Way to prevent Ditto Scams targeted towards newer players

Drvoicu

Hello!

Almost all of the veteran players know that ditto is currently useless outside of getting your bike. Unfortunately, a lot of the newer players do not know this, which leads to a lot of veteran players being in a position to scam these new players under the veil of "helping them".

To prevent this from occurring, my suggestion is to make it so Ditto CANNOT be traded. There is no value to having a ditto and there is no need to trade a Ditto, unless you are a malicious person who wants to scam a "newbie". And anyone who says that they are selling "for dex completion" is a liar that wants to take advantage of a newbie.

I'm semi-familiar with coding and I do think that this is a simple enough solution that can be implemented into the game (but I'm not familiar with the code, so I can't say for sure).

What do you all think?

• Like 3

Well, selling it for dex completion is actually true... many people would rather pay 5k than hunt for a ditto. Also if you got a shiny ditto and wanted to sell it, that would be frustrating if it was locked. I can also say with relative confidence that the quest says the ditto must be your OT. I don't think that these "scams" happen as much as you might think.

Well, selling it for dex completion is actually true... many people would rather pay 5k than hunt for a ditto. Also if you got a shiny ditto and wanted to sell it, that would be frustrating if it was locked. I can also say with relative confidence that the quest says the ditto must be your OT. I don't think that these "scams" happen as much as you might think.

It's not true because most people will have caught a ditto for the bike quest, so it makes no sense that anybody would need to buy a ditto for the dex. This scam happens more often than you imply.

People like Cirstroke are trying to rip off new players by selling dittos. That's the only logical explanation. Would be nice to see if you guys implemented a harsher punishment for those trying to rip off new players. You don't have to trade lock ditto, just make sure to trade ban people who are reported for ripping off new players with ditto accordingly. (Not just a few days).

I Agree with this but there are other ways of the Ditto quest scam being countered. Such make the Ditto quest npc Have to be encountered in verm right after the Lance dream story. Like make the Pokemon center Have a line of people blocking the door and have the npc that is currently blocking the door, tell the player that this may take awhile and that he should just go and check out the guy next door trading a bike voucher for a ditto.

That will Lead the player charater to speak with the ditto quest npc telling the player that he wants a ditto for a bike voucher, and that he wants it to be YOUR ot. After he tells you that the pokemon center would be cleared out and you can go on and do the rest of the story.

So kinda like a mini quest to make sure people dont scam new players.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

He doesnt say hes selling for the bike quest.

-1 on the suggestion, i sell dittos for dex all the time.

A part have been removed as inappropriate. Please, refrain from antagonizing and taunting people
Edited by Shinohara

He doesnt say hes selling for the bike quest. You accusing him of scamming makes you the bad guy here.

-1 on the suggestion, i sell dittos for dex all the time, call me scammer.

He doesn't have to say it. THERE IS NO REASON TO SELL DITTO. Saying someone is selling ditto for dex is a blatant lie. Pretty much every new player will do and every old player has done the bike quest. That means they already have the dex data for ditto. Stop defending scammers.

I can only repeat myself. Most people will finish the bike quest long before they have to care about finishing the Kanto Dex. The demand for a dex ditto is so low there would be no point in spamming trade chat day after day with "wts ditto". It makes no sense.

If someone needed a dex ditto and wrote "wtb ditto for dex" in trade chat and you would sell it to him nobody would complain.

Also let me use your logic. You said Cirstroke didn't say he was selling it for bike quest, right? He also didn't mention he was selling it for dex. Why is that? Because he is scamming.

I'm just concerned about new players, because I know what it feels like to get ripped off.

A part have been removed as inappropriate. Please, refrain from antagonizing and taunting people
Edited by Shinohara