Manaphy in ranked PVP

Baganha

After discussing it for a few days we decided to not ban Manaphy, to not ban Damp Rock and to not ban rain.

I'll give you guys a short explanation of stuff said during our discussion.

"If you ban one metagame, another will just become stronger and take it's place"

Having played PRO for years myself, this is a fairly accurate statement. The metagame shifts with PRO, new items/moves/abilities get coded, new spawns are added, spawns are changed, mechanic updates etc. If any of the above gets banned then something else will simply take its place.

"So I see no reason to ban something that is competitive and not overpowered"

This is indeed a strong point in our discussion, are Manaphy/Damp Rock/Rain teams overpowered or are they simply just strong competitively? The answers is the later, they are strong but not broken to an extend where there is no counter play.

"It is strong, not broken but facing it countless times every month/pvp session is just a joke."

We believe that obviously it does cause frustration but so does Chansey, Blissey, Clefable, (old Talonflame) and and and, we can't ban something just because it is annoying to play against. The same reason why would not ban stall or stall Pokemon. It is fairly common to call for bans because the Pokemon in itself is frustrating to deal with but if your team is prepared you can beat it, same goes for rain teams. You have to adapt to the metagame to succeed.

Last strong point we have is that the PvP update is right around the corner and banning something now would make simply make no sense. However once every PvP related update is released we want to be more open to these types of discussions but more to that another time.

Kind regards,

Q8

This is how we adapt. If they go dirty, we go dirty. Awesome metagame.

1044432828_Capturadepantalla2019-06-24alas22_28_35.png.0e7064141120daf296603cd70a1d28f7.png

GengarLv100.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly i dont even know what to expect of this meta with aurora veil in the game, manaphy becomes an even bigger threat and once megas come, mons like mega gyarados, zard x and mega ttar for exmaple will make the meta crumble, with no safety pivots such as lando t or reliable haze users like pex and fini, it seems to me the meta is gonna have a big time dealing with this unless you play either one of the extreme sides of the spectrum, offensive or defensive. alolan wak is a cool addition, tr might actually become a thing and without some reliable pivots such as lando-t i can see it being a big threat, then again no cress means its hard to pull it off, since audino is the next best thing.

Also gengar lv100, imagine setting up to +6 with you blissey and then they reveal the heart swap manaphy lmao, not even sure if thats coded but that wouldve been hilarious.

Edited by Baganha

"It is strong, not broken but facing it countless times every month/pvp session is just a joke."

We believe that obviously it does cause frustration but so does Chansey, Blissey, Clefable, (old Talonflame) and and and, we can't ban something just because it is annoying to play against. The same reason why would not ban stall or stall Pokemon. It is fairly common to call for bans because the Pokemon in itself is frustrating to deal with but if your team is prepared you can beat it, same goes for rain teams. You have to adapt to the metagame to succeed.

Imo cant compare mon like chansey and blissey with talon and mana since mana and talon are able to beat their "counterplay" easily especially manaphy

Also curious to know if staff who made the decision that mana+rain arent broken actually play the game ? x)

in other hand most of player that give feedbacks of how broken is that comp pvp everyday

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

I dont wanna start the discussion again. But note follow facts.

1. Manahpy is one of the Best OU Poke - correct.

It has Tail Glow, good Moveset, good Speedbasis and a good ability in Rain.

2. It is Tier OU and not Uber - correct

3. We have a OU- Tier - correct

My Fazit:

Manaphy dont need a ban. But when u battle Manaphy be careful.

U can start a discussion for all OU Pokes. But it won't Change anything.

Manaphy isen't broken it is only very good. But Batonpass is broken. It is more dangeriuos as all OU Poke. It is a Uber-Ability and we can use! :D That is a theme for a good discussion ^^.

Pls dont force other discussions that have nothing to do with the main theme of this thread, i encourage a community to be more engaging in promoting a better pvp scene, but if you want that to happen then make your own thread, dont use a thread talking about manaphy for it.

Thank you.

I personaly think manaphy deserve a ban, he's ou in a hyper quickly and strong meta. There just no way to contain same in pro and on my opinion he can break some team archetype too easely. There a lot of powerfull revenge killer in ou thats manaphy fear but manaphy base speed makes a lot more sense in pro. So i think its too strong actualy and rarity is not a reason for not doing anything.

omeliandre.png