Is Malamar best defence Pokemon ever?

Pokemondzoto

Hi guys,

I am so confused. I've been fighting in PvP battle. Two pokemons stay. Mine Excadrill and my opponent's Malamar. Malamar is dark-psychic Pokemon. I attacked him first, my Excadrill has of course 252 EV on attack and it has nice IV on attack (24). I used X-Scissor.... So there appeared effectiveness on dark AND effectiveness on psychic. DOUBLE effectiveness. Damage x4. I want to remind: Excadrill's base attack is equal 135. Malamar base HP is 86 and base defence 88... So HOW DID IT COME THAT MALAMAR SURVIVED THAT ATTACK? I have no idea... I cannot imagine how amazing item would be held by Malamar if it survived 4x effective attack, but I'm not sure if enough amazing defence item exists. Assault Vest increased special defence, not defence... I have no idea how did it come. Is any simple explanation? I try to understand PvP battles, try so hard and then that "miracle" appears... Really confusing for my mind... Do you know maybe how it is possible that I did not beat Malamar?

Thanks for your help...

Malamar have contrary ability , if malamar used superpower ir Will buff def and atack, is like a curse that deals damage , if you did use a especial bug atack malamar didnt survived the other and possible awnser is holded a focus Slash if didnt it doesnt used the move , that can be survived the atack.

- Battle Tower Sheet:

Battle Tower and Tactics (Google Drive Sheet)

- Oak's Newspaper: