone bid the cooldown is reset to 24h until an offer keep the CO for 24h in a row

By the way are you doing that rule on your bids already and do you know if it's allowed?

Nah i know what u mean. i just compared to mine. My english is a bit bad tho ^^.

And yeah im using it and did auctions like that a few times already

Greetings