Gold Servers

Jhlords2

• Administrator
why do gold servers crash all the time ?

Hi @jhlords2

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced and I will try to be as much transparent as possible and clear things for you.

As you have stated above, we are recently having some issue with the stability of our servers that sometimes cause the disconnections of the players from the servers.

I want to point out that these issues are being experienced on both GOLD and SILVER, and not only on one of them, as the code used for the game is exactly the same for both of them.

We understand that disconnections can be frustrating as no one should ever experience a loss of their progress because that is sad, frustrating and block players from fully enjoying the game.

We are doing our best to make the game better everyday. We bought a better server, reworked the whole script engine and reworking the battle system right now.

Also, our current Developers are always working on the stability of the server analyzing each crash dump in order to understand what is causing them, why it's causing that, and to decrease those annoying crashes.

In specific, the crashes are being caused by the script of the game, and not from the server itself, and that is somehow a positive news as it gives our developers the chance to work directly on the issue without needing to interact with third parties (e.g the server host).

Unfortunately these are unexpected crashes and therefore we really cannot predict them as they really unpredictable, and this means that we cannot really tell to play when a server is going to crash otherwise we would have done that already.

However, i can assure you that people can expect huge improvements. Our developers are skilled and talented, they fight everyday to completely analyze the reason of the crashes and fix them, and they have never gave up in front of any obstacle. I cannot give you any estimated time, but i can assure you that the issues will be fixed as soon and fast as possible.

Do keep in mind however that due to our daily updates, reworks and changes, there will always be a chance to find weird issues like the zombie dc and the deadlock but we will never stop to work on them in order to fix those bug and decrease/prevent any possible crash.

Nevertheless, in case of long downtimes or numerous issues/crashes on our end, we may issue compensations, once the issue will be solved, as a way to apologize like specific events aimed to make our players happy and make them enjoy the game, which is our main goal.

Also, as the message that we posted today in-game mentioned, Easter is drawing near .... so get ready to look for eggs !

It is always good to note however that, despite there are without any doubt error on our end, a connection issue is not ALWAYS caused by an issue on our end, and this has been verified with some user losing connection while the server was still online together with players. Sometimes instead it can be caused as well by the provider/connection of the player.

A connection lost for example might be caused by an issue on the connection that last for 1 second or even less, making that really hard to be perceived and therefore leading to think that the connection is working properly.

It is also suggested therefore to ensure a proper connection on your end as that might also helps minimize your losses. It is good to check on your internet provider to know when their downtimes will be as well as contacting them if you are not experiencing a stable connection. If the disconnect was caused by connection issues on your end, you may try the following:

• Call your internet provider.
  • Troubleshoot Your Hardware.
  • Opt for a wired connection if you’re using a wireless connection
  • Turn Off Bandwidth-Hogging Plugins and Apps.
  • Try a New DNS Server

I know that this doesn't provide any solid answer to your questions and neither a fix as of now, but i wanted anyway to point out that we are working everyday to keep Pokémon Revolution Online updated with new contents/feature/release and to solve any possible issue, this because we really care about our community and want to make sure that everyone enjoy the game and everyone is happy while playing it.

Please, let me know if something is unclear or if you have any further questions and i will be more than happy to answer you and clear any possible doubt.

Have a wonderful day !

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

Hi @jhlords2

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience experienced and I will try to be as much transparent as possible and clear things for you.

As you have stated above, we are recently having some issue with the stability of our servers that sometimes cause the disconnections of the players from the servers.

I want to point out that these issues are being experienced on both GOLD and SILVER, and not only on one of them, as the code used for the game is exactly the same for both of them.

We understand that disconnections can be frustrating as no one should ever experience a loss of their progress because that is sad, frustrating and block players from fully enjoying the game.

We are doing our best to make the game better everyday. We bought a better server, reworked the whole script engine and reworking the battle system right now.

Also, our current Developers are always working on the stability of the server analyzing each crash dump in order to understand what is causing them, why it's causing that, and to decrease those annoying crashes.

In specific, the crashes are being caused by the script of the game, and not from the server itself, and that is somehow a positive news as it gives our developers the chance to work directly on the issue without needing to interact with third parties (e.g the server host).

Unfortunately these are unexpected crashes and therefore we really cannot predict them as they really unpredictable, and this means that we cannot really tell to play when a server is going to crash otherwise we would have done that already.

However, i can assure you that people can expect huge improvements. Our developers are skilled and talented, they fight everyday to completely analyze the reason of the crashes and fix them, and they have never gave up in front of any obstacle. I cannot give you any estimated time, but i can assure you that the issues will be fixed as soon and fast as possible.

Do keep in mind however that due to our daily updates, reworks and changes, there will always be a chance to find weird issues like the zombie dc and the deadlock but we will never stop to work on them in order to fix those bug and decrease/prevent any possible crash.

Nevertheless, in case of long downtimes or numerous issues/crashes on our end, we may issue compensations, once the issue will be solved, as a way to apologize like specific events aimed to make our players happy and make them enjoy the game, which is our main goal.

Also, as the message that we posted today in-game mentioned, Easter is drawing near .... so get ready to look for eggs !

It is always good to note however that, despite there are without any doubt error on our end, a connection issue is not ALWAYS caused by an issue on our end, and this has been verified with some user losing connection while the server was still online together with players. Sometimes instead it can be caused as well by the provider/connection of the player.

A connection lost for example might be caused by an issue on the connection that last for 1 second or even less, making that really hard to be perceived and therefore leading to think that the connection is working properly.

It is also suggested therefore to ensure a proper connection on your end as that might also helps minimize your losses. It is good to check on your internet provider to know when their downtimes will be as well as contacting them if you are not experiencing a stable connection. If the disconnect was caused by connection issues on your end, you may try the following:

• Call your internet provider.
  • Troubleshoot Your Hardware.
  • Opt for a wired connection if you’re using a wireless connection
  • Turn Off Bandwidth-Hogging Plugins and Apps.
  • Try a New DNS Server

I know that this doesn't provide any solid answer to your questions and neither a fix as of now, but i wanted anyway to point out that we are working everyday to keep Pokémon Revolution Online updated with new contents/feature/release and to solve any possible issue, this because we really care about our community and want to make sure that everyone enjoy the game and everyone is happy while playing it.

Please, let me know if something is unclear or if you have any further questions and i will be more than happy to answer you and clear any possible doubt.

Have a wonderful day !

ok thanks

• Administrator
ok thanks

As information/clarification have been given and I cannot offer further support in this specific case, i will now close the thread.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a wonderful day!

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others