PRO - Chromebook

Chewiyt

Ok so I have recently started to play PRO and I am hooked. I play desktop on my Mac. So I was hoping to play it on the go but I do not have a windows computer or an android phone, I just have a Chromebook. So I was wondering, would I be able to run PRO on my Chromebook? If so, how?

• Administrator
Ok so I have recently started to play PRO and I am hooked. I play desktop on my Mac. So I was hoping to play it on the go but I do not have a windows computer or an android phone, I just have a Chromebook. So I was wondering, would I be able to run PRO on my Chromebook? If so, how?

Hi @ChewiYT !

Unfortunately, we do not really have direct support for Chromebook because not all the applications can be run on Chrome OS and we do not provide any support for Linux users as of now.

There is something you could try but i cannot guarantee that it will allow you to play on your chromebook.

You can try to install both WINE and CROUTON . To install the desktop version of Wine, you’ll need to enable developer mode and install Crouton to get a Linux desktop alongside your Chrome OS system. You can then install Wine on the Linux desktop and use it to install Windows programs (such as PRO's Windows client) just as you’d use Wine on a typical Linux desktop. Whenever you want to use a Windows program (Like PRO), you could just switch between your Chrome OS system and Linux desktop with a keyboard shortcut.

Again, i cannot guarantee it will allow you to play but it is something you could try.

Let me know if it worked for you and if you have any further questions. Have a great day !

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

• Administrator
And is WINE and CROUTON legit

Since we do not offer any support as of now for linux users, Wine is the best legit way to emulate Windows applications on Linux.

Both Wine and Crouton should not cause any issue.

Unfortunately, since we do not offer support for Linux users, i cannot guarantee that it will fix your issue and allow you to play the game. The worst is that you won't be able to play on your Chromebook and so you will be able to play only on you Mac/Windows/Smartphone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

image.gif

• Administrator
Ok but will PRO ever eventually offer support for Linux?

Unfortunately, we're not providing any support for Linux users as of now, but that doesn't mean we wont do that in the future. Although there's no guarantee that we will do that.

Basically, it's because our Developer can't use IL2CPP on Linux. We're still looking for a workaround to this as we understand we have a small yet significant player base from Linux as well. I understand your concern, but as of now we can't do much.

You'll simply have to wait until a potential Linux client is released in the future. However, there is no estimated time for this. Please do note that PRO staff are volunteers and act in their own time. However, i would like to ensure you that we're working to bring new updates and contents for all the players to enjoy.

You can keep an eye out in our OFFICIAL PRO DISCORD for further announcements.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you can understand.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

image.gif

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
Sad.

No more love for Linux user :(

Hi @Phaise

Unfortunately, we're not providing any support for Linux users as of now, but that doesn't mean we wont do that in the future. Although there's no guarantee that we will do that.

Basically, it's because our Developer can't use IL2CPP on Linux. We're still looking for a workaround to this as we understand we have a small yet significant player base from Linux as well. I understand your concern, but as of now we can't do much.

You'll simply have to wait until a potential Linux client is released in the future. However, there is no estimated time for this and it's not certain that one will ever come out due to technical restraints. Please do note that PRO staff are volunteers and act in their own time.

Nevertheless, if you would like to play you can follow this guide made by one of our players: INSTALLATION ON LINUX

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you can understand.

You can keep an eye out in our OFFICIAL PRO DISCORD for further announcements about Pokemon Revolution Online.

With that said, i will now close the thread, have a wonderful day !

image.gif