Boss revamp discussion: Need your opinion

Leitah

Hi guys.

I started working on a new rework of the bosses, affecting a good amount of them. Most aspects are ready and are already written down somewhere however, I create this topic to ask for your opinion about those 3 subjects:

- Boss requirements (playtime, not having one poke in your team, ...)

- Difficulty (would you mind getting tougher, more challenging bosses but for the same rewards?)

- Cooldown (would you mind getting 4-5 days cooldowns, but with a lowered amount of rewards?)

I just want to know your opinion on those three points, you're completely free to go wild, no need to be constructive and use beautiful words to try to convince me of.. something, idk; i'll read every post with an equal amount of attention anyway. Say what you really think.

Please, don't talk about rewards and don't give me boss teams you built, I know how to build them myself don't worry.

I'll be keeping this thread open until around the end of the revamp, thank you :]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Boss requirements - keep same

- Difficulty - keep same - dealing with OHKO crits are hard enough

allow players to choose tiers of difficulty

higher difficulty higher prize

- Cooldown - keep same

Edited by Juruzu
  • Like 2

Boss Reqs: One thing I feel should be changed about this is how there is zero ramp up on boss requirements but rather garbage until you hit 200 hours for the most part and then a huge spike. Kind of feel that kills the player experience until they grind enough hours which i found miserable on two accounts to do.

Difficulty: I get cheesed enough by the RNG of this game, I wish I had clips of the nonsense I have had happen in boss fights for you to laugh your ass of at. If there was better rewards for some of them like Bruno and Jessie/James I would be down for them becoming harder.

Cooldown: Please no, having to fight a boss less times is better so I do not have to grind them more and lose what little free time I get already with my school life and etc hindering it.

LucarioSignature.gif.350c1b5461dad032ce9444ecf1edfdf8.gif

Check out my YOUTUBE if you like fun shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/c/McSchitter

Requirements: They have gotten to a ridiculous point in my opinion. Not allowing one pokemon is fine, not allowing multiple pokemon is silly. Change the boss team if it's drastically weak to one certain pokemon. Also, In general I think hours requirement can come down a peg as well. 200 hour req -> 175. 150 -->125, etc. in the time it takes someone to get that additional twenty five hours, realistically, they could have only battled that boss once or twice.

Difficulty - keep the same. I do not see the point in doing a more challenging boss for the same reward. I foresee it being demoralizing for a lot of longtime players who have to now work even harder to get the same outcome. If bosses get more challenging, then rewards should progress at the same rate. Also, as mentioned in earlier posts, dealing with Critical hits are ultimately what decides boss battles and they're already fairly devastating - making them stronger and/or removing our ability to use items will cause users (myself included) to get frustrated when something totally uncontrollable makes you lose out on them.

Cooldown - The only way I think a shorter cooldown would be beneficial is if the number of bosses got reduced fairly drastically (or, were cycled in and out for availability. Ex: this month, only these 20 bosses are available but theyre available every 4 days). Doing 50 boss battles every 4 days is way too much for even the most dedicated player. Reducing the cooldown for an even smaller reward makes them less valuable for players who cannot afford to log on frequently to keep up with their cooldowns.

Thanks for your hard work, Leitah.

• Like 9

good for some is not a secret that I had a bad experience with (Boss Guarian Entei) is it possible to add the idea that (Nikola) restart the desire every 2 Months?

another thing: the Legendary to Capture - They will not disappear until they leave the battle or be sent to the (PC) thus avoiding a disconnection and not being able to acquire the Legendary.

and to finish / instead of reducing the prizes / why not reduce the lapse time instead of 12 days to 7/8. encourage the player to face those challengers.

Another thing: the Boss should be qualified for their difficulty (rank1 / rank10) maybe.

remember that just as there are new players and veterans in (PRO).

Give me one Like if learn my idea ;)

• Like 2

Requirements: I'm far past all the requirements so its hard for me to say but I don't think there is a problem with me. The hours might be annoying for people who know what they are doing, but when I was learning the game I had plenty else to focus on and had to build up my teams before I could face bosses anyways so the reqs werent a problem. Bosses that just completely disallow a typing are annoying so if an alternative could be find I'd like that.

Difficulty: Bosses can be pretty easy, but they can also be pretty annoying to deal with depending on what mons you have available and your rng. And considering a big part of bosses is the 3rd win reward, making them harder and it more likely you just won't get the rewards you're doing the fight for in the first place does sound right. When I started bosses even the easiest ones were difficult for me, I think if difficulty got increased it would just basically poop on newer players. Making some bosses harder is okay, some are too easy for what they give, but making them harder across the board no.

Cooldown: When you have all the bosses even 12 days doesnt feel that long. Also I DEFINITELY would not want bosses to have lower rewards regardless of how often I could do them. More frequent just means I have to put in more time to them. Then theres also the fact that even if the cooldown were 6 days and we got half of what we got before, getting twice as much from 1 win just feels more rewarding than getting something two different times.

• Like 1
magmah6sx0.png

Boss requirements: Year more is fine

Difficulty: its okay. But a few of Bosses to easy.

Cooldown: is for me okay

Price: Why we dont have a Boss with a Chance on reroll Ticket. Maybe add to Super Boss. It is more difficult yet. And reroll price in the last time only in events... and this Bosses wasent strong.

bosses can be classified into stage 1,2,3

Requirements

stage 1 bosses are made to be easy, they are fine

pokes like snorlax and ferrothorn should be disallowed for stage 2,3

many players already show that most of the bosses can be beat by only 1 snorlax or ferrothorn

Difficulty

all's fine

since rewards won't be better

bosses are already max def, spdef & hp ev

Cooldown

please don't make shorter cooldown if the rewards won't be better

I'm already very busy with 4 days cooldown battle tower and 12 days cooldown 20+ bosses

edit:

pls make the 3 dog guardians give money 100%, even the amount is reduced

Edited by hahahaka