Make Kyogre Surf Mount fast again.

Purplemauth

I strongly disagree with making any mount faster than another.

Mounts are purchased with two things in mind: to go faster and look better. When a certain mount goes faster than others, you remove the players option of looking better because they will want to go as fast as possible. Once Jetski's were introduced, it was almost a joke to use anything other than a Jeski. Players who dont like the look of a Jetski had to choose between going fast or looking good, but never feeling fully satisfied.

I can relate with the frustration of not being able to go as fast as before. And I can relate that 500 PvP Coins is certainly a lot and there should be merit in something that costs so much. I personally bought the Kyogre mount because I didn't like the look of a Jetski but didnt want to feel bad going slow. However, PvP Coin land mounts go just as fast as other land mounts but you don't seem to be advocating to have them go faster. Why not? The logic is the same. Jetski's cost the same as Shiny Mounts but I never saw staff change the speed to match the prices. Why not? The logic is the same. The value of a Kyogre mount comes with it's rarity and difficulty to obtain. If you don't like the look of it, fair. If you think it should go faster, then all PvP Coin mounts -- including land mounts -- should go faster as well.

Imagine if wearing a PvP Cloak gave you 5% better chance to find a shiny while you hunt. Players would feel obligated wear a PvP Cloak while they hunting. You remove a player's choice of cosmic by adding a statistic advantage to it. They have to choose between hunting better or looking good -- resulting in never feeling fully satisfied.

Edited by teerav
  • Like 1
E6W75Tu.png

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming Jetskis never existed, the current change would have made everyone without Kyogre Mount move 25% faster and this would be an appreciation post, rather than a complaint.

The change sucks because we got used to the Jet ski, now we will get used to the current speed.

Move on.

I'll never get use to current speed.. took me months to get 500 pve coins so I can have a legendary "fast" mount.. and now they take it away.. Big downgrade for the game

Even tho I agree with teerav, i miss the jetski speed :'(

Sadly when you balance something in a game like this there are always winners and losers out of it

maybe a buff to the overall water mount speed could be a good idea to make the "water farm" in line with land farm but i don't think it will happen because water mount are already faster than before...