One little question

Voldis4

Hi, once more.

Yesterday i invited a friend to play with me this game and he ask me one thing that is in my head because i don´t know the awnser.

He asked me this:

1- " Nice , the ID at Pokémon is a way to recover and stuff, but what happens if i got scammed by ID?, Like someone say's the owner of that pokémon is him but is not"?

2-"i Link a pokémon in chat everyone knows whats the ID of it instantly, so is possible to scam people by there?like printscreen cut and paste has the owner ina eventually try of recover" .

3-" if someone stole my pokémon by ID , who can i proof is mine, i don´t want to print every pokémon"

those questions also rise up the same for me.

- Battle Tower Sheet:

Battle Tower and Tactics (Google Drive Sheet)

- Oak's Newspaper:

Hey there.

While I am not a staff member, I shall try to explain it to the best of my ability.

First of all, the ID doesn't show up when a Pokémon is linked in an in-game chat. If you show a screenshot of it on the forum or elsewhere, you have nothing to be worried about either.

You can't just get a Pokémon moved to your account by having the ID and claiming it's yours. There are trade logs, they will be able to track down if you've had the Pokémon before, I believe. This does of course raise another important question: "Can I scam another player out of a Pokémon if I had it previously, then?" To which the answer also is no.

For a Trade Moderator to even consider moving the Pokémon, there needs to be evidence of the conversation taking place before the trade. If both parties agreed upon the fact that the Pokémon should be returned to the "Original Trainer" at a given point in time, then something could probably be done. However, we're long outside the ways of "scamming" like this, as we have lending trades for this exact purpose. Either way, you can't claim a Pokémon by knowing it's ID, there has to be evidence, which is why both parties are encouraged to take screenshots of the trades they have + the conversation.

Do keep in mind that falsely accusing someone and trying to cheat both the staff members and another in-game player is not tolerated and will be punished accordingly.

I hope this helps clear things up. If you have any further questions or any questions to my message, do feel free to ask.

Glogs_signiture.png?width=1442&height=326

• Administrator
Hi, once more.

Yesterday i invited a friend to play with me this game and he ask me one thing that is in my head because i don´t know the awnser.

He asked me this:

1- " Nice , the ID at Pokémon is a way to recover and stuff, but what happens if i got scammed by ID?, Like someone say's the owner of that pokémon is him but is not"?

2-"i Link a pokémon in chat everyone knows whats the ID of it instantly, so is possible to scam people by there?like printscreen cut and paste has the owner ina eventually try of recover" .

3-" if someone stole my pokémon by ID , who can i proof is mine, i don´t want to print every pokémon"

those questions also rise up the same for me.

Hi @Voldis4

Thank you for contacting us about your concern.

As first thing, i would like to thanks @GlogS who has provided already a really complete and accurate answer about the topic.

As it has been stated already, the ID serves as a way to prove that the Pokémon exists and is currently saved in our Database and is not seen from other players when you link the Pokémon in chat.

In addition, and confirming something that has been stated above, thanks to our TOOLS we are able to track every info of a Pokémon, such as:

• Caught data of the Pokémon
  • Original trainer, which is the user that caught the Pokémon.
  • Current owner of the Pokémon, in case the Pokémon is not held anymore by the original trainer
  • Statistics such as Level, IV, EV, Ability, Nature, Item, Form (Shiny and special forms like Valentine, Christmas, etc) and position of the Pokémon (If it is in your team or in the PC)

Also, we are able to check all the trades that a user has made, which make us able to check when some Pokémon, or an item, is traded and who is the one receiving it.

I would like to assure you that we do not move any Pokémon from any account, unless when specific trade rules are broken, without having first the permission of the current owner.

For example, if you should trade a Pokémon to someone that has not played yet the region where the traded Pokémon is native from, we could not move it back without first have the permission of the current owner that has the pokemon blocked.

Therefore, it is good to note that we, as PRO STAFF, take actions only when we have enough evidences to do that. This because we always aim to protect our players and their data, info and progress. Even if someone should try to report you trying to scam us/you, we would make accurate investigations before proceeding.

It is also good to note that if someone should try to scam you and us by providing a false evidence-/fake proof, we would notice it instant and would take actions against that person, as scamming is strictly forbidden, not tolerated and lead to the permanent ban of the account.

Regarding your Pokémon being stolen, taking in consideration what has been said above about the fact that a Pokémon cannot be stolen through ID, if you should need to lend one of your Pokémon then it is suggested to use the LENDING TRADE which is a feature that permit you to lend a Pokémon and automatically send it back to you when you most prefer.

If you are afraid to be scammed in any other, way it is indeed suggest to take every possible screenshot of the chat since, as stated above, we cannot take any actions if we have no evidence of the happened.

I hope the information given was helpful and that every point and doubt you had has been cleared. Let me know if something is unclear and if you have any further questions.

Have a wonderful day!

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others