Manaphy in ranked PVP

Baganha

You're completely right. You don't have to look further than the top of the pvp leaderboard. Oh weird! They all have shiny great IVS manaphys that they received as private awards.

Hmm.. i wonder why they keep winning!

So strange..

It's completely broken. Remove manaphy from pvp

Edit: hmm the only people that seem to be defending manaphy in pvp are the people who have built their entire team around it. Weirddddd

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played a PVP match vs a terrible opponent. HE had the cheesiest team. Speed boost scoliopede ( countered ) ferrothorn (countered) chansey (countered)

Then i got to his shiny manaphy.. all it took was 1 failed toxic and he was able to set up and sweep. Absolute garbage to give players this advantage and not let other players have a chance to acquire the same thing. These players shouldnt be getting free wins because theywere in the right place at the right time.

You're completely right. You don't have to look further than the top of the pvp leaderboard. Oh weird! They all have shiny great IVS manaphys that they received as private awards.

Hmm.. i wonder why they keep winning!

So strange..

It's completely broken. Remove manaphy from pvp

There is one Shiny Manaphy with good stats on Gold Server, the summer tournament winner.

There is one Shiny Manaphy with good stats on Silver Server, the summer tournament winner.

Both haven't played in a good while.

Make your points with facts not with some unnecessary made up things to stir the pot otherwise I will delete those comments and warn people who do this kind of stuff.

There are also no "private rewards", shiny/perfect Pokemon are rewards for 1) Tournament winners or b) 6 months of staff work, you know the work that keeps this game running

Also since you are playing on Silver, I checked the last 5 matches of everyone in the Top25 at the moment. Only 8 players used Manaphy, more players used Azumarill, Weavile, Ferrothorn or Garchomp.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

There is one Shiny Manaphy with good stats on Gold Server, the summer tournament winner.

There is one Shiny Manaphy with good stats on Silver Server, the summer tournament winner.

Both haven't played in a good while.

Make your points with facts not with some unnecessary made up things to stir the pot otherwise I will delete those comments and warn people who do this kind of stuff.

There are also no "private rewards", shiny/perfect Pokemon are rewards for 1) Tournament winners or b) 6 months of staff work, you know the work that keeps this game running

Also since you are playing on Silver, I checked the last 5 matches of everyone in the Top25 at the moment. Only 8 players used Manaphy, more players used Azumarill, Weavile, Ferrothorn or Garchomp.

Says the manaphy user.

If you think that 8/25 is a low percentage then i dont know what to tell you. Because 4 overused pvp pokemon that were used more frequently than 8/25 is not a very good talking point for the balance of the game.

Perhaps i wad mistaken when i saw xmas manaphy a few times and made te mistake of thinking that was shiny, but that's beyond the point now.

Why not just get rid of it in pvp and balance it for everyone instead of leaping through hoops to constantly validate its place...

You allow speed boost scoliopede but ban speed boost blaziken... just admit that some of these pvp rules are outdated and wrong and let's fix the system rather than defend a broken one.

There is nothing to gain by leaving it in this broken meta

Edited by ThePolkaMan

• 2 months later...

its been a while since ive been here and now with the inclusion of aurora veil, i wanna ask everyone who has experience either using or playing against manaphy + veil, is it too good? is it managable? explain why please. Thank you in advance to anyone who might consider participating, havent played pro for a whike and would want to know how does it currently stand

• Like 1

In all honesty, everyone complaining about this or the other pokemon should start reading basic team-building guides and watch some old-gen showdown clips to learn how to deal with the poke.

Manaphy is strong. REALLY strong in the right hands. But the same can be said for Heatran, Latios, Tyranitar, Scizor, Azumarill, Garchomp *insert any other poke here*. The other day me and my guildies got caught off-guard by a mean-look Dusclops with Curse and Pressure. Does it mean we have to ban that one too?

Learn how to build teams that aren't your favourite 6 cool pokes, learn about speed control, revenge killing, correct abilities, double/triple switching...

Realize that you can not win every game, there will always be a bunch of pokes or sets that can run over your team like a hot knife through butter. Just make sure those are very uncommon when you build your team.

You will soon realize Manaphy can be dealt with quite easily, same as any other poke that is not hard-banned everywhere else.

Related to the latest comment @Baganha : not stronger nor weaker than the plethora of other bulky setup sweepers behind double screen. It takes 2/3 consecutive turns to set-up properly, if people aren't able to punish it then it's worth for them to get 6-0d, read my post from the first word again and learn some basics.

This kind of topics shouldn't exist. All they do is create misconceptions for new/less experienced players based on the feedback provided by players clearly as new/less experienced. ;)

In all honesty, everyone complaining about this or the other pokemon should start reading basic team-building guides and watch some old-gen showdown clips to learn how to deal with the poke.

Manaphy is strong. REALLY strong in the right hands. But the same can be said for Heatran, Latios, Tyranitar, Scizor, Azumarill, Garchomp *insert any other poke here*. The other day me and my guildies got caught off-guard by a mean-look Dusclops with Curse and Pressure. Does it mean we have to ban that one too?

Learn how to build teams that aren't your favourite 6 cool pokes, learn about speed control, revenge killing, correct abilities, double/triple switching...

Realize that you can not win every game, there will always be a bunch of pokes or sets that can run over your team like a hot knife through butter. Just make sure those are very uncommon when you build your team.

You will soon realize Manaphy can be dealt with quite easily, same as any other poke that is not hard-banned everywhere else.

Related to the latest comment @Baganha : not stronger nor weaker than the plethora of other bulky setup sweepers behind double screen. It takes 2/3 consecutive turns to set-up properly, if people aren't able to punish it then it's worth for them to get 6-0d, read my post from the first word again and learn some basics.

This kind of topics shouldn't exist. All they do is create misconceptions for new/less experienced players based on the feedback provided by players clearly as new/less experienced. ;)

This pokémon is much too strong for the current meta, tapu doesn't exist, toxapex either, it takes at least 2 pokémons to contain it is not normal here.

Finally if no ban for Manaphy, it really sucks,it completely kills the fun

First of all thank you for the response.

Now going through your comment i can definitely understand you have some hostility towards this subject and the people who support it.

This holds no weight if youre not presenting anything of value from your own, saying "just learn how teambulding works" is not how you solve a problem, present an argument to solidify that position. "Old-gen showdown clips" is not a good way to judge how someone should learn how to deal with manaphy as Smogon oras OU is much diferent than what PRO has right now (gen7 mechanics, no megas, items missing, moves not working properly etc).

This is either a really dishonest argument or you simply dont understand viability. Yes a lot of pokemon are good in the PRO meta but why should they be treated the same? PRO banned genesect (a clearly broken pokemon) but back then talonflame, rotom-w and garchomp were really good too, so does that mean the ban wasnt justified?

No, you losing to dusclops, to which you stated caught you by surprise already proves the fact it doesnt have anything to make it broken, this is not a fair comparison, a pokemon that surprises you once isnt the same as one who has great capability of sweeping in a lot of team archtypes.

Another argument that could only work in an utopian world, saying these things like "learn how to build" and "understand your weaknesses" means nothing if, again, no evidence is provided. Also not to mention that some people in this thread who agree with my position seem to be somewhat recognizable players, who have proven themselves in the competitive scene for PRO, not saying they're worth more than your opinion or that they're better than you because the fact that you just throw out empty arguments doesnt really tell me how good you are but it means there is certainly more than just "be better at the game" that needs to be taken here.

"It takes 2/3 consecutive turns to set-up properly". No, it only needs 2 tgs to get max spa and only 1 to beat and pretty much ohko everything regarding to offensive teams if the coverage is right. The fact that manaphy was has hard as it was to punish without any support already shows how much harder it is to do it with screens. I dont need you to tell me how to get better at the game when you only provide with "just get better" and circunvent the whole point we should be discussing about which is manaphy.