Auction rules

Pitroipa

Yes they do, I'm not entirely sure what kind of auction house you was working in where a reserved bid didn't exist. It's a very common placehold in auctions globally. Providing the seller and auctioneer are both informed, which I said previously if you read my post.

This post stinks of buyers trying to get power in transactions.

Like I already said, no matter what rules are brought in, it benefits either the selling party or the buying party.

A buying party should NEVER have more power in trade than a seller. I see a lot of complaining but absolutely no suggestions on how to change it.

I know what you are trying to say, but as i said, auctions dont work like that, just expecific items(like pretty rare, expensive irl items) can have reserve price and i dont think that is needed at PRO at all

The unique thing seller should do is make a minimum bid, that is his power, after that he dont have any power if he have started the auction.

-If you want something, sometimes you need to take a risk.

1536143437126.png.429dfe87d8814e893da7f3739e194b84.png

• Like 1

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen reserve bids of less than £10 in the UK, it's a very common place-hold in auctions. I'd wager that 95% of auction sites in the UK have this. (This is however beside the point.)

I've not once suggested a reserve bid should be added on PRO, so your forum response states absolutely nothing constructive at all.

I have said that a minimum bid being met should force a seller to sell, this in turn would drive up minimum bids which doesn't counter who holds the cards in a trade.

PRO doesn't need some salty people dictating how the trading system should or should not work.

At the end of the day, if you bid on a forum post stating they have the right to not sell the Pokemon if the price isn't suitable to them, you know what you're getting into.

The other alternatives are:

- Don't bid on said auctions.

- Don't try undervalue something.

- Insta the said auction.

WT76FErWT76FEr

I've seen reserve bids of less than £10 in the UK, it's a very common place-hold in auctions. I'd wager that 95% of auction sites in the UK have this. (This is however beside the point.)

I've not once suggested a reserve bid should be added on PRO, so your forum response states absolutely nothing constructive at all.

I have said that a minimum bid being met should force a seller to sell, this in turn would drive up minimum bids which doesn't counter who holds the cards in a trade.

PRO doesn't need some salty people dictating how the trading system should or should not work.

At the end of the day, if you bid on a forum post stating they have the right to not sell the Pokemon if the price isn't suitable to them, you know what you're getting into.

The other alternatives are:

- Don't bid on said auctions.

- Don't try undervalue something.

- Insta the said auction.

I know, you have not suggested reserved bids, but you talked about it randomly some posts before.

I respect your opinion and I hope you respect mine.

Im not being salty im just giving my opinion and looks like you are not seeing that.

But I will not be here with offenses, I do not like it, and it shows lack of maturity.

I hope the conversation ends here, you gave your opinion and I gave mine.

It's just wait and see the opinion of the rest of the community.

Good luck, have fun.

Regards, Samurai

Edited by Samurai

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

So imo they have to change something

I can start an auction and 5minutes vefore it ends I cancel it and 10 minutes later I restart it. If auction works like that irl no wonder why our economy is rip and the iq decrease every day in this world. Pro should make own auction rules to have a balanced trade system. Atm its just trash and 90% of the community is sick of it.

Startbid = minimum amount of money he wants for the poke item.

If the only chance to get a poke safe in an auction is to insta it why is there even an auction? XD makes no sense.

F.e there was a guy who had an 650k offer for his poke and cancelled the auction and then he said he wont sell for less than 1m

Then he should set the startbid to 1m and everything is fine idk why it is so hard to understand how an auction should work

• 2 weeks later...

The starting offer of an auction should be a price the seller is comfortable with selling the pokemon for. If it gets bids after that, that's great. But if it does only get bid on 2 or 3 times you shouldn't be able to decline the offers. ITS LITERALLY THE PRICE THAT YOU SET. If you dont want to sell it for your starting offer, stop setting low starting offers to bait bidders. The auction rules are a joke.

• Like 2

The starting offer of an auction should be a price the seller is comfortable with selling the pokemon for. If it gets bids after that, that's great. But if it does only get bid on 2 or 3 times you shouldn't be able to decline the offers. ITS LITERALLY THE PRICE THAT YOU SET. If you dont want to sell it for your starting offer, stop setting low starting offers to bait bidders. The auction rules are a joke.

True.

The selling party should always hold more power in a trade than a buyer. The item that is being sold is theirs and theirs only until an agreement has been made.

The difference between the reversal which PreHax mentioned is:

A fake bid and retraction could have been accepted, the party fake bidding may not have the funds to pay the agreed price and has given the seller misinformation. That is against the rules.

A buyer reserving the right to not sell is nothing even similar to that.

It's just how it works in auctions in everything around the globe, why should PRO change this and give a buying person the right to whine and get a Pokemon sold to them for a price a seller isn't happy with?

That makes no sense, bud.

I dont agree with that. The seller wants to sell the pokemon so it wont be his anymore. The buyer should have more right than the seller. The guy that wants to sell it should add a minimum price and give it away to the aution. The seller doesnt get damaged because he can decides the min price of the poke. Anything above that price is profit for the seller. And the buyer/-s decides how much they want to pay like in a real auction. Doesnt matter if ebay or real/live auctions it is always this way. The idea of an auction is to put a minimum price so the seller is good with it. The good thing about the auction is that a buyer can make a good deal without paying the insta price. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense. U can put a insta price instead.

It could look like this:

Pokemon (Whatever)

Starting bid /Minimum price (that the seller wants at least to get out of this auction. The seller can decide this)

After someone agreed to pay the starting bid there should be a time which is also decided by the seller. for example 7 days after.

To avoid low and annoying bids u can add a minimum step bid. Lets say this is at least 100k. So it is not allowed to outbid 500k with 550k because it needs to be at least 600k.

Last but not least to keep it fair. When its close to auction end the seller should add a rule to avoid selling a few seconds before auction ending. This could be done with adding the rule that: Other bidders have (for example) 2mins to give a bit. If its not in time the pokemon is sold and the seller can´t decline, because he decided to sell the pokemon doesnt matter who gets it. So everyone have the chance/possibility to outbid the other in a fair way. The time is decided and everyone that is interested in that poke knows the ending time.

If you find any grammatical mistakes or misspellings keep it for you. Thank you :D

Greetings

• Like 1