Why does the game punishes you when you lose to any NPC?

Guest Erazer

1. 1.

PRO Username: Erazer

Do you have active membership?: No

Your knowledge about PRO: Basic Knowledge

What have you done before the problem was there?

Nothing

What have you already tried to solve the problem?

Nothing

Description and Message

Hey there,

I've being wondering why does the game punishes you far beyond money? like for example, you lose to X npc, you get charged Y amount of money, you go back to fight that npc and you do not receive any EXP at all... why does this happens? it shouldn't be there at all like I should be able to get experience even tho I got my ass handled by that npc.

92129 To prevent XP grinding against high level enemies like bosses.

I don't necessarily agree with this mindset, but eh, that's the way it is.

bosses dont give exp anyways.

its just a typical mmo thing, you lose exp in mostly all MMORPGs when you lose a battle in pve.

they give EXP ONLY the first time you battle them

after that they give no exp

I'm fine with losing, its actually cool but for example lets say I'm fighting Brock, I defeat 1 of his pokes but I lose to his 2nd. I shouldnt be punished for that. I'd be fine if I didnt get exp from the one I killed before but why don't I get exp from the other one? leveling in this game is hard as hell, its not even fun to level up to 30 with pokes that are 10-13 just to defeat 1 leader who's not giving me anything in return.

MMO's don't work like that, imagine going in a raid and dying to 1 mini boss, then, being forced to finish the raid and not get a single reward. People would be piss and I think you guys need to reconsider it. It might be "challenging" but its not balanced.

92673 MMO's don't work like that, imagine going in a raid and dying to 1 mini boss, then, being forced to finish the raid and not get a single reward. People would be [Censored] and I think you guys need to reconsider it. It might be "challenging" but its not balanced.

you'll have to deal with that. This game isn't supposed to be as easy as the original games. Until now everyone has made it through kanto and johto.

Also consider weaknesses of types. you don't fight with charmander lvl 16 against brock. it's obvious you'll loose. Instead catch poliwag (route 22 night), mankey (route 22) or budew (viridian forest). it's much easier. you'll have to use a bit of strategy to success here.

322DjwW.png

All credit to Jaszie for creating the signature.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper

Forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I think you dont understand it lol. Let me explain it. Brock has idk, 3 pokes (bare with me on this one), I fight with idk, oddish and manage to defeat 2 of his 3 pokes but I'm not lucky enough and onix manages to crit my oddish, leaving me with other pokes which will be eventually get rekt by him. I lose to his 3RD poke. I wanna go back and defeat his 3rd poke, which should be giving me exp, NOT THE FIRST 2 but the one i didnt manage to win against. Seems fair right?

Get exp from the poke which I lose to, don't get exp from the one I win. Simple.

93114 Seems fair right?

Answer:

92142 This is intentionally coded that way, to make your gameplay a bit more challenging, and avoid possible scouting etc.

As said [glow=red]IT'S[/glow] intended to make it harder, simple as that. If you can't beat the gym leader on the first try you probably didn't train well. Also you mention this is a MMO, if you faint you'll have a bad side effect because of it(that always has been in any MMO). Wether it's to restart and gain no xp or waiting a certain amount of days to retry the boss. That are the game mechanics. I hope the point is made clear to you :y:

Best regards,

Seibuza

Seibuza_Sig.png