Brainstorming the idea of a player driven "PvP Council" within PRO

Qeight

Even if most of ideas already said i still support and post, Since many pvpers left because no change, imo pvp council would be a great addition to pro especially if they revamp pvp in future. I believe community is totally capable of doing that without abuse

How are council members picked?

-Regarding their activity (Playing pvp every season), their experience and their skill (past tournament, past ladder and showdown) Staff or councils players can ask players that they think they would do a great job to join.

How long can they stay on the council?

-If they do a good job and are active : unlimited time.

What are the requirements?

-Old and solid player full region atleast some pvp seasons played with success in ladder + ratio.

Should they be able to participate in ranked PvP while being on the council?

-ofc jajaja

How would the split between Silver and Gold members look like?

-Even if no equal split need member from both server max 7-9member.

How are suspect tests decided?

-Discussion between the council member when a mons is overpresent% in meta or centralize too much the teambuilding.

How does the council decide what Pokemon to sent into a suspect testing phase?

-Insta ban if new legend/abi/mons overpowerd, if not discussion between the council who gather opinion about which mon/item/abi need to ban.

How would a suspect test look like (a special suspect ladder is out of question)?

-Vote at majority without suspect test or can be a vote for a suspect test of a season then they vote again if ban/unban. Goal of council isnt to ban something every month depend of new pvp addition ig.

Who gets to vote after the suspect test is over?

-council member only

What would council members need from staff in particular to make it successful?

- list of % usage of mons and a pvp ranked lock ig for banned things (like sleep clause) if they can code that.

How much influence does staff have over the council?

-Access to council chat, help for announcement visibility.

When can staffs interfere in the decision making process?

If a member of council start to go like ikonos post mode staff remoove him easy

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if most of ideas already said i still support and post, Since many pvpers left because no change, imo pvp council would be a great addition to pro especially if they revamp pvp in future. I believe community is totally capable of doing that without abuse

How are council members picked?

-Regarding their activity (Playing pvp every season), their experience and their skill (past tournament, past ladder and showdown) Staff or councils players can ask players that they think they would do a great job to join.

How long can they stay on the council?

-If they do a good job and are active : unlimited time.

What are the requirements?

-Old and solid player full region atleast some pvp seasons played with success in ladder + ratio.

Should they be able to participate in ranked PvP while being on the council?

-ofc jajaja

How would the split between Silver and Gold members look like?

-Even if no equal split need member from both server max 7-9member.

How are suspect tests decided?

-Discussion between the council member when a mons is overpresent% in meta or centralize too much the teambuilding.

How does the council decide what Pokemon to sent into a suspect testing phase?

-Insta ban if new legend/abi/mons overpowerd, if not discussion between the council who gather opinion about which mon/item/abi need to ban.

How would a suspect test look like (a special suspect ladder is out of question)?

-Vote at majority without suspect test or can be a vote for a suspect test of a season then they vote again if ban/unban. Goal of council isnt to ban something every month depend of new pvp addition ig.

Who gets to vote after the suspect test is over?

-council member only

What would council members need from staff in particular to make it successful?

- list of % usage of mons and a pvp ranked lock ig for banned things (like sleep clause) if they can code that.

How much influence does staff have over the council?

-Access to council chat, help for announcement visibility.

When can staffs interfere in the decision making process?

If a member of council start to go like ikonos post mode staff remoove him easy

you give me hope mama

• Like 1

Any notice or update or something that you can tell us about this?

I will update this once I get the time, this isn't super high on my priority list right now. If a PvP council comes, it will come with the Battle rework.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

After all this said, wanted to bring a bit different POV. We've been said that Mods are not baised anymore (sorry for saying the forbidden word). If that's true, why such a fear to make a fair and healthy Council? You can also apply your "teaching techniques", do a test for some weeks or whatever you want but please, there are still players that want to make the game better.

Trust your players, make interviews, get players that reached many times ladder with high winrates, or just ask destro and mama to make the council (not IMO: most succesfull players both in ladder and tourneys - IMO: better players left). Whatever you want. Put rules to PvP Council members to avoid any possibility of abuse. But trust your players.

In addition to that, PvP Council is even more important if some Pokemon / Moves / Abilities are missing. Two examples:

- Conkeldurr: Extremeley powerfull in PRO, good mon in OU meta but not that much used in Showdown. Why? Among other things, the absence of the Forces of Nature Legenary Trio (Particullary Landorus-T) makes him an extremely hard to deal with threat in PRO Ecosystem.

- Klefki: Less known technique but still a hard abuse of what it is non coded properly, and can be extremely frustrating. Since Prankster is not well coded, you can actually Defog with Klekfi no matter what Pokemon you're facing.

That's why PvP Council is a must and PARTICULARLY in PRO, of course, even if Battle Rework is incoming.

All this been said, Staff Members MUST interfere in PvP Council in order to keep it in the right way but also help them to reach their objectives, and of course, allow them to play PvP lol. (I've seem some post arguing they should not and it0s hillarious to me)

Kind regards,

GengarLv100

• Like 1
GengarLv100.png