Changing Cerulean Cave

Namelesshero27

Hi.

We know that at the moment one of the biggest problem for new player is to grind money, since even if they get lucky and they find some rare poke, every prices dropped hard in the last year and even items are cheap. So we know that the main way for them to grind money and start getting seriously into the game is beat wild poke in high level areas. Lot of new players struggle too much into this till they point they just quit.

Now, what I suggest here may help them havning an healtier early/middle game and not quitting.

I'm talking about Cerulean Cave.

As it is for now in PRO, Cerulean Cave isn't available when you win Kanto e4, but to unlock it you have to do the dragon quest and pay 200k. I'm not suggesting to remove this, but to "move" this.

This is how Cerulean Cave look for a player who hasn't did the quest:

Screenshot_4.png.ebab148bf67e2d4cde22658cd326246d.png

What I suggest, is to open Ceruelan Cave to Kanto Champion.

They could get inside and start grinding some money.

This is how I suggest to make Ceruelan Cave looks like for a player who won Kanto e4 but not did the Dragon quest:

Screenshot_5.png.9ce7dddac989a346313e93491bc4452b.png

(I just quickly cut and paste the guard with paint, of course they would be 2 surf Guard, and a new rock there to not add 3 of them).

This way, they will still have to make the quest and pay the 200k to pass them, if they want to go to Naero (meaning opening daycare), or go to Mewtwo (meaning starting to catch every single legendary).

Those 2 are the reason why I don't think the suggestion would hurt and people wouldn't stop buying the Dragons Medailion.

I think it would improve game experience for those new players. After all, Johto Champion get insta access to Mt Silver, end game quest are inside it, not outside it.

• Like 1

I think you are correct in suggesting that a better grind spot pre Kanto E4 could exist, I don't like the idea of it being CC. That map already has way too many people on it and I think it should remain more endgame.

I think an easier solution that would require basically no coding or quest changing would be to raise Seafoam B4F or whatever floor it is to be 57-60. Then its not quite as good as cc, but its better than the 40 something that it is now.

• Like 2

I'd agree on Purple's idea, but raising Seafoam to 45-48 and Victory road to 52-55 instead. Before Kanto E4 there's not a good enough spot to grind enough EXP or pokédollars. Afterwards we also have Dragon's Den, which is reliable, though Cerulean Cave wins from a mile.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...