This game needs alot of work....

Tcbxlonewolf

So after finally being able to download the game I jump in without knowing the water was cold. In the original games you were able to fight against many trainers before having to scurry back to the pokecenter. Not the case in this game. Every pokemon that i have caught does little damage and has the weakest damage threshold in any game I have ever played to the point a trainer who has lower level pokemon seems to wipe me out. You barely get exp at all which frustrates me because it is forcing me to do grind time beyond belief that I don't necessarily have the time for. I have heard many great things about this game and I have yet to see what everyone has been talking about. There is only one server so if the server is full sorry buddy you don't get to play and I don't think that is fair to the people who pay for their membership. Usually starter pokemon lead the pack in attack but the charmander that I chose seems to get wiped faster than a team of caterpie. I have played many free to play games and have had better luck shooting though the levels. The main focus should be on damage threshold I should not be getting wiped by a pidgey who is 3 levels lower than me I'm not getting the concept of this game.I have EV trained on every pokemon game there ever was and I would like to ask if this games pokemon give out the same EVs as the others. :n: :n: :n:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will answer as many questions as i can and anyone after me can correct me if i'm wrong on anything. the game itself has been made harder and as its an mmo you need to grind for levels,items,and better poke's. the early levels are prob the hardest imo due to really low exp gain pre lvl 12. after lvl 12 exp gain increases rapidly its not uncommon to gain 2+ levels in a fight with a trainer with equal lvl poke's. being a beta they are still working out quirks with the server. number of servers and capacity will increase gradually as they fix and stabilize the server. also on the note of EV's Afaik the ev gained are exactly the same as (gen 5?) someone with more knowledge on that can give the correct Gen number. also on poke's you catch you should be trying to catch the ones with the best IV's and best Nature possible. a gyarados with terrible iv's and nature can get swept by a fire type with good iv's and nature. Keep trying and don't give up just because the start is hard cus its made to be that way. you wouldnt want to just run thru the entire game in a day would you?

"We are in Live BETA and Free to Play so keep that in mind."

We will grow the server capacity eventually but we won't make it rush because it may cause more crashes due the haste action.

The fact MS is donation, and we WILL not take priority of MS players on login, it will cause the game to be pay to win/partially pay to play.

There is nothing wrong with damage threshold, the cause might be due nature, IV, and EV (these three work fine in game). Also the battle is "SET" mode and there is no "SHIFT" mode. make the battle a bit harder.

This game is MMO, we do make things match with the theme. Experience will differ between levels. The higher your poke's level, the harder you gain experience from same grind spot level. Exp shared from a battle reduced to prevent exp grinding for weak party. NPC Trainers are stronger. And there are many more.

These things make PRO a bit harder than console one to match the theme, MMO.

Edit: experience gain is following gen V changes.

The EV yield is the same as in official games, besides, EV yield never change between generations anyway.

The only difference is that EV training in this game is harder than in Gen 6, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Also, I don't know what's your exact experience regarding Pokemon, but Charmander is well known as the worst/hardest starter in Kanto, due to most of the Gyms in Kanto either resisting or inflicting super effective damage on it. You'd need lots of work to be able to pull yourself through Kanto if you pick Charmander, either by catching and training a Water/Grass-type, or train Charmander until it evolves at lv16 and learn Dragon Rage at lv17. Dragon Rage makes Brock's Gym easier to defeat.

And even with grinding it should only take one week to finish Kanto. As already mentioned, the start is rough, but it becomes progressively easier. Unlike other games where it's only fun for a moment at the start but becomes a massive grinding for the rest of the years, in PRO it is reversed, where the beginning is harder, but later on it becomes easier to grind for the rest of the game, especially when you already have lots of trainers to rebattle weekly :Grin:

85809 "We are in Live BETA and Free to Play so keep that in mind."

We will grow the server capacity eventually but we won't make it rush because it may cause more crashes due the haste action.

The fact MS is donation, and we WILL not take priority of MS players on login, it will cause the game to be pay to win/partially pay to play.

There is nothing wrong with damage threshold, the cause might be due nature, IV, and EV (these three work fine in game). Also the battle is "SET" mode and there is no "SHIFT" mode. make the battle a bit harder.

This game is MMO, we do make things match with the theme. For example EXP gain isn't follow the console one. Experience will differ between levels. The higher your poke's level, the harder you gain experience from same grind spot level. Exp shared from a battle reduced to prevent exp grinding for weak party. NPC Trainers are stronger. And there are many more.

I understand that the fact it's a mmo you want to make it hard like a mmo. But truth be told mmo's aren't hard at all. The only time they are hard is when you reach max level and heroic or mythic raid. I was told it was out of beta so I'm sorry for jumping the gun on that. You should at least show us a guide on what we should use. And your point on having the right nature makes us use up our pokeballs which cost the same as the game but you don't get as much money as you do in the game. I literally battled for three hours and only gained 300 dollars. That isn't challenging, that's b.s. People come to this game to experience the joy of the old games not have everything taken away from them. I'm telling you this because if you want more of a fan base then you will want to do the same as the console games. It is a very cool game I like the GBA graphics on it but the damage threshold needs to be buffed because no one is going to stick around a game to where you're level 14 and get wiped by level 11 pokemon

85815 The EV yield is the same as in official games, besides, EV yield never change between generations anyway.

The only difference is that EV training in this game is harder than in Gen 6, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Also, I don't know what's your exact experience regarding Pokemon, but Charmander is well known as the worst/hardest starter in Kanto, due to most of the Gyms in Kanto either resisting or inflicting super effective damage on it. You'd need lots of work to be able to pull yourself through Kanto if you pick Charmander, either by catching and training a Water/Grass-type, or train Charmander until it evolves at lv16 and learn Dragon Rage at lv17. Dragon Rage makes Brock's Gym easier to defeat.

And even with grinding it should only take one week to finish Kanto. As already mentioned, the start is rough, but it becomes progressively easier. Unlike other games where it's only fun for a moment at the start but becomes a massive grinding for the rest of the years, in PRO it is reversed, where the beginning is harder, but later on it becomes easier to grind for the rest of the game, especially when you already have lots of trainers to rebattle weekly :Grin:

Sadly the gym battles are easy it's the trainers that are op. And no after Brock and Misty you pretty much one shot Lt. Surge, Erica, Koga (Except for Muk) Sabrina because psycic pokemon have horrible defense all around, and by the time you reach Blane you already have a water type which in return helps you beat Giovanni. And actually Charmander is the most overused and overpowered starter for Kanto. Check your facts before you argue with a veteran kiddo. The start wasn't that rough it's the trainers after brocks gym they are so op it's retarded most of my team on shots all those trainers on console

Damage is same as handhelds, that is not changed. We just increased levels of NPC's and of Gym leaders to make it a little harder.

You won't get a lot of money if you farm on low leveled Pokemon, we have our end game farm spots.

The game is easy, you just aren't using the right Pokemon for the required Gym.

Gym leaders have higher levels than the trainers.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Sadly the gym battles are easy it's the trainers that are op. And no after Brock and Misty you pretty much one shot Lt. Surge, Erica, Koga (Except for Muk) Sabrina because psycic pokemon have horrible defense all around, and by the time you reach Blane you already have a water type which in return helps you beat Giovanni. And actually Charmander is the most overused and overpowered starter for Kanto. Check your facts before you argue with a veteran kiddo. The start wasn't that rough it's the trainers after brocks gym they are so op it's retarded most of my team on shots all those trainers on console

Charmander overused? yes. Overpowered? no. Charmander will not OHKO Brock or Misty with Charmander being overleveled.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

85809 "We are in Live BETA and Free to Play so keep that in mind."

This game is MMO, we do make things match with the theme. For example EXP gain isn't follow the console one. Experience will differ between levels. The higher your poke's level, the harder you gain experience from same grind spot level. Exp shared from a battle reduced to prevent exp grinding for weak party. NPC Trainers are stronger. And there are many more.

[/quote2]

I understand you guys want it to be harder and thats a good thing, but what about probabilities concerning status (especially confusion, havn't encountered all status changes yet...) and attacks missed ? I don't know if it's just me but it seems you hit yourself more than 50% of the time (or am i that unlucky ?) and i see more missed moves on average (me and opponent) than on the console games.

Also, it would be nice of you to create a topic related to game mechanics and expose the different numbers (details on exp gain, money, capture etc... if you changed anything) to the community in order to avoid unenlightened questions like mine. (unless you absolutly want to keep them secret hehe !)

4e8abe137b7d.gif~original

I understand you guys want it to be harder and thats a good thing, but what about probabilities concerning status (especially confusion, havn't encountered all status changes yet...) and attacks missed ? I don't know if it's just me but it seems you hit yourself more than 50% of the time (or am i that unlucky ?) and i see more missed moves on average (me and opponent) than on the console games.

Also, it would be nice of you to create a topic related to game mechanics and expose the different numbers (details on exp gain, money, capture etc... if you changed anything) to the community in order to avoid unenlightened questions like mine. (unless you absolutly want to keep them secret hehe !)

Bad luck, nothing wrong with the game mechanics and the game follows the EXP. Gain formula of Gen V (there might be some little changes, but I haven't noticed them).