Bug: Medicham w/ scarf while paralyzed

Ewitsallsticky

Hello,

Just had a PvP Match and here are the events that took place:

1. I had a choice scarf Medicham out, he had a bold/timid Togekiss w/ leftovers.

2. Medicham uses ice punch, Togekiss is switched in and taken to half health. Togekiss has leftovers, gains a little hp.

3. Medicham uses ice punch, Togekiss is almost dead. Togekiss uses T Wave, Medicham is paralyzed.

4. Togekiss is now faster and uses Roost (is above half health now). Medicham uses ice punch and it only does half damage it should. Togekiss is now at 1/3 hp. WTF is this? Togekiss should have been brought back down to nearly dead.

It's like being paralyzed caused Pure Power to not work anymore. Or the first turn after being paralyzed, Pure Power doesn't work anymore? I know there was an issue with the choice scarf not functioning properly in the past. Perhaps the coding of PP is interacting with the choice scarf coding? I have no idea, but please fix this. I lost the match b/c of this.

Thank you.

Hello,

Just had a PvP Match and here are the events that took place:

1. I had a choice scarf Medicham out, he had a bold/timid Togekiss w/ leftovers.

2. Medicham uses ice punch, Togekiss is switched in and taken to half health. Togekiss has leftovers, gains a little hp.

3. Medicham uses ice punch, Togekiss is almost dead. Togekiss uses T Wave, Medicham is paralyzed.

4. Togekiss is now faster and uses Roost (is above half health now). Medicham uses ice punch and it only does half damage it should. Togekiss is now at 1/3 hp. WTF is this? Togekiss should have been brought back down to nearly dead.

It's like being paralyzed caused Pure Power to not work anymore. Or the first turn after being paralyzed, Pure Power doesn't work anymore? I know there was an issue with the choice scarf not functioning properly in the past. Perhaps the coding of PP is interacting with the choice scarf coding? I have no idea, but please fix this. I lost the match b/c of this.

Thank you.

Hey Ewitsallsticky,

it is like Kaminokage mentioned, a Pokémon using the move Roost will lose its flying type for the round it used the move. Therefore also it's type effectines changes and it would be possible to hit Earthquake on a Flying Pokémon which used Roost in the same round - as example.

You can also find more information how Roost works at the Bulbapedia site of it: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Roost_(move)

Since this problem has been solved, I will lock this topic now. ^^

Thanks for Kaminokage for the fast answer!

Have a nice day!

Regards Xylos

Staff does not give any private support in personal messages. Please use the proper forum instead.

General Support|Ban Appeals|Bug Resolution